Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
BTW, I agree if you don't want to get raped, don't trounce around like a ho. I have no use for trashy females.
This deserved a separate post. And who gets to freaking decide who is a "trashy female" and which ho's deserved to be raped? You, some freaking sexual loser, some freak with mommy issues.

Who, Dale?

You honestly think that rapist sit back like judges on Project Runway going over what a woman wears when they decide to rape a woman? What kind of trashy clothes to little girls wear, nuns, grandmothers, young women who basically wear the same damned clothes that every other young woman wears these days?

Yeah, Dale, folks women who wear "trashy fashions" deserved to get raped and black kids wearing hoodies should just run home any time some one chases after them. Got it.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How many "bad guys" are talking on their cell phones to the police?
How did TM know this? He could have been talking to a partner.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ah a type o sue me.
Could be they have an anti-gun rule to prevent what GZ did.
I agree tho. If you form a watch due to a lot of criminal activity I wouldn't join it unless I were allowed to defend myself.
Then again I wouldn't join one if it had idiots like GZ for members.
Besides that I am no fan of the hide and snitch game.
I see someone walking. I better call the police.
You're missing it. The simple fact that he called the police says a lot. Any attempt he did to follow was solely to know where he was headed so the police would know. And if he turned around and headed back, and then Martin confronted him, that should end any murder argument. He clearly had wounds, then Martin was shot, had no other wounds. I dont see how anyone can find him guilty.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:33 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times
Quote:
A civil case has nothing to do with a murder charge.
THAT I understand. OK, I'm going to take a stab and say the post I was replying to also knows that and was not implying that it was possible.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This deserved a separate post. And who gets to freaking decide who is a "trashy female" and which ho's deserved to be raped? You, some freaking sexual loser, some freak with mommy issues.

Who, Dale?

You honestly think that rapist sit back like judges on Project Runway going over what a woman wears when they decide to rape a woman? What kind of trashy clothes to little girls wear, nuns, grandmothers, young women who basically wear the same damned clothes that every other young woman wears these days?

Yeah, Dale, folks women who wear "trashy fashions" deserved to get raped and black kids wearing hoodies should just run home any time some one chases after them. Got it.
Hmmmm how many women have been raped while out for a jog? Better outlaw women joggers. They be making good men go bad.
Those women on the beach, wearing those skimpy outfits. Every damned one of them deserve a good rapin to set them straight.
Finally don't go walking down any streets either not a soul, because if you do you deserve to get followed and harassed. maybe even shot if you try anything stupid like confronting it.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He can't be held civilly liable if the murder is ruled justifiable, hence the term justifiable.
This sounds very legal but can you put it in to more legal terms? What is it called if it is murder ruled as justifiable?

Do you mean justifiable homicide? In other words you are speaking of the charge of murder not the conviction. Or in other words again, there's no such thing as "justifiable murder".

I agree about your civil comment but I need think more on it.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Here's a link to Florida's wrongful death statute via a lawfirm site. I have not dug deeper for exclusions based on criminal acquittals but if someone thinks he can't be sued I'd like to see Florida case law.

768.16- to 768.26 Florida Statutes - The Florida Wrongful Death Act

Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You're missing it. The simple fact that he called the police says a lot. Any attempt he did to follow was solely to know where he was headed so the police would know. And if he turned around and headed back, and then Martin confronted him, that should end any murder argument. He clearly had wounds, then Martin was shot, had no other wounds. I dont see how anyone can find him guilty.
No not missing a thing.
He was trained not to follow. He did anyway.
He called the police so what. He had training and maybe he called to cover his arse if things went south. He also pursued even after he was told that wasn't needed. He pursued even tho he was trained not to.
Worst of all was the assumption TM was guilty of something without ever talking to him. At a glance he formed an opinion and acted upon it.
He had wounds and I believe TM punched him at least 1 time. There is no witness that saw 25 + blows to the face. No DNA under TM's finger nails or on his skin to support the violent encounter GZ claims happened.
GZ has changed his story a number of times and as the Pros. pointed out his story is physically impossible.
A punch in the face after following a guy all over the neighborhood. TM was wrong for that by law, but I can't really blame him all that much either.
Finally I have to wonder who takes a gun to the grocery store with a round in the pipe, in a gun with no real safety????

Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
The sickness is coming from the people who can't see that Trayvon should have just kept on going home. When you're feet from home and someone is staring at you (according to you), or making you nervous, or scaring you, you go inside and lock the door.

I do see it from Trayvon's viewpoint. I would have hightailed it home. To not see this is what's sick.
Trayvon was visiting and did not live there. Testimony states that it was very dark at the area and hard to see. All the buildings look alike. This condo complex could easily be a maze to someone who is just visiting. Trayvon probably wanted to get home but had to figure out where to go and keep an eye on what appeared to be a threat to him at the same time. You try doing that!

Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Gotta love all the laptop/pc lawyers in here.
And as a layperson, if I was on that jury, I would not be impressed with
that ****ing, John Guy. I'd say the jury feels the same.

Saying something repeatedly looses it's meaning....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies