Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I wouldn't call her ghetto. I'd call her uneducated. There are plenty of people living in the ghetto who are educated and/or don't speak like her. So, I don't really like the "ghetto" tag and I hesitate to use it. But she does sound extremely uneducated and not at all prepared to handle cross-examination.

I still don't think this should have any bearing on her actual testimony. Being uneducated (or even "ghetto") is not a crime. Witnesses aren't required to be Ivy league scholars; they are required to be truthful. In fact, I think her inability to be intellectually-savvy can actually help the prosecution because the jurors will believe she's not smart enough to make up a story that would hold up under scrutiny.
She's Haitian

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Honestly, she does look very good. I'm sure someone coming from her background could easily come off with a bad appearance.

She's dressed very nice and made up well.
That's true. And she got her nails done, too, lol.

But yes, she appears clean and well groomed. Just not articulate, lololol.

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call her ghetto. I'd call her uneducated. There are plenty of people living in the ghetto who are educated and/or don't speak like her. So, I don't really like the "ghetto" tag and I hesitate to use it. But she does sound extremely uneducated and not at all prepared to handle cross-examination.

I still don't think this should have any bearing on her actual testimony. Being uneducated (or even "ghetto") is not a crime. Witnesses aren't required to be Ivy league scholars; they are required to be truthful. In fact, I think her inability to be intellectually-savvy can actually help the prosecution because the jurors will believe she's not smart enough to make up a story that would hold up under scrutiny.
True. Good point.

IMO It is her believability and genuineness on the stand, her inability to hide her frustration...

example.....She has followed through on restating several points that she tried to make more clear. There is a lack of communication that is hampering the defense attorney...He is misunderstanding some of her words at times....Understandable....But then he will stand there and argue what he thought she said, even while she has clarified

....Like the tape they just played on which she stated..."I could hear Trayvon"
The defense attorney is arguing that she said "couldn't" hear Trayvon.....Obviously the defense was counting on this to be a defining moment...a "Got Cha" moment...

Cultural differences could possibly win or lose this trial....

On the jury....you have a Mom w/ 8 kids, some of them teens, it is likely she may have heard this type slang speak before, or this type lazy slow dialect....The defense attorney is gonna predjudice his case because he is focusing on things that are easily cleared up. ...To me that means something..that will be remembered by these jurors.

Last edited by JanND; 06-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:

There's a lot of truth to that, but she's proving to have been led by the questions asked by prosecutors.

And I can't think her new snippy attitude is helping the prosecution.

They should have a much younger, more savvy defense atty grilling her. West just doesn't have it or get it. This whole line of questioning is a big FAIL. imo.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
She's Haitian
To be more accurate, she was born in Haiti, but has lived in the US since she was 2. 2 years old. Now 19, still can't read, and can barely articulate a coherent thought.

I think our immigration process needs to be examined.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
There's a lot of truth to that, but she's proving to have been led by the questions asked by prosecutors.

And I can't think her new snippy attitude is helping the prosecution.

They should have a much younger, more savvy defense atty grilling her. West just doesn't have it or get it. This whole line of questioning is a big FAIL. imo.
Had to rep you...
Good point about the attorney,
One thing to remember, obviously she was depo'd by defense and prosecutors....I don't think she was led. I think she is a literal person, you have to ask the right question to get the answer. She mentioned that a couple of times....Because Crump asked the question....
Oh Oh...Defense just messed up....insisting on that tape and playing it in court.
jannd

Last edited by JanND; 06-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I love her!

She's going to be the reason Zimmerman will get off!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

....Like the tape they just played on which she stated..."I could hear Trayvon"
The defense attorney is arguing that she said "couldn't" hear Trayvon.....Obviously the defense was counting on this to be a defining moment...a "Got Cha" moment...
No one can understand what she said whether she could or could not hear Trayvon.

A concern by the jury that her story has changed is all that's needed.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Cut her some slack, she is a product of Miami public schools, no doubt lives in Liberty City or Overton.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No one can understand what she said whether she could or could not hear Trayvon.

A concern by the jury that her story has changed is all that's needed.
Are you watching the trial?
A critical piece is that George Did not say he was Neighborhood Watch, He did not identify himself.....when asked by Trayvon...Why you following me....If George had done the right things at any point during his stalking this teen...the trial would not be happening...and a teen would not be dead.

Last edited by JanND; 06-27-2013 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: edit text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies