Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm trying to get the geography right. Do you know roughly how far from the gf's house the struggle happened ? Maybe it was closer than I thought, meaning tm's being right by or near gf's house is no problem.
The mailboxes where Trayvon had been under the roof waiting out the rain are closer to where George's truck was parked. Trayvon then tried to get home taking the backside of the apartments....The corner where Jenna's apartment is ....(the witness on the stand now).....the backside of her corner townhouse is the "T" entrance. The "T" the intersection to the walking path to the house where Trayvon was staying is at the entrance of the sidewalk/path that Trayvon was walking down. The opposite end of that path is Brandy's townhouse....where Trayvon was going home.
Trayvon took this path to avoid George...who had been sitting in his truck watching him.....obviously a truck can't drive on that path between the apartments.
George followed on foot obviously...if you recall the call he was on the 911 call and telling the operator he lost him.....George on foot pursued Trayvon. That is why George was there at the "T", he was following Trayvon.

Last edited by JanND; 06-27-2013 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay, where are they going with the social media thing? So she had some contact with George Zimmerman's brother? Interesting.
I think this all about bringing in evidence of Zimmerman's reputation. I missed what she said, but I did hear the attorney say that she said she didn't know zimmerman to be a hothead or a vigilante ......I think that would open the door to bringing in evidence of George's past, his character, etc.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Well, dammit, I didn't get a single thing out of Miss June's testimony.

She lived in the area. That's about it!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It will be interesting to see if this jury is made up of white supremacists, racists, and rednecks. Central Florida has long been a hotbed of such people, and I'm sure those folks would agree with many of the Zimmermanistas out there. This is a FACT. Central Florida, it is a well known fact, has long been home to many white racists and white supremacists. Sanford, FL itself, is the place where Jackie Robinson had to flee for his life.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an equal number of blacks and whites. We already know it'll be an all-woman jury (how ridiculous!). We already know they're gonna go into "Because I'm a mom" mode and throw their personal emotions into determining the verdict.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The defense opened the door to 'character' when they asked the witness if she had known GZ to be a hothead or angry person. She said no. This gave the prosecution the opportunity to bring up and ask if she knew about GZ's 'domestic violence' and 'assault on a police officer' incidents. O'Mara screwed up by asking the question.
I did see her answer yes that she knew about the domestic violence arrest or whatever and about the battery on a police officer. I'm wondering if the attorneys are going to research the law to support their positions in re this issue overnight and then argue it again tomorrow a.m., which is why the witness was excused but subject to recall. If the prosecution wins and she is allowed to testify about what she knows about Zimmerman's reputation, that would be the kind of win a lot of people have been hoping a prosecution witness would provide for the defense in re Martin's reputation/character.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The defense opened the door to 'character' when they asked the witness if she had known GZ to be a hothead or angry person. She said no. This gave the prosecution the opportunity to bring up and ask if she knew about GZ's 'domestic violence' and 'assault on a police officer' incidents. O'Mara screwed up by asking the question.
Not at all because he then went on to say both charges were DISMISSED!

Great move on his part. He completely deflected anything that might come in later.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see an equal number of blacks and whites. We already know it'll be an all-woman jury (how ridiculous!). We already know they're gonna go into "Because I'm a mom" mode and throw their personal emotions into determining the verdict.
The jury is composed of 5 white women and 1 Hispanic/Black woman. I'm wondering about the attitudes of the 5 white women, although I think one of those women recently moved to the Sanford area from Chicago.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Another prosecution FAIL.

She testified that the dead hombre on the bottom was face down.

Obviously, Trayvon was accosting George when George shot him.

Love it!
Trayvon was Always face down. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know there are some questions about that fact. Nobody has ever disputed that he was face down. It means nothing obvious at all, but there are important questions.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
ROFLAMO @ stone age conservatives who don't understand youth slang.
I can think of some other "slang" terms that'll probably make your head explode.

Idiotic argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
OMG!

You don't suppose Zimmerman HEARD that, do you?

That would change EVERYTHING!
That really has nothing do with it. Nobody is arguing any type of justification based on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Racist against what race?????? Bi-racial people?
Does it matter?

I'll give you a hint - perception.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Ha..........she just stated Zimmerman showed concern immediately after the altercation with Martin and had his hand on his head. His head was most likely hurting from being pounded into the concrete.
She said preocupado, which could also translate into worried. I would translate it as "having something on your mind" like you're concerned, worried, or anxious about something, but not that he was concerned for Trayvon's welfare. But asking her to speculate about Zimmerman's state-of-mind was just stupid anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies