Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:

I don't mind using reusable bags however often times you buy MORE than the
bags you bring or god forbid you do this thing and forget they are in the car so
you have to use plastic bags. So either you buy more at the register at what 1/2
dollars per bag or you get stuck with choosing FREE paper and plastic
bags.
I know. It's all just SO confusing.
The thought of keeping extras in the car makes my brain hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
More hyperbole. Talk to me when I can bring my own disposable, foam rubber car to the store.
"Since cars also kill animals, lets keep allowing plastic bags to choke aquatic life, because I'm too damn lazy to bring my own to the store."
Listen to yourself.

terrance and phillip did not endorse this commercial. also, this is not a canadian commercial to begin with. why comment in it? it was from the super bowl.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
terrance and phillip did not endorse this commercial. also, this is not a canadian commercial to begin with. why comment in it? it was from the super bowl.
What are you babbling about?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:

I really have a difficult time of it. I use a reusable biodegradable tote bag. I've had to go to therapy due to this catastrophic life altering decision.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I really have a difficult time of it. I use a reusable biodegradable tote bag. I've had to go to therapy due to this catastrophic life altering decision.
I know, eh? I have string bags, cotton bags, burlap bags and canvas bags. Wondering which one is best is keeping me awake nights.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:50 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Careful. It's only three choices. Plastic, paper, or your own bag. Oh, look. Now I'm beginning to sweat, and my head hurts.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
You missed the point of what I was saying. It's not about the brain hurting from the decision of bringing enough bags in the store with you, it is that humans do forget sometimes. To use a bag in the store you must first bring it in unless the store doesn't bag the bags. In virtue of forgetting you would either have to buy more bags or get FREE plastic or paper bags. Which is the better deal?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
The answer is simple:
Shop at Costco or Sam's Club. They don't give ANY bags, paper OR plastic!
You want a bag, bring your own.
Or, they will gladly give you a cardboard box. Or two.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
I know, eh? I have string bags, cotton bags, burlap bags and canvas bags. Wondering which one is best is keeping me awake nights.
Keep the burlap for root vegetables, the string bag for fruit and the canvas for canned goods. You need another for frozen so I suggest that you keep a cooler in the car. I know you are wondering why I am so proficient in this area...I took a bag class at Tree Hugger University.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
going green is just a big advertisement scam, the cheap crap they make now days just ends up in a land fill sooner now than in the past.. reusing a few bags just doesn't cut it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies