Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
R: What you doing?

T: Leaving the store.

R:Oh.

T:So when you gone send me them pics? (cause that's what my brother & his friends ask every single girl they talk to)

(That's probably all you missed before the parts that you've already heard)
... and that was a 20 minute conversation.

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If DeeDee is to be believed at all, even in the slightest, Trayvon was very near Brandy's house. I don't think George shot him there and dragged him to Jenna's house. Do you have any other ideas as to how Trayvon got to Jenna's back yard?

And George told dispatch that he didn't know where Trayvon had gone.

So yes, Trayvon followed, chased, stalked, walked, tippytoed, whatevered, back to find George and smash his face in.

If the shooting had occurred near Brandy's house, then I would say George followed Trayvon. But it didn't.

/case closed.
His face wasn't smashed in. Not even close.

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakin View Post
i'd love to hear a phone conversation between trayvon and rachel.

That had to be some deep stimulating conversation.
roflmao

Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Doesnt give her the right to lie, embellish and misrepresent her testimony. Very unlikeable witness
But do you feel the same way about zimmerman doing the same thing?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He was awful. I thought for sure the prosecution would object when he asked her if she understood English. I think that's bullying the witness.
I thought they would also but didn't. I do think she did a good job when he was putting words in her mouth. She may have not been a great speaker but she held up under that.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
... and that was a 20 minute conversation.
Yeah...haven't you heard these kids talk? It's a lot of one word answers and silence. Then somebody says "why you ain't talking" and they say "I am talking; you the one ain't saying nothing" and they do that for 2 or 3 minutes then they start over with the one word answers.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
19? At 19 I was serving my country. Lives depended upon my decision making and the decisions made by others who were 19. Her friend's death is old news.
Have I ever been grilled by a lawyer? Yes and I have also been shot at and shot.
I can understand her trepidation. I struggle with her communication skills for someone who is 19.
It's a sad state of affairs. Obviously, at 19, it's hardly her fault. But she does speak 3 distinct languages, which is far more than most of the posters here that say she's retorted. Something to consider.

I've taught youngsters in countries that spoke languages I did not know. The greatest feeling in life? They taught me their language. I was in uniform at the time, and they brought me into their world.

Never, ever, forget how incredible it is to actually live life.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Yeah...haven't you heard these kids talk? It's a lot of one word answers and silence. Then somebody says "why you ain't talking" and they say "I am talking; you the one ain't saying nothing" and they do that for 2 or 3 minutes then they start over with the one word answers.
Thats so true. I wonder how many posters here have kids.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It's a sad state of affairs. Obviously, at 19, it's hardly her fault. But she does speak 3 distinct languages, which is far more than most of the posters here that say she's retorted. Something to consider.

I've taught youngsters in countries that spoke languages I did not know. The greatest feeling in life? They taught me their language. I was in uniform at the time, and they brought me into their world.

Never, ever, forget how incredible it is to actually live life.
I speak 2 well and a third I can get my point across.
The kids are always great.
I dont want to beat up on the girl. I really don't. I blame the education system and her parents.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Better stay away from FOX Spews then, I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he walks he will show up either on O'Reilly or Hannity's show.
You know. I bet George isn't a bad guy at all. He's not perfect, but a better role model than most. George's failings can pretty much be fixated on his learning disability and his frustration level. You did know George was adult ADHD? George is not brilliant, but well meaning. Unfortunately, his zest to succeed and be noticed, overwhelmed his ability to be prudent.

George, IMO, is not a bad person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies