Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There are brutal beatings and then there are fights where injury has been sustained. I've also seen fights which might appear brutal are not actually that bad with respect to injuries - some red marks, etc. Based on what I've seen from Zimmerman's pictures, he was in a fight and he sustained visible injuries from that fight. It far exceeded something akin to a slap and was not elevated to the kind where permanent teeth damage, jaw fracture, etc was sustained.

However, his injuries do lend credence to the account I've heard from witnesses thus far in the trial. Based on what I've seen, could someone who received these injuries feel as though they were getting 'beat up'? Yes. Does it indicate enough for self-defense? Probably. I say that simply because there is no degree of 'harm' in self-defense except what the person on the receiving end perceives and if it passes the reasonable man test. I think it does pass the reasonable man test.

That being said, those are my feelings about this case to date. As the trial progresses, I might change my mind. Since I have no additional knowledge about the details of this case outside what I've seen in testimony (I've watched every minute of it but am catching up on the last two witnesses now), I am not basing this on anything other than what I've seen at the trial and my own opinion from what has been presented at the trial.
You ever seen someone beaten to death? I have.

Head shots are the worst. The one punching can actually break his hand.

Brutal head beating? Teeth knocked out, lips busted, cheek bones smashed, nose destroyed, cuts all over. Blood everywhere. As a starter. And it can get worse. When someone claims to be beaten severely in the head, thats what I expect to happen. Zimmerman didn't even go to the doctor. Nor to the hospital. Martin had one small cut on a finger. No more. No real fight/beating here.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:47 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
You ever seen someone beaten to death? I have.

Head shots are the worst. The one punching can actually break his hand.

Brutal head beating? Teeth knocked out, lips busted, cheek bones smashed, nose destroyed, cuts all over. Blood everywhere. As a starter. And it can get worse. When someone claims to be beaten severely in the head, thats what I expect to happen. Zimmerman didn't even go to the doctor. Nor to the hospital. Martin had one small cut on a finger. No more. No real fight/beating here.
This isn't a contest. I've claimed that in my opinion, which I feel my experience is sufficient to form said opinion, that I feel he sustained injury from a fight.

Are you just trying to pick a fight? If so, I am the wrong target.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
This isn't a contest. I've claimed that in my opinion, which I feel my experience is sufficient to form said opinion, that I feel he sustained injury from a fight.

Are you just trying to pick a fight? If so, I am the wrong target.
I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just describing what a real beating can look like.

Sure, he had injury. Very slight. Not serious enough to even see a doctor though. But remember, Zimmerman's descriptions of the encounter were far more than what actually happened. Even the investigating detective (Sereino) called him out on it.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just describing what a real beating can look like.

Sure, he had injury. Very slight. Not serious enough to even see a doctor though. But remember, Zimmerman's descriptions of the encounter were far more than what actually happened. Even the investigating detective (Sereino) called him out on it.
I know nothing of Zimmerman's account. As I've stated before, I intentionally did not view or see anything about this case until the trial started. I wanted to 'experience' the trial in real time. Thus, I can only base what I've seen thus far in the trial. When I state my observations, they are in that context.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
I know nothing of Zimmerman's account. As I've stated before, I intentionally did not view or see anything about this case until the trial started. I wanted to 'experience' the trial in real time. Thus, I can only base what I've seen thus far in the trial. When I state my observations, they are in that context.
Ah, I see. Anyway, I think you'll hear/see more on this aspect of the case. Really ,,, nah, I won't give that away.

Looking forward to your observations from that view point.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:01 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,001 times
You dont know anymore about this particular case than someone whos watched a few episodes of Judge Judy. Ive been ska...rolling right past FF5000 speculative BS since post 50. If you have facts that pertain to THIS CASE then I might stop and preruse your posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Valid? What do you mean by that? Speculation is speculation.
However, I do happened to know a little about the rules of evidence and the rules of procedure, and just a tiny bit about various laws, so some of the things I post do indeed have a valid basis. I am SPECULATING about how things happened that night. That means I'm "guessing" about how the events upfolded and why, based on my interpretation of the testimony I've heard and my ability to think creatively about these things. I'm not stating the speculation as a proven FACT. You're welcome to do the same.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:03 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Interesting. What are you saying Nancy?

I am not making accusations, only saying that the few times in my life I called 911, I usually started from the beginning.

Still, it's possible that the reports in the newspapers after the shooting were inaccurate. I honestly thought Good was the man who said he was walking past the 2 men struggling and told them to stop. At least he's admitting he did not see the victim pounding Zimmerman's head on the concrete. I also recall he said he witnessed multiple punches being thrown by Martin. Now he's saying he only saw him holding down Zimmerman. Still, he sounded credible, but I think he changed his story.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-29-2013 at 02:23 AM..

Old 06-29-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Ah, I see. Anyway, I think you'll hear/see more on this aspect of the case. Really ,,, nah, I won't give that away.

Looking forward to your observations from that view point.
It's an experiment for me so I've done this on purpose. I wanted to see how I view things like this without previous bias or information. I remember the Casey Anthony case and before her trial, I was 1000% sure it was a slam dunk and there was no way anyone would let her off. It was after that trial that I started to question if it was the media's portrayal of the 'facts' of the case or if it was genuinely a miscarriage of justice. Thus, when this happened, I decided to not listen to anything from any media source. I did know the shooting happened. I did know it was made into quite a media firestorm and that Obama commented on it. Beyond that, I have no information on the people involved or the facts of the case. It's actually been quite a fascinating exercise.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am not making accusations, only saying that the few times in my life I called 911, I usually start from the beginning. Some years ago, a neighbor was fighting with his wife and I could hear screaming. I went outside and saw him punch her and grab their newborn, so I called 911. I described in detail what I saw from the moment I heard screaming, stepped outside and saw him punch her and grab the infant. If there was a shot after that (thank God there wasn't) I wouldn't have called 911 and said "OMG, I just heard a gun shot" without a reference. I would have said, "My neighbors were fighting and screaming at each other, so I stepped outside and saw him punch her and grab the baby. Then I heard what sounds like a gun shot."

Still, it's possible that the reports in the newspapers after the shooting were inaccurate. I honestly thought Good was the man who said he was walking past the 2 men struggling and told them to stop. There aren't any other witnesses who were outside. At least he's saying he did not see the victim pounding Zimmerman's head on the concrete. I also recall he said he witnessed punches being thrown by Martin. Now he's saying he only saw him holding down Zimmerman.
The implications would be ... not sure what the proper expression would be. I did not watch the trial today. His call last year different than testimony today??????? Perhaps there was more to it than just what he said on the phone.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't know...I assume what looks like yellow power or paint on the ground is actually due to a high intensity flashlight of some sort, but am not sure. The portions of his shirt that aren't right in what I'm assuming are the beam of the light are very dark indeed. As they would be to someone looking at him on a dark, unlighted path at night. Could be wrong though.
I didn't look through them but the one of Trayvon at the counter in the 711 shows the hoodie to be quite dark. Very near black. I believe it's Image #21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies