Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Would you agree that a single punch in the nose could have caused the closed fracture?
Would you agree that falling backwards after being hit in the nose might result in hitting your head on the ground?
Could hitting your head once on the concrete result in the 2 very minor abrasions on GZ's head?
Would you agree that being hit 25+ times as GZ claims would result in some of GZ's blood getting on TM during such an attack?
Pay particular attention to the diagnosis section....

Nasal fracture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-29-2013, 08:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I really hope Zimmerman gets put on the stand but I doubt his lawyers would open him up to having to explain the inconsistencies in his story.
At this point why would he? The state has not shown any kind of case other than one person is dead and the other isn't and their witnesses so far have totally backed the claim of self defense.

Unless they can put someone up to rebut yesterdays witness they're done and I'm sure they know it.

Now here's the interesting part, they had to know what that guy was going to say so either they've got some really,really big smoking gun on tap or, more likely they were forced into this "show trial" and are just going through the motions knowing what the outcome will be.

If this goes as many think it will if I lived in that county I'd sign the petition for the firing of the D.A. and whomever decided to push this trial wasting everyone's time and money.

Don't they have a coroners inquest in FL? Wouldn't that have flushed out some of these details?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What are you talking about? Accepting a verdict has nothing to do with how some of us feel about Zimmerman's actions. No verdict can erase what happened and I think you have it the other way around. Zimmerman's supporters will lose what little they have left if he is convicted, kind of like they did when Romney list the election and they refuse to call Obama their president to this day. Some idiots on Twitter don't represent everyone and I'm sure I could find some idiot Zimmerman supporters too, but of course the Blaze wouldn't be looking at both sides. Yes scared, White people arm yourselves. Buy more guns! The people on on Twitter are gathering an army and coming for you! Be afraid, be very afraid!
Already armed and plenty of ammo.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The physician's assistant testified that the two cuts on the back of Zimmerman's head were 0.5 cm and 2 cm long. That's tiny.
When they show that back of the head photo, it certainly does not look as if someone had their head banged against the cement several times as GZ claims. What is his head made of...rubber?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's exactly what the Trayvonistas are doing, and to bolster their notion, in all honesty the state doesn't have much of a case. All they have on their side is that emotion thing going.

I'm convinced old Angela brought this case to quell racial upset. To blame it solely on the prosecutors is not entirely fair since it's was screeching heads that practically forced them to do something, even if that something was utterly stupid.

Maybe they have a smoking gun they're hiding, no pun intended.

And to think, the defense hasn't even started yet.
And I am convinced that you are absolutely wrong about "Angela." At this point the attorneys are not doing such a good job, but they haven't rested yet and we will just have to wait to see what else they have to present. You seem to have made up your mind long before the trial started and are just continuing to "hear" only what supports your view. I cannot imagine any of the Zimmerman supporters to ever say they think the defense attorneys are doing poorly if they were performing poorly. No matter what the defense does, like that horrible opening statement, or opening the door to Zimmerman's reputation/character, all the Z supporters have remained quiet about those blunders.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When they show that back of the head photo, it certsinly does not look as if someone had their head banged against the cement several times as GZ claims. What is his head made of...rubber?
And I think the State has already made that case via the photos and testimony. The jury is composed of rational individuals who can see as clearly as everyone else that those injuries look very minor and were treated as "nothing" by Zimmerman after the shooting. It's perfectly clear to ordinary people that Zimmerman's head was not POUNDED against the sidewalk multiple times, based on the photos and his own response to the scratches after the incident. I also think that rational people will not conclude that one punch in the nose was sufficient reason for the excessive use of deadly force which Zimmerman used. However, let me say again, that juries are unpredictable.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Regardless of what Good said about MMA pounding, other witnesses have said different things, like the man on top appeared to be holding down the man on the bottom. I also thought I heard Good backing off on his assertion that Zimmerman was being pounded MMA style when he was questions further about what that meant. The juror's will have to determine what weight they give Good's testimony and his credibility in their estimation. .
I think Good's backing off his initial statement about seeing mma style pounding or hitting helps his credibility. He tried to be very precise yesterday on what he 'saw' vs what he assumed or rationally thought from what he saw. In fact, I think several times O'Mara used the words 'hit' or 'punch' and Good replied no, I'm not sure they were punches.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When they show that back of the head photo, it certainly does not look as if someone had their head banged against the cement several times as GZ claims. What is his head made of...rubber?
Who testified re how many times gz's head was hit on the ground or his face punched ?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Some people here sound desperate to see Zimmerman convicted and found guilty.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
At this point why would he? The state has not shown any kind of case other than one person is dead and the other isn't and their witnesses so far have totally backed the claim of self defense.

Unless they can put someone up to rebut yesterdays witness they're done and I'm sure they know it.

Now here's the interesting part, they had to know what that guy was going to say so either they've got some really,really big smoking gun on tap or, more likely they were forced into this "show trial" and are just going through the motions knowing what the outcome will be.

If this goes as many think it will if I lived in that county I'd sign the petition for the firing of the D.A. and whomever decided to push this trial wasting everyone's time and money.

Don't they have a coroners inquest in FL? Wouldn't that have flushed out some of these details?
The State hasn't called the Medical Examiner yet, and he will, I think, answer a LOT of important questions. I agree the attys are doing a really bad job, however, there have been some witnesses who have contradicted what Good said yesterday. There have been some fairly good witnesses for the State. It's hard to remember the details of the testimony of 23 witnesses and we often just remember the testimony of the last witness. Some of the State's witnesses have said that the person on top was holding down the person on the bottom. Good also had to back off his description of the struggle as the person on top pounding the person on the bottom MMA style. I don't think this kind of thing would go to a Coroner's inquest because there is no question that Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Zimmerman immediately admitted that he shot and killed Trayvon. The only question is why he did so, whether or not is was in self defense or motivated by some other reason or reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies