Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

For GZ.
15 Easy-To-Learn Brutally Effective "Fight-Enders"
He too can be a fearsome fighter. Command respect from others. He can finally be what he always envisioned himself to be. A real live American Badazz.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:43 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I don't want or care to hear Greta or any other FOX Spews commentators opinions PERIOD, they already have Martin pegged as the instigator in this case.
But its okay for CNN, MSN AND HLN to portray things the other way around?

Old 06-29-2013, 02:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
They portrayed him as a small child relative to gz. Some of the early reports had it as the 250-pound white man killing the unarmed 130 pound black child.
Well many portrayed him as a child. Nothing more need be said. When the word child is used the average person will envision a very young person, maybe Little League or cub scout early teens at the latest.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No media portrayed him as a small child.
This picture was never shown on any news cast then was it?

Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Some people here sound desperate to see Zimmerman convicted and found guilty.
That's ridiculous. I could say the same about the many who immediately said the shooting was justified and called the victim a thug, well before any evidence was presented.

So what you are basically saying is that anyone who has a different opinion doesn't believe in the justice system or has a personal ax to grind. Yes, we are "desperate" because we all feel George will move into our neighborhoods and shoot our dogs.

Sometimes people just look at things differently or want to toss around ideas. It's called creative problem solving.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
But its okay for CNN, MSN AND HLN to portray things the other way around?
That might be your opinion but not mine. I watch ABC's live stream of the trial, no commentary, no chat, zilch.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:01 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
You ever seen someone beaten to death? I have.

Head shots are the worst. The one punching can actually break his hand.

Brutal head beating? Teeth knocked out, lips busted, cheek bones smashed, nose destroyed, cuts all over. Blood everywhere. As a starter. And it can get worse. When someone claims to be beaten severely in the head, thats what I expect to happen. Zimmerman didn't even go to the doctor. Nor to the hospital. Martin had one small cut on a finger. No more. No real fight/beating here.
I agree.

Haven't we all bumped our heads at one time or another?. The bruises or swelling rarely goes away within 15 hours if it was a significant bump, yet all of Zimmerman's bumps and bruises on his skull appear to have disappeared by the time he saw the physician's assistant 15 hours later. She didn't note any in her records, and if there had been significant hematomas she would have noted them.

I bumped my forehead between my eyes on the edge of a freezer door a couple of years ago, not even that hard. It bled like crazy, and I have a permanent (small) welt there. If his head was bashed on the concrete hard enough that he feared for his life, I think there would have been permanent injuries and scarring from that.

There was obviously a struggle of some type, but a vicious life-threatening beating, no way. I think he had to exaggerate his description of the fight in order to justify shooting an unarmed teenager. The fight wasn't even that long. It takes a while to beat someone to death.

Also, if Trayvon had wanted to attack Zimmerman with deadly intent and had actually hid in order to do that, why wouldn't he have grabbed the can of Arizona juice, which would have made a great weapon to smash someone with?

Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I would say anytime you are in a fight and a lethal weapon is within reach of your opponent it is reasonable to say your life is in danger.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:08 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
They portrayed him as a small child relative to gz. Some of the early reports had it as the 250-pound white man killing the unarmed 130 pound black child.
And some neo-con media portrayed Martin as a street punk by posting a photo of him with the waistband of his pants half way down his behind, Michelle Malkin did that and was forced to take it down after it was revealed not to be Martin at all - yeah that slimey witch with a B Michelle Malkin did that.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would say anytime you are in a fight and a lethal weapon is within reach of your opponent it is reasonable to say your life is in danger.
I'm assuming you mean Trayvon's life was in danger, as proved to be the case, because his assailant brought a gun to a fist fight. If Trayvon did discern that Zimmerman was armed and was reaching for his gun, he was indeed fighting for his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies