Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Back on topic....

There are a lot of negative (and erroneous) stereotypes that persist in relation to Black women that are an obstacle to be sure but often times Black women are also not receptive to non-Black men romantically. Many great guys are passed over or not given an opportunity by Black women because of misconceptions about the motivations of non-BM in pursuing Black women.
I have noticed the same pattern. But I believe it will change, as black women and white men become better acquainted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
what type of job were you doing? fast food maybe? if you worked with professional black women, this would not be your experience. many of us do not fit the mold.
It is in a professional environment, health insurance to be exact. And I am not saying all black women fit that mold. I can name at least three in my office who most certainly do not fit that mold.......But I can name about seven that do. And I am not even saying that these differences are bad things. It just makes white men intimidated, or makes them not have interest.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Wow, I had no idea that you could just look at someone and determine their personality based in ethnicity. Why are the Chinese people bothering with uses the birth year symbols to determine personality traits, they must be crazy.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Who needs astrology? A person's skin color will tell us everything.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominix42 View Post
African people have distinct features that other races of people don't have.
There is only one race of people.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I don't understand having a problem with interracial dating in general, but I really don't understand not approving of whites and blacks getting together. I mean, it's not like there are that many cultural differences you can count on making things difficult in the relationship. Yes, one could stereotype whites and blacks in order to argue otherwise. But I'm a white guy who's dated black women. I'm now married to a Hispanic woman and let me tell you, there are far more cultural differences between Hispanic families and white families (typically). Same goes for whites getting with Asians. You are much more likely to encounter cultural differences. Yet I've never heard of this being frowned upon, though I'm sure it is to a certain degree. Now, obviously, I'm not saying whites shouldn't be getting with Hispanics or Asian Americans either. But we've all heard that blacks and whites getting together is so controversial, and I really don't see why. There are no two races that match one another better in terms of culture/values in the U.S. than white people and black people.

But I guess all this really shows is that Americans care more about looks than anything else. The amount of difference in skin pigmentation = all that counts.
The average 2nd generation+ American has way more in common than a 1st generation immigrant from any group......

Crossing class or religious lines is way harder than crossing "race."

Especially when you consider most americans share a religion and culture. It is pretty silly.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I have noticed the same pattern. But I believe it will change, as black women and white men become better acquainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
It is in a professional environment, health insurance to be exact. And I am not saying all black women fit that mold. I can name at least three in my office who most certainly do not fit that mold.......But I can name about seven that do. And I am not even saying that these differences are bad things. It just makes white men intimidated, or makes them not have interest.

There is a much longer history of powerful men who go after Black women that they desire because they aren't concerned with appeasing anyone other than themselves. I find it to be quite telling that it is White men with more education and higher incomes who tend to marry Black women.

A list of famous and/or wealthy (mostly) White men with Black wives or girlfriends (present and past) or who have children with Black women

Barack Obama (President of the United States and the most powerful man in the WORLD)
Vladimir Doronin (Russian billionaire) - dating Naomi Campbell
Peter Norton (Norton Antivirus and billionaire) - black wife
George Lucas (billionaire) - black wife
Prince Maximillan of Liechtenstein (one of the wealthiest royal families in Europe has a black wife Princess Angela)
Count Ferdinand of Austria (black wife)
Baron Christian de Massy of Monaco (black wife)
Viscount of Weymouth of England (black wife)
Prince Albert of Monaco (has an acknowledged child with long time girlfriend who is African)
Ronald Betts (billionaire) - black wife
Jack McCain (son of Senator John McCain) - black wife
Robert DeNiro - black wife
Simon Cowell
Jean Yves Cendrey - black wife
David Bowie - black wife
Mick Jagger
Michael Fassbender
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Sean Penn
George Clooney
David Guetta -black wife
Wolfgang Puck - black wife
Luca Orlandi - black wife
Roger Ebert - black wife
William Cohen (former senator) - black wife
Scooter Libby - black wife
President Thomas Jefferson
President George Washington
Strom Thurman
Stone Phillips (former NBC news anchor) - black wife
Director Tom Verica - black wife
Iggy Pop - black wife
Carlos Santana - black wife
Maximillion Cooper (billionaire)
Wissam Al Mana (billionaire) - married to Janet Jackson
Robin Thicke - black wife
Larry Gagosian (world renown art dealer)
Paul Wall - black wife
Mats Carlston (billionaire) - black wife
Remy Shand - black wife
Sidney Lumet black wife
Arne Næss, Jr (billionaire was married to Diana Ross)
Timothy Fales - black wife
Mike Adenuga (billionaire) - black wife
Chris Noth (Mr Big from Sex in the City)
Boris Becker - black wife
Dirk Nowitzki - black wife
Brian Musso - black wife
Alinko Dangote (billionaire) - black wife
Malcolm Hall (Palm Beach old money) - black wife
Albert Dobrish - black wife
Bradley Cooper
Matt Stone - black wife
Noah Tepperberg
Ol Parker - black wife
Mark Ecko - black wife
Chet Baker - black wife

and on and on....

Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I've been married to a black woman for many years. My parents welcomed her like a daughter and my siblings like a sister. My mother was more concerned about her religion than her color. Her family was as good to me. Where I live we are treated just fine have friends of all races and most combos thereof, no looks, no stares and in all these years never a remark. Outside of this area, we have run into a few who stare, but it is very rare. It is just not that big a deal across most of America anymore and certainly not out west.

There are more mixed marriages than you imagine. There are several mixed black/white couples including BF/WM in our master planned community and many interracial kids in the school. You see them and the kids if you are in one more than if you are not, I think. It is like when you buy a new car and then notice how many of the same car are on the roads that you never noticed before.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
There is only one race of people.
Only because humans are egomaniacs.....

They've classified everything else to the Nth degree in the animal kingdom. Why not humans?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I cherish the diversity of all peoples!

But I am honestly not attracted to AA women....or Oriental women for that matter.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM

362 posts, read 794,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I think that if it wasn't for family members & others in society's (possible) negative feelings, opinions & comments, that more white men would date/marry black women. But because white men don't want to look "bad" in the eyes of their parents, other relatives, maybe coworkers, & strangers in society, meaning being stared at, talked about behind their back, thought of in a different light, possibly have biracial children, etc., they tend to stay away & not date/marry black women.

Many parents today still are willing to disown their kids if they date/marry the "wrong" race person, which is a real shame! TONS & TONS of black men date/marry white women, so why not a lot more white male/black female relationships?

And please, no one say anything to cause this thread to be closed. (And please, no one think I'm trying to be racist...I'm a biracial person myself.)
No white men date whoever they want. It is that we do not WANT black woman. We want kids that look somewhat like us. You really think my white sister can date a black man but I cannot marry a black woman because I fear what my family thinks I do not want a black woman for a wife, she might want a black man for a husband.

Biracial, all you will be having is a black kid. If a white man marries a latina the kid often comes out still looking white or white enough to pass. Marry a black forget about it, when your daughter is 15 people will think you are either a pedophile or creepy old white guy who kidnapped a black kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies