Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Blame your disingenuous opening - nobody trusts a wolf in sheep's clothing.
AONE wasn't being disingenuous, AONE pointed to an organization which the Koch's are a member of that try to buy and influence elections for their agenda. I felt it was necessary to point out how Koch Industries funds to libertarian party and teabaggers.

I also blame the court for deciding that money in politics is freedom of speech too. A big and awful mistake and an injustice to America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's hypocrisy at it's best, or worst depending upon the people on the receiving end, or the short end of the schtick. Libertarian is what the Koch Industrial complex is about, that and money. There's no such thing as a free citizen of the republic after the libertarian party agenda has it's way. Libertarians, like teabaggers are factions of the Reich Wing. They're bent on destroying liberals as well as the republican party, until there is a dictatorship named libertarian nation. And that would be, do as we say or starve, that would be slavery to their empire.

You just listed everything that progressives want, and spun it around. They are the totalitarians, not Libertarians. Unless of course you still play opposite day in your world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not exactly, Obama isn't a corporate elitist. Koch Industries is.

Now that I know who funds the libertarian party, I don't need to know any more about it. I'm comfortable being a Democrat, and am comforted in knowing as long as the Democratic party exists, it will do everything in it's power to prevent the overthrow of this government by political factions. A single party system is bad for their citizens, it is no longer a form of government, but is a dictatorship failure as seen in other countries around the world.

That I know of, there are two differing versions of libertarians.
Obama is a corporate shill. That's the only thing which has been transparent from day one. Again, it must be opposite day.

You continue to ignore every response to your Koch Bros fetish. George Soros, Ted Turner, Bill Gates, David Geffen, Warren Buffet, Sergey Brin and Larry Page support hundreds of regressive liberal entities with billions of $$$. It's like complaining about perfect weather because somewhere on the other side of the planet is raining.

Most string pulling billionaires are liberals. Because progressives have tunnel vision, they fixate on the Koch brothers, or FOX News. Progressives are the war mongering right stealing nanny state hypocrites, not the Libertarians.

You know what makes Libertarianism great? The fact that it encourages people to take their freedoms seriously. There isn't just one or two flavors of it, there are hundreds. Libertarians also have the freedom to believe in their own personal views, so no two libertarians are identical. We aren't cut from a mold like Progressives and Neocons; however, we ALL want this country to swing back to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. That is at the core of our beliefs.

But then, you and your ilk already know all that's needed on the subject.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-26-2013 at 09:03 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Since I work for a corporation and my 401K is invested in corporations I kind of hope corporations do well.
Me too! I love huge corporate profits. They make retirement possible.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Since I work for a corporation and my 401K is invested in corporations I kind of hope corporations do well.
How'd that work out for Enron and Worldcom employees?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
With regards to politics, this stuff is pretty much the standard from both sides.

The best thing to do is the following...

1- Know the principles important to you and stick to them, rather than being loyal to politicians. They can no longer be trusted.

2- Focus primarily only on your representatives. Those are the only politicians who can be affected by your beliefs.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
With regards to politics, this stuff is pretty much the standard from both sides.

The best thing to do is the following...

1- Know the principles important to you and stick to them, rather than being loyal to politicians. They can no longer be trusted.

2- Focus primarily only on your representatives. Those are the only politicians who can be affected by your beliefs.
I'd say #1, and then... #1, and if that doesn't work... #1

The term representative has been an illusion for a long time. I live in Cali, so I'm jaded. Maybe representatives still represent in other states.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd say #1, and then... #1, and if that doesn't work... #1

The term representative has been an illusion for a long time. I live in Cali, so I'm jaded. Maybe representatives still represent in other states.
I understand politicians are bought and sold by rich people, and they may not always represent their constituents. It is difficult, but not impossible to beat them in primary challenges.

California - yeah, lots of luck... plenty of rank and file liberals and illegals to vote in liberal legislators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies