Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Did Graham cracker say that too?
C'mon Mr. Graham, please don't tell me that you're too old to forget what you just said about your favorite person these past few weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Mr. Snowden is back to traveling and looking for a spot to settle in. It appears that Ecuador is giving it serious consideration.

Ecuador says Snowden seeking asylum there - MyVerizon.com

He is on a private jet to Iceland.

There was no intention of him ever getting on a plane to Cuba.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is on a private jet to Iceland.

There was no intention of him ever getting on a plane to Cuba.
He could indeed pull another Jason Bourne on the ObamaCheney regime.

Kind of embarrassing for an ivy league graduate to be outwit by someone with a GED.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Mr. Snowden is back to traveling and looking for a spot to settle in. It appears that Ecuador is giving it serious consideration.

Ecuador says Snowden seeking asylum there - MyVerizon.com
Why can't they catch him? Last I knew Espionage was a BIG DEAL and deserves a life sentence. What is wrong with him?? Why would he turn like this on his country?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Why can't they catch him? Last I knew Espionage was a BIG DEAL and deserves a life sentence. What is wrong with him?? Why would he turn like this on his country?
You can't because you have to obey the laws of the land in other countries, and that is no extradition for countries you do not have an agreement with. You also cannot just shoot down a plane in mid-flight flying in international waters or drone him in the middle of a non-friendly country.

Too bad.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Did Graham cracker say that too? I'm not a fan of his in any way, but if he did, I have to say on this I agree. However, my reason is due to the fact the guy committed a crime against the US, Lindsey nut's reason would be to pander to his SC RWNJs. All moot right now, as Snowden didn't get on the plane in Moscow. .... "as the worm turns"...

Lindsey Graham, will not be re-elected as a Republican in the next run for him.
McCain looks like he may croak any day now.(I cannot believe AZ, legitimately put him back in office)

Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
This guy needs to be taken out "by accident" of course. Too much time has been wasted trying to get him back to the US. He is in possession of stolen material which jeopardizes national security, and is basically shopping around for the highest bidder.
Thank you for showing your true colors when it comes to constitutional principles and the rule of law. The idea that we should kill someone because it is convenient to get rid of 'state enemies' is repugnant to what we are supposed to stand for.

Here are some noteworthy quotes:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
--Benjamin Franklin

“It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties…which makes the defense of the nation worthwhile.”-- Chief Justice Earl Warren

“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizens from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” -– U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert Parker

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.” -- H.L. Mencken

“When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn’t deal drugs.
When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don’t own a gun.
Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.”
-- Lyle Myhr

“Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.” -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

“All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging conceptions and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorships. There is the whole case against censorship in a nutshell.”
-- George Bernard Shaw

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” -- Edmund Burke

"We have won, not because we bent and diluted our principles, but because we stood fast to the ideals which represent the most noble and generous portion of the American spirit." --Robert F. Kennedy

Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thank you for showing your true colors when it comes to constitutional principles and the rule of law. The idea that we should kill someone because it is convenient to get rid of 'state enemies' is repugnant to what we are supposed to stand for.

Here are some noteworthy quotes:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
--Benjamin Franklin

“It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties…which makes the defense of the nation worthwhile.”-- Chief Justice Earl Warren

“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizens from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” -– U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert Parker

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.” -- H.L. Mencken

“When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn’t deal drugs.
When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don’t own a gun.
Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.”
-- Lyle Myhr

“Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.” -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

“All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging conceptions and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorships. There is the whole case against censorship in a nutshell.”
-- George Bernard Shaw

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” -- Edmund Burke

"We have won, not because we bent and diluted our principles, but because we stood fast to the ideals which represent the most noble and generous portion of the American spirit." --Robert F. Kennedy
Just so you know, your ObamaCheney loving friend florida.bob agrees with him.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Just so you know, your ObamaCheney loving friend florida.bob agrees with him.
People have a right to disagree. That's how horse racing works.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
He could indeed pull another Jason Bourne on the ObamaCheney regime.

Kind of embarrassing for an ivy league graduate to be outwit by someone with a GED.
Funny you equate this as a BO plunder, yet fail to see all the countries that are giving the US the finger.

Typical to blame, atypical to correctly analize. This guy couldn't make one move without massive help.

You think Romney would have a different outcome? Of course you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies