Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 06:20 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Quote:
Actually the reason I normally don't date black women is because
1. I find a lot of black women to not be very pretty. I like women to look cute, and only a few black women look cute.
2. The personality does not match. I would like to date someone who likes to talk about politics, and likes to travel and hike in the mountains.
3. I am a conservative, so I rather want someone who is conservative as well. Most black women are to the left.
4. It is also important that she doesn't cause too much drama, understands when I get hurt and is easy going.

Pretty much with those 4 requirements leads to very few black women left, hence I have never dated a black woman. But I still date interracially. I have met many Indian, and Asian women who do share my views.
Wow, I had no idea that you could just look at someone and determine their personality based on ethnicity. Why are the Chinese people bothering with the birth year symbols to determine personality traits, they must be crazy.
Perfectly illustrating my point 4. You are causing drama over nothing.

I never said I determine their personality by looking at them. You said that. Are you assuming I know zero black women?

My experience with black women is that I am not too compatible with them. If I met a black women who I am compatible with, and if I am single I will date her. Am I not allowed to think that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Dominican is not a race. There are plenty of "black" Hispanics.
If you read the previous posts...I clearly state my wife is "brown skinned"

As in "she cannot put 'white' in the RACE section on any document"

Now, does she tell people she is black? Of course not.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
If you read the previous posts...I clearly state my wife is "brown skinned"

As in "she cannot put 'white' in the RACE section on any document"

Now, does she tell people she is black? Of course not.
What race does she put on the documents?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
It is in a professional environment, health insurance to be exact. And I am not saying all black women fit that mold. I can name at least three in my office who most certainly do not fit that mold.......But I can name about seven that do. And I am not even saying that these differences are bad things. It just makes white men intimidated, or makes them not have interest.
Ok. That's fine. I have no interest in white men myself, and I am not the only bw who feels this way. I do think there is vocal minority of bw who almost come across as begging wm for their attention online. People are getting this idea, and u can see it implied in this thread, that bw want wm more than wm want bw.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How would YOU even know if you didn't know that a person happened to be biracial?

A lot of my family can (and have) "pass" for White....

Eartha Kitt with her daughter and granddaughter

Victoria Rowell's daughter (1/2 White 1/2 Black)

I'm sorry to contradict you, but Victoria Rowell's daughter is adopted. Anyways, you have nothing to prove to this poster. Who cares if all the kids come out the actual color black? Most wm in ir relationships know their children can come out looking a number of ways, but I'm sure they love them anyways.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Ok. That's fine. I have no interest in white men myself, and I am not the only bw who feels this way. I do think there is vocal minority of bw who almost come across as begging wm for their attention online. People are getting this idea, and u can see it implied in this thread, that bw want wm more than wm want bw.
I don't view people based on their race, so I can't personally say across the board, that I've never liked any white guy, because I've dated a few.

But the ones that I've dated, were highly intelligent, attractive, and professional, certainly not the trailer park type. I'll also add that my dating experiences are primarily with European, non American white guys and non American black guys.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:52 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Perfectly illustrating my point 4. You are causing drama over nothing.

I never said I determine their personality by looking at them. You said that. Are you assuming I know zero black women?

My experience with black women is that I am not too compatible with them. If I met a black women who I am compatible with, and if I am single I will date her. Am I not allowed to think that?
Sarcasm is drama?

But my issue with you is simple, you basically said all back women are the same. That's a problem. Based on your comments you are assuming that black women are incompatible with asked on your own preconceived notions. As is black women are a monolith that is all the same. This is a very common problem.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I wasn't told I'd be disowned, but I was told that my husband, if black, would not be welcome....

I find this whole thing really disturbing...what matters most is, if your children are happy, not the race, religion and so on....

It is so petty and ignorant....

and if I stare forgive me, it's because either the man or the woman or both are attractive....I love to look at beautiful people....

and I would stare at Magic Mike all day long....

Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I shocked my mother and my aunt and uncle at my HS graduation in 1964 by kissing several girls I had been affectionate with including a wonderful black girl. My aunt was shocked by the black girl. My mother was shocked that there were any girls and my uncle by there being more than one. That was a good evening. Then and now I was far more concerned with personality than "beauty" or race.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sarcasm is drama?

But my issue with you is simple, you basically said all back women are the same. That's a problem. Based on your comments you are assuming that black women are incompatible with asked on your own preconceived notions. As is black women are a monolith that is all the same. This is a very common problem.
No, I didn't assume they are all the same. I said there are few black women have the 4 qualities I listed, hence I normally don't end up dating black women. That does not mean they are all the same. Think logically, and you will understand that. I will give you a hint, learn the difference between the logical function AND and OR. Again you are perfectly illustrating my point 4. I don't like women with who creates a lot of drama over absolutely nothing.

Instead of being intellectually curious trying to find out what I actually think, you put me into a preconceived box where I am labeled tons of opinions, because you assume people like me have certain opinions. Then when you are done labeling me with opinions I do not hold, then you get outraged.

Stop labeling people. If I don't say something, then don't assume I believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies