Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times

Advertisements

Why is someone, who is not a Black woman, so concerned about who is or is not attracted to Black women? It is just so odd for a person to be so heavily invested in the lives of Black women when it has nothing to do with them personally. Very odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,913,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is someone, who is not a Black woman, so concerned about who is or is not attracted to Black women? It is just so odd for a person to be so heavily invested in the lives of Black women when it has nothing to do with them personally. Very odd.
Maybe he has spare energy or brain cycles?

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
He's race baiting. Ignore him and he will go away.

937 posts, read 1,135,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominix42 View Post
No I'm not. I gave my humble opinion, asked some logical questions and was immediatly attacked by the militant black woman tribe of city-data.
Did you create a new username, just to share your humble opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominix42 View Post
No. To Invoke is to "Call."

Much like someone would do children with a dinner bell. Make sense? Good. Today's english lesson is finished.
A sensible person would simply admit that they used the word improperly and move on.

in·voke (n-vk)
tr.v. in·voked, in·vok·ing, in·vokes 1. To call on (a higher power) for assistance, support, or inspiration: "Stretching out her hands she had the air of a Greek woman who invoked a deity" (Ford Madox Ford).
2. To appeal to or cite in support or justification.
3. To call for earnestly; solicit: invoked the help of a passing motorist.
4. To summon with incantations; conjure.

a : to petition for help or support
b : to appeal to or cite as authority
: to call forth by incantation : conjure

: to make an earnest request for : solicit

: to put into effect or operation : implement

in·voke

/ɪnˈvoʊk/ Show Spelled [in-vohk] Show IPA verb (used with object), in·voked, in·vok·ing. 1. to call for with earnest desire; make supplication or pray for: to invoke God's mercy.

2. to call on (a deity, Muse, etc.), as in prayer or supplication.

3. to declare to be binding or in effect: to invoke the law; to invoke a veto.

4. to appeal to, as for confirmation.

5. to petition or call on for help or aid.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,079,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I think that if it wasn't for family members & others in society's (possible) negative feelings, opinions & comments, that more white men would date/marry black women. But because white men don't want to look "bad" in the eyes of their parents, other relatives, maybe coworkers, & strangers in society, meaning being stared at, talked about behind their back, thought of in a different light, possibly have biracial children, etc., they tend to stay away & not date/marry black women.

Many parents today still are willing to disown their kids if they date/marry the "wrong" race person, which is a real shame! TONS & TONS of black men date/marry white women, so why not a lot more white male/black female relationships?

And please, no one say anything to cause this thread to be closed. (And please, no one think I'm trying to be racist...I'm a biracial person myself.)
Actually the reason I normally don't date black women is because
1. I find a lot of black women to not be very pretty. I like women to look cute, and only a few black women look cute.
2. The personality does not match. I would like to date someone who likes to talk about politics, and likes to travel and hike in the mountains.
3. I am a conservative, so I rather want someone who is conservative as well. Most black women are to the left.
4. It is also important that she doesn't cause too much drama, understands when I get hurt and is easy going.

Pretty much with those 4 requirements leads to very few black women left, hence I have never dated a black woman. But I still date interracially. I have met many Indian, and Asian women who do share my views.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
He's race baiting. Ignore him and he will go away.
But I like his fuzzy hair.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I think that if it wasn't for family members & others in society's (possible) negative feelings, opinions & comments, that more white men would date/marry black women. But because white men don't want to look "bad" in the eyes of their parents, other relatives, maybe coworkers, & strangers in society, meaning being stared at, talked about behind their back, thought of in a different light, possibly have biracial children, etc., they tend to stay away & not date/marry black women.

Many parents today still are willing to disown their kids if they date/marry the "wrong" race person, which is a real shame! TONS & TONS of black men date/marry white women, so why not a lot more white male/black female relationships?

And please, no one say anything to cause this thread to be closed. (And please, no one think I'm trying to be racist...I'm a biracial person myself.)
Back on topic....

There are a lot of negative (and erroneous) stereotypes that persist in relation to Black women that are an obstacle to be sure but often times Black women are also not receptive to non-Black men romantically. Many great guys are passed over or not given an opportunity by Black women because of misconceptions about the motivations of non-BM in pursuing Black women.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,913,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Actually the reason I normally don't date black women is because
1. I find a lot of black women to not be very pretty. I like women to look cute, and only a few black women look cute.
2. The personality does not match. I would like to date someone who likes to talk about politics, and likes to travel and hike in the mountains.
3. I am a conservative, so I rather want someone who is conservative as well. Most black women are to the left.
4. It is also important that she doesn't cause too much drama, understands when I get hurt and is easy going.

Pretty much with those 4 requirements leads to very few black women left, hence I have never dated a black woman. But I still date interracially. I have met many Indian, and Asian women who do share my views.
Wow, I had no idea that you could just look at someone and determine their personality based on ethnicity. Why are the Chinese people bothering with the birth year symbols to determine personality traits, they must be crazy.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Last edited by jade408; 06-24-2013 at 08:58 PM..

Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,396,050 times
I don't understand having a problem with interracial dating in general, but I really don't understand not approving of whites and blacks getting together. I mean, it's not like there are that many cultural differences you can count on making things difficult in the relationship. Yes, one could stereotype whites and blacks in order to argue otherwise. But I'm a white guy who's dated black women. I'm now married to a Hispanic woman and let me tell you, there are far more cultural differences between Hispanic families and white families (typically). Same goes for whites getting with Asians. You are much more likely to encounter cultural differences. Yet I've never heard of this being frowned upon, though I'm sure it is to a certain degree. Now, obviously, I'm not saying whites shouldn't be getting with Hispanics or Asian Americans either. But we've all heard that blacks and whites getting together is so controversial, and I really don't see why. There are no two races that match one another better in terms of culture/values in the U.S. than white people and black people.

But I guess all this really shows is that Americans care more about looks than anything else. The amount of difference in skin pigmentation = all that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies