Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 04:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Sorry. Court Reporters do not interpret the meanings of sounds and body language. Sometimes, lawyers will say something like, let the record reflect that the witness is indicating that, yada, yada, yada, whatever they are doing which is not verbal. Usually things like shakes head from sided to side or moves head up and down, etc. Most often they will repeat the question or ask her to repeat her answer verbally.

Was the transcript Jazz posted from the trial, from a deposition where she was under oath, or from an informal (not under oath) interview?

I personally did not have any difficulty understanding what she meant when she was talking. There were times when her voice was so quiet you couldn't hear the words, but I thought the court reporter and the judge and the attorneys did a pretty good job of "interpreting" and getting her to repeat what she was saying.
I had no difficulty understanding what she was saying unless she said it faintly under her breath.

A few times it seemed like West was putting words in her mouth, and I thought the prosecution should have objected.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My experience, from many hours of watching The Cold Case Files, is that before an arrest is made the state likes to have enough evidence to believe they can obtain a conviction.
I believe they went for Murder 2 because Zimmerman was following him. You may think it is legal but it may not be when the person is found dead.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I believe she was describing the sound of a scuffle starting, which is verified by other people. There is now no question that the two figures were scuffling on the grass, so why do you doubt only Rachel's testimony on that? She may not be bright, she may have an attitude, but that doesn't make everything she said a lie.
Because...

1 - She was clearly being coached...

and

2 - not only was she caught in several lies....she didn't even want to BE THERE!

Do you find it odd that the "star witness" did not even want to be on the stand as the single most important person that could put GZ behind bars for the death of Trayvon Martin, his "good friend" and last person speaking to him before he was killed?

Surely, she was drinking the kool aid when this with hunt began and the nation and media were at ultra-sensitive levels....right? She believes he was murdered in cold blood, do you agree?

Then why does she NOT EVEN WANT TO BE ON THAT STAND ANYMORE?

Because sheis simply not intelligent enough to lie...that's why.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Was Zimmerman dating Martin?

"Although stalking is illegal in most areas of the world, some of the actions that can contribute to stalking can be legal, such as gathering information, calling someone on the phone, sending gifts, emailing or instant messaging. They become illegal when they breach the legal definition of harassment e.g. an action such as sending a text is not usually illegal, but is illegal when frequently repeated to an unwilling recipient. In fact, United Kingdom law states the incident only has to happen twice when the stalker should be aware their behavior is unacceptable e.g. two phone calls to a stranger, two gifts following the victim then phoning them etc."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking
Well, if Martin was dating Zimmerman....it was an upgrade from Jeantel.

YIKES!

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She also lied to the Prosecution that she skipped TM's funeral because she went to the hospital for "high blood pressure". There is no record she was ever at the hospital - perjury.
She stated why and I would think that many people including the jurors would understand why she did it.

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I find it awfully hard to discern what a "grass sound" is...and I'm sure she doesn't know either.

How would you differentiate the shuffling of feet and rolling around on grass vs dirt? You can't....not by the average frequency response of a cell phone. No way.

Take a field recorder or, better yet, your cell phone...most smartphones have voice recorders now. Record somebody rolling around in the grass...or just your hand rubbing over the grass and render it to a .wav file and drop it in a spectrum analyzer (like BlueCat Freqanalyst...it's freeware). Then take into consideration that most cell phones have a frequency range of 300hz - 4000khz...

This girl was just throwing doo doo against the wall.
Do you live in Central Florida, or for that matter anywhere in Florida? We have LOTS AND LOTS of very THICK grass down here. We all "know" what grass sounds like.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Team Martin wanted Justice, the arrest and proseution of gz. They're still asking for Justice, so Justice must be something more than arrest and prosecution.

If tm had been white, do you think he'd be alive today beause a white kid woulda been too smart or scared to go up to gz or that gz didn't want to kill a white kid that night ?
If Trayvon Martin had been white I don't think Zimmerman would have found him suspicious, and he wouldn't have followed him. None of this would have happened. Every complaint to the police Zimmerman made about suspicious people on the property was about black males.

Young black males are used to being objects of suspicion, people crossing to the other side of the sidewalk, stop-and-frisk etc.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Dale,
How do you put people on an ignore list?
Go to My Settings at the top left, then click Edit Ignore List, put the member's name in the space, click OK.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Please, show me the quote where he is told to "go back to his truck".
I said, "go back to your truck".

If I'm going too fast for ya, just let me know.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Question for those that have been on a jury. When the jury goes to deliberate, are they given definitions on the charges? For example, 2nd degree murder is _______. I assume so, just never heard how they get that info.
I just served on a jury. The charge was conspiracy to commit murder.

We did get somewhat of an explanation of the charge. There were criteria that had to be met (proven by evidence). There was a lesser charge included. If we found the person innocent on the first charge, we could either find him guilty on the lesser charge or find him not guilty of any charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies