Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
with the exception of vermont beginning in DC on up the north east then west along the canadian border until about montana and the west coast of the nation live the most sissified gimme gimmier people. personally I have no use for those folks, to me they aren't even americans. they are more like retro britiot or something.

I would like to see my beloved florida or texas secede from the united states.

I would also like to see public TV and radio abolished.
NH ain't too bad. Drivers lic ID will get you long guns and hand guns. We have open carry and for 10 bucks we got our version of ccw carry. The permit is good 4 years. The cops get 0 say as we are Shall Issue. No pictures no prints .......

Last time I checked NH permits were more or less valis in 20 states. I have been in 40 because i don't give a rats ass about the states that would deny me my Rights, such as NJ, Ma, Ny, Md Ca, Il ect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I lived in NJ, twice. I knew many people with the concealed carry thing going on. I assumed they had permits. Then again, I know people in Illinois who carry without permits, too.

We are not talking about law enforcement officers or thugs.
Probably everyone you knew in NJ was either a thug and breaking the law.

I have friends in NJ who have guns and hide the guns fearing the state and these are all long guns.

These people are not thugs but live in NJ for work, and because they are from there for generations. Me, when i go there i am passing thru and I carry a one of my .45's and just don't give a damn about NJ.

No one is going to harm me or mine anymore, and i don't care who it is, or who thinks they have POWER. I refuse to be trifled with and to do so could cost a life.

If you don't like it it's too bad.

In Mass it is hard to get a permit and it cost more than $100.00 To Hell with that....

In NH it cost 10 bucks and when it costs $10.01 i won't buy one anymore.

These permits don't mean squat in the first place. The first one I had was in Mass and the Cheif of Police blew his own brains out.... So much for paper.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 PM

21 posts, read 14,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
If she had a gun stuffed in the couch, she could have retrieved it and emptied the clip in him when he came back down the stairs.
She has toddler aged children. Stuffing a loaded gun into the living room couch is poor parenting. THINK before you speak please.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmendment1st View Post
She has toddler aged children. Stuffing a loaded gun into the living room couch is poor parenting. THINK before you speak please.
She could have worn a holster made for a woman, taken training, and had a gun in some other state not NJ probably.

When i was a wee lad, Dad had his guns in a open closet, and us kids knew better than to mess with Dad's things.

I raised my son the same way. You don't need to lock up guns when kids are raised right, and raising kids right doesn't take a village full of idiots either.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
This country came into being with children being around firearms. If parents weren't so scared and sissified they would teach children to respect firearms just like they teach them to respect any other tool, not to touch hot burners, etc.

Quote:

Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
hate crime.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
nope. as my father before me I was a child who grew up around free availability of firearms. we had children who all grew into adults and grew up around many different tools amongst them firearms. they have all of their digits because they respected power saws. the same principle applies to weapons edged or firearms. they never touched a firearm until such a time as we began their education in firearms usage. today they have children of their own. our eldest grand daughter a nine year old is an excellent shot with a pellet rifle. next year she gets her first .22 caliber rifle. by the time she comes of age she will be well versed in all manner of firearms handling and ready to take her place in this family's long tradition of responsible citizenship who's cornerstone is defense of self and others. YMMV

I pity the fool who would break into either of my daughter's occupied homes.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
NH ain't too bad. Drivers lic ID will get you long guns and hand guns. We have open carry and for 10 bucks we got our version of ccw carry. The permit is good 4 years. The cops get 0 say as we are Shall Issue. No pictures no prints .......

Last time I checked NH permits were more or less valis in 20 states. I have been in 40 because i don't give a rats ass about the states that would deny me my Rights, such as NJ, Ma, Ny, Md Ca, Il ect
yeah, I forgot about NH's fine tradition of personal liberty and personal responsibility. you are sullied by your proximity to taxachusetts.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM

I was stationed in taxachusetts for about one year. unfettered liberalism is a deadly disease. taxachusetts has been exporting their values for over four hundred years, nothing is more frightful than that. if ever there was an argument for withdrawing from the federal system the north east and west coast are all the examples one needs.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times
Massachusetts at least has small pockets of sanity while Vermont on the other hand has declared jihad on sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies