Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You may be forgetting the testimony of the first witness one day this week. It is recorded on her 911 call that she said, "the boy was screaming and he shot him." I'm speculating right now, and it seems to me probable that Zimmerman and Martin had heated words, Martin punched Zimmerman and Zimmerman fell down. The Trayvon got on top of Zimmerman then because he saw Zimmerman going for the gun. IMO, Zimmerman was enormously angry and humiliated that this "kid" had knocked him down, and started going for his gun immediately. I haven't heard any testimony that Zimmerman was trying to fight back at all. I think Trayvon saw Zimmerman was trying to get his gun out of his holster, Martin knew it and was trying to hold down the 204 lb man by holding his arms and shoulders, and then started screaming for help because he could see Zimmerman going for his gun to shoot him. And once the gunshot went off, the screaming instantly stopped. Now we'll have to wait to see if the State can prove that, which would prove Zimmerman was not acting in self defense but out of anger.

That makes more sense then anything else that I heard because it explains why there are no marks on Trayvon as well.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
I think Zimmerman on the bottom fits the scenario that he was going for his gun the moment he hit the ground after being punched by Trayvon. That's why there were no injuries on his hands. He wasn't attempting to fight trayvon. He was attempting to get his gun and shoot him. Trayvon, the tall young man who weighed 158 lbs was trying to hold down a man weighing 204 lbs so the guy could not get his gun out of the holster because I have no doubt Trayvon feared for his life and knew this guy would shoot him if he were able to get that gun out of the holster. Therefore, Trayvon was the only one likely screaming for help to keep this guy from shooting him. His screams stopped instantly when George Zimmerman pulled the trigger, the gunshot was heard, and the bullet when through Trayvon's heart. You can hear that on the 911 tape. If Zimmerman was the one screaming for help, common sense tells us that he would have continued to scream for someone to call 911 after the gunshot was fired.
But all of that is supposition.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
In technical terms, you have what is called a WILD imagination..and it's geared to work to your bias conclusion..
GZ walks, write a book, stars in a movie and lives happily ever after. One less thug in the world..
Speaking of wild imaginations, I present your garden variety right-winger.

His scenario sounds completely plausible.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
In technical terms, you have what is called a WILD imagination..and it's geared to work to your bias conclusion..
GZ walks, write a book, stars in a movie and lives happily ever after. One less thug in the world...

A racist wet dream, I bet zimmerman (if he gets off) will not live past 45

Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Keep in mind that it was raining, and according to witnesses, quite hard. What color does a dark grey sweatshirt turn when it's soaked with water? vs, say a bright orange one?
I can guess but at this point, I'm trying very, very hard to not do so. Probably shouldn't have said in a previous post that I thought the orange jacket looked lighter. But, got to say, if I was on the jury, that's what I would think - that the orange looked lighter than the gray. The prosecution would need to prove otherwise because the burden is on them.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Keep in mind that it was raining, and according to witnesses, quite hard. What color does a dark grey sweatshirt turn when it's soaked with water? vs, say a bright orange one?
Photo #2 is a photo of Trayvon's hoodie right after the shooting. It is not soaked through into to a dark color, at least not in that photo.

Trayvon Martin shooting pictures: Evidence photos released in shooting death of Sanford, Florida, teen - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 06-28-2013, 09:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
You may be forgetting the testimony of the first witness one day this week. It is recorded on her 911 call that she said, "the boy was screaming and he shot him." I'm speculating right now, and it seems to me probable that Zimmerman and Martin had heated words, Martin punched Zimmerman and Zimmerman fell down. The Trayvon got on top of Zimmerman then because he saw Zimmerman going for the gun. IMO, Zimmerman was enormously angry and humiliated that this "kid" had knocked him down, and started going for his gun immediately. I haven't heard any testimony that Zimmerman was trying to fight back at all. I think Trayvon saw Zimmerman was trying to get his gun out of his holster, Martin knew it and was trying to hold down the 204 lb man by holding his arms and shoulders, and then started screaming for help because he could see Zimmerman going for his gun to shoot him. And once the gunshot went off, the screaming instantly stopped. Now we'll have to wait to see if the State can prove that, which would prove Zimmerman was not acting in self defense but out of anger.
Another mind reader I see. Or perhaps you did a seance with Trayvon to find out what happened? The number of people that are proposing crazier and crazier scenarios and claim some sort of first hand knowledge...I just have to wonder about their mental stability.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That again ? She Assumed the screaming was a 'boy' because it was high pitched. She didn't See who screamed. Garbage, pure garbage.
Yes, this again. Seems to me the garbage came the witness who said Trayvon was throwing MMA style punches. Interesting that there were no marks on Trayvons hands and no signs of Zimmerman being beaten in the face 20 to 30 times "MMA" style.

The first witness was looking out her window for the part when Trayvon was shot. She also testified to a loud angry voice. This witness had taught middle school for ten years and had more familiarity to the voices of young people than most.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He was trying to.
There was testimony. Remember star witness?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
It depends a lot on the lighting:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies