Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Russians said it best. The Start of any good revolution is kill the lawyers first. LOL
My brother rubs elbows with lawyers a lot. He actually brought one to my house for a labor day party.
LOL after he spent 30 minutes explaining why lawyers are needed I needed to throw him in my pool and did. He was a sport about it, but wanted to go home afterward LOL. What was my Bro thinking????

Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
Honestly, how could it be possible for Martin to have an 80 second head start and not be able to get close enough to his dad's house to at least get shot around there.

He had to come back to the top of the tee. There is no way he didn't turn around and walk back. Use common sense. One man is standing still (or barely walking) and the other (so in fear for his life) is running full sprint to get home.
He may have been hiding in the shadows near the T not running full sprint to get home. When I was a teen a creep followed me in his car when I was walking home one night. Rather than run home and then fumble with my keys at the front door in the porch light I hid in the shadows until he left.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Honestly, how could it be possible for Martin to have an 80 second head start and not be able to get close enough to his dad's house to at least get shot around there.

He had to come back to the top of the tee. There is no way he didn't turn around and walk back. Use common sense. One man is standing still (or barely walking) and the other (so in fear for his life) is running full sprint to get home. Now, if you are smart enough to know anything about math, you'll see that calculation doesn't add up for Martin not to be the aggressor.

I really do think blacks are trying to use this case to continue to vilify whites and to give purpose to their ignorance and hatred of whites. Instead of trying to deal with their cultural issues, they need a scapegoat (the white man).

I've seen blacks talk about this all over town, which is good, because maybe if they watch court proceedings they will actually learn something about the law. Sad, really.

Blacks don't score an average of 18 on the ACT while whites and Asians score 24-26 because they aren't given the same opportunity in school. Its at home, with one parent who blindly had children that she couldn't afford that doesn't have time to properly raise a child is what causes this stuff to happen.
Hmm, how to respond to this. Well, for one, I do not make any sweeping generalizations about one race or another. I've met blacks who are much smarter than myself and I am a person that has quite an impressive educational background with the accompanying high test scores. So, I reject the notion that blacks in general are somehow now getting the same emphasis on education. A case could be made that the home life for some blacks is to blame. However, my husband is from southern West Virginia - not a black in sight - and those people from that area suffer from the same problem. Nonetheless, I should leave that part alone because I really want to focus on this case specifically. I will happily debate these larger socioeconomic issues on another thread with that subject as the basis.

I do not think the prosecution has been able to prove where Martin or Zimmerman were exactly before the confrontation took place. What I think they have proven is that the two were both at the Tee in the sidewalk or very close to it when the confrontation took place. That is all. If there is other information of the whereabouts of movements prior to that, neither side has been clear on that as of yet.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Huh???
lol

Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times
Quote:
Hmm, how to respond to this. Well, for one, I do not make any sweeping generalizations about one race or another. I've met blacks who are much smarter than myself and I am a person that has quite an impressive educational background with the accompanying high test scores. So, I reject the notion that blacks in general are somehow now getting the same emphasis on education. A case could be made that the home life for some blacks is to blame. However, my husband is from southern West Virginia - not a black in sight - and those people from that area suffer from the same problem. Nonetheless, I should leave that part alone because I really want to focus on this case specifically. I will happily debate these larger socioeconomic issues on another thread with that subject as the basis.
I think you misunderstood what I am saying.This is exactly what I am saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Huh???
Exactly.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

I do not think the prosecution has been able to prove where Martin or Zimmerman were exactly before the confrontation took place. What I think they have proven is that the two were both at the Tee in the sidewalk or very close to it when the confrontation took place. That is all. If there is other information of the whereabouts of movements prior to that, neither side has been clear on that as of yet.
But they have proven where Martin's body was located after he was shot, haven't they? I might be misunderstanding. Are you saying they have not put on any evidence regarding the exact location of the body in terms of how far away it was from the T?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
I think you misunderstood what I am saying.This is exactly what I am saying.

Exactly.
I mistyped - the word 'now' should have said 'not'.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:55 PM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I mistyped - the word 'now' should have said 'not'.
Where, exactly?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Clearly Rachel Jenteal is a liar, because towards the end of the call, it is clear that George stopped running and was messing with his flash light (you can hear him smacking it) and at that point he catches his breath and is standing there talking. So he would have to have hung up and full on sprinted after losing Trayvon in order for him to be breathing heavy and saying "what u doin round hur".

Also, take into account that if Zimmerman did lose Martin (as he obviously did),then Martin would have had at least another 80 seconds head start to his dads house while Zimmerman was messing with his flashlight and standing there and talking.

CLEARLY Martin came back and started the fight. How could a 5'7" 206 lb man catch a 5' 11" 170 teenager who had at least a 80 second head start AFTER he was already in the distance from Zimmerman. Doesnt make sense people.
So you don't think that perhaps Zimmerman spotted Martin and chased after him again? Why did he need his flashlight?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Martin looks big. Certainly not the small child the media portrayed him as.
No media portrayed him as a small child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies