Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 11:26 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Do you actually doubt that the state will introduce gz's statements to the cops ? Really ? to you.

His statements are public record, so yep, I have a decent idea of what's in them. Just as I knew Most of what the eye/ear witnesses would say.

Maybe the defense will tell the jury that rain washed blood off tm's hands, or the cops screwed up, or turn the question around --- how could tm have blood Only under his fingernails.

None of that matters to you, but it will to the jury, per my tea leaves.
They haven't introduced the ME's report yet so we don't know what they found on TM's hands. Remember though, if they didn't find anything, then something is amiss, because TM was found with his hands under his chest. Even if his heart wasn't pumping, gravity would still be letting blood flow out of the wound. He would have had to at least have his own blood there, unless someone screwed up and did not properly secure the scene.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Do you actually doubt that the state will introduce gz's statements to the cops ? Really ? to you.

His statements are public record, so yep, I have a decent idea of what's in them. Just as I knew Most of what the eye/ear witnesses would say.

Maybe the defense will tell the jury that rain washed blood off tm's hands, or the cops screwed up, or turn the question around --- how could tm have blood Only under his fingernails.

None of that matters to you, but it will to the jury, per my tea leaves.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
They haven't introduced the ME's report yet so we don't know what they found on TM's hands. Remember though, if they didn't find anything, then something is amiss, because TM was found with his hands under his chest. Even if his heart wasn't pumping, gravity would still be letting blood flow out of the wound. He would have had to at least have his own blood there, unless someone screwed up and did not properly secure the scene.
The M.E.'s report was LONG AGO released to the public. Additionally, I think they were looking for Zimmerman's blood/DNA on Trayvon's hands. The M.E.'s report indicated there were no injuries to TM's hands. No injuries.

Additionally, the M.E. can testify as to HIS OPINION about a lot of things related to his findings during the autopsy. And I'll bet he will explain, if asked, why TM was not "bleeding out" on his own hands at the time, but rather his lungs were filling with blood, plus he had on two shirts between his skin and his hands.

IMO, the Medical Examiner in this case is going to be maybe one of those "important" witnesses and that's why he's not already been called, but will be called before the State rests. After all, it's a requirement of his job that he testify as to the cause and manner of death.

Did you know that the Medical Examiner, or investigators from the Medical Examiner's Office, have to come and take photos of the body and supervise the removal of the body?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I believe her story. I think she was credible. I think she explained, and her reasons certainly seemed understandable and honest, for the lies she told. I understood what she meant when she said TM "got hit" even if you didn't. Maybe the jury will agree with me and understand her testimony as I did. Remember, the jurors are ordinary people in the real world and NOT jurists. And I'm guessing that the moms on this jury may have had an opportunity to talk to teens who are not always so very articulate. There is absolute PROOF that Rachel was talking to Trayvon at the time there was a verbal exchange between the two because phone records don't lie.

You know, some people focus on the details so much that you can't see the forest for the trees. I've dealt with many clients who have been incarcerated and that is exactly how they view their trials and think they're going to get a new trial because of a few inconsistent details. They're wrong. They miss the bigger picture.

Remember, the State has not finished their case yet. It is during and through the final witnesses that attorneys usually put all the pieces together.
Every thing she testified to about the time before the confrontation never seemed to change. Then why did the more important part about the time of the confrontation seem to change several times, each time making it look more like GZ was at fault? If the jury looks at her testimony vs her earlier statements in a logical manner, I think her value to the prosecution is greatly diminished.

Oh wait a minute! The jury is all women. Forget logic. Never mind!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:33 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
I believe her story. I think she was credible. I think she explained, and her reasons certainly seemed understandable and honest, for the lies she told. I understood what she meant when she said TM "got hit" even if you didn't. Maybe the jury will agree with me and understand her testimony as I did. Remember, the jurors are ordinary people in the real world and NOT jurists. And I'm guessing that the moms on this jury may have had an opportunity to talk to teens who are not always so very articulate. There is absolute PROOF that Rachel was talking to Trayvon at the time there was a verbal exchange between the two because phone records don't lie.

You know, some people focus on the details so much that you can't see the forest for the trees. I've dealt with many clients who have been incarcerated and that is exactly how they view their trials and think they're going to get a new trial because of a few inconsistent details. They're wrong. They miss the bigger picture.

Remember, the State has not finished their case yet. It is during and through the final witnesses that attorneys usually put all the pieces together.
Of course you do. lol
We will see the State finish, putting their "case" together filled with speculation. I dont think much is going to change from now until then. Right now, anyone who says there isnt a high amount of reasonable doubt isnt worth of an opinion, based on the trial so far. Could that change? Sure. I highly doubt it will.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:36 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
I don't understand the folks who're writing with joy that the state has no case based on week 1.

It'll be fun to see the change of tone when gz's statements and the forensics come into evidence.

As a juror today, I'm thinking tm punched gz, got on top of him, and hurt him bad enough to justify deadly force in response.

After I hear gz's account of what happened, I'll be thinking, what a load of bs, he lied about the whole thing.

After the defense explains why gz said what he did, I don't know what I'll think.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Every thing she testified to about the time before the confrontation never seemed to change. Then why did the more important part about the time of the confrontation seem to change several times, each time making it look more like GZ was at fault? If the jury looks at her testimony vs her earlier statements in a logical manner, I think her value to the prosecution is greatly diminished.

Oh wait a minute! The jury is all women. Forget logic. Never mind!
I disagree with your characterization of her testimony. Do you have any links which can show the discrepancies you reference?

Ah, and of course the post would not be finished without an misogynist insult.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:38 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Instead of bowing to the pressure of the race baiting media/hollywood, the State shouldve not filed charges or went for manslaughter. They wouldve had an easier time, though still not guaranteed, at getting a guilty verdict

Old 06-30-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Of course you do. lol
We will see the State finish, putting their "case" together filled with speculation. I dont think much is going to change from now until then. Right now, anyone who says there isnt a high amount of reasonable doubt isnt worth of an opinion, based on the trial so far. Could that change? Sure. I highly doubt it will.
You're welcome and entitled to your opinion based on your analysis of the testimony so far, just halfway through the State's case; however, I disagree with your conclusions.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The M.E.'s report was LONG AGO released to the public. Additionally, I think they were looking for Zimmerman's blood/DNA on Trayvon's hands. The M.E.'s report indicated there were no injuries to TM's hands. No injuries.

Additionally, the M.E. can testify as to HIS OPINION about a lot of things related to his findings during the autopsy. And I'll bet he will explain, if asked, why TM was not "bleeding out" on his own hands at the time, but rather his lungs were filling with blood, plus he had on two shirts between his skin and his hands.

IMO, the Medical Examiner in this case is going to be maybe one of those "important" witnesses and that's why he's not already been called, but will be called before the State rests. After all, it's a requirement of his job that he testify as to the cause and manner of death.

Did you know that the Medical Examiner, or investigators from the Medical Examiner's Office, have to come and take photos of the body and supervise the removal of the body?

The report has been released, but the defense has not had their chance to cross examine him yet. That is why it is best to wait for the testimony in court. More information will likely come out that is in favor of the defendant at that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies