Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Apparently GZ was about to do that when he got coldcocked.
then why didn't he say that when talking to the detective?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM

362 posts, read 794,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Now I think OJ Simpson should have lost both, but with Zimmerman I think he should be acquitted of the murder charges but be partly responsible in the civil suit that no doubt will follow.

I don't believe that he chased down and murdered Trayvon in cold blood. There was an altercation and it was probably Trayvon that attacked him first and started the altercation and he was defending himself. Even if Trayvon didn't have any weapons he could have been dangerous. Remember this was a thug who grew up on the streets in Miami with gangsters and hoodluums as friends and who used drugs. Its also possible that he could have attacked Zimmerman to try to take his gun from him. Well trained police officers have died this way. I'm not saying Travyon deserved to get killed but his own actions were partly to blame for what happened.

However the whole situation could have been prevented if Zimmerman had listened to the police and not confronted Trayvon so in that regard he ALSO has SOME responsibility over what happened. However he is not guilty of murder and should not go to prison.
So Trayvon was a thug from the hood in Miami but was staying the same neighbourhood as George Zimmerman and has 2 working parents

How would Trayvon had known Zimmerman had a gun if he just ran up and attacked him unless Zimmerman pulled it out

Not even in Texas can you pull out a gun and shoot a guy you are in a fist fight with, if that were the case all people would do is shoot each other at every bar every night

The person who is following the other person and chasing the other person around is far more likely to be the one to start the fight and pull out the gun perhaps when they start loosing the fist fight.

The law is suppose to view people equally regardless of gender and race. If George Zimmerman was a black man who chased down and shot a white woman after a fight broke out, I don't see anyone believing that. He should have stayed in his car, had he not left his car and trayvon really attacked him, there would be no dispute as to who was in the wrong. Once a guy starts smashing in your car window or breaking into your car when you are in their you can shoot them. Once you jump out your car and have no good reason to be out your car and follow other people you will be assumed to be the criminal regardless of the truth.

Otherwise what is to stop guys to following you to your house and picking a fight with you, pulling a gun out and shooting you? Nothing

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What was apparent? How did you come to this conclusion that anything GZ did not do was somehow made apparent that he was going to do it?
In his statement to the police, GZ stated that TM Asked him why he was following him, and as he responded with, "What are you doing here?", TM cold cocked him. Even at 62 my memory isn't that bad!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
No Zimmerman's brother comes off as being more intelligent.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Trayvon was not a zombie hoard nor was he a large imposing figure. Judging from the injuries that zimmerman had it looked like he was punched in the nose once and fell. What you are saying does not necessarily apply to every situation.
Well for starters, this does nothing to counter my point, I'm not sure what your angle is here.

If Zimmerman did not have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death, he had no right to shoot, period. So this debate is not worth having. He was either justified, or he was not. It's as simple as that, black and white. If you are not in fear for your life, and you shoot someone in the pinky finger just in order to get them to leave you alone, you are screwed. Royally screwed.

And second, what I say absolutely applies to 100% of every situation. You do not shoot, ever, with the intent of causing a psychological stop. It's a horrible idea. It puts at risk not only your safety but your freedom.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Police are trained to STOP THE THREAT.

For the love of god, where do you get this stuff? Ask anyone who knows anything about the law, they will tell you, in a defensive situation with a firearm, you aim for center mass, always, period.

Look up studies on incapacitation by handguns. Reliance on a psychological stop is an absolutely horrible way to defend yourself.
Sam, Martin was shot at short range - a few inches at best (I've read 2 - 4 inches), not a few feet.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
It is very, very obvious that Zimmerman was getting his a** beaten. His nose is SMASHED and the back of his head is bloodied. They weren't going to file charges.....until political pressure got to them.

So yes, Zman is going away....that is how I feel after seeing the makeup of the jury and the first day buffoonery by the "defense". I am not a tin-foil-hatter....but I kinda get the feeling that both sides want the Zman to LOSE big time.

He will be locked up and broke.....good luck on a civil trial.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Sam, Martin was shot at short range - a few inches at best (I've read 2 - 4 inches), not a few feet.
Right. You do realize that has nothing to do with anything right?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
In his statement to the police, GZ stated that TM Asked him why he was following him, and as he responded with, "What are you doing here?", TM cold cocked him. Even at 62 my memory isn't that bad!
And again not saying he's lying but at this point it's his word against a dead guy. Zimmerman could say he was on his way back to the care reading scriptures he'd written on his palm when martin did a Jackie Chan flip through the air and landed on the hood of his car before karate chopping him in the back of the head....who's gonna argue with him?

There were no eye witnesses as to how the fight started, who thew the first punch, what was said...the only people who will ever really know what happened that night are Zimmerman & Martin and dead men tell no tales.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It is very, very obvious that Zimmerman was getting his a** beaten. His nose is SMASHED and the back of his head is bloodied. They weren't going to file charges.....until political pressure got to them.

So yes, Zman is going away....that is how I feel after seeing the makeup of the jury and the first day buffoonery by the "defense". I am not a tin-foil-hatter....but I kinda get the feeling that both sides want the Zman to LOSE big time.

He will be locked up and broke.....good luck on a civil trial.
That knock-knock joke may have been a setup so Z. can claim ineffectual counsel at the appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies