Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 AM

5,713 posts, read 3,220,193 times

Advertisements

*** yawn *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Caught on tape: Antiabortion center resorts to scary, dangerous lies - Salon.com

Includes video.
“Kate” is Katie Stack, a 24-year-old pro-choice activist and patients’ advocate at an Ohio abortion clinic, though she gave the counselor a different last name. Stack is also a founder of the Crisis Project, which films undercover video at crisis pregnancy centers like Cleveland’s Womankind and records the often medically suspect advice given there. And Womankind is one of thousands of clinics across the country that seek to dissuade women from having abortions. Unlike many of those centers, which gauzily gloss over whether they’re actually clinics, it actually offers prenatal care from medical professionals, but that doesn’t mean it dispenses accurate information.

Don't miss the shaming...
Ah yes, pro-lie, anti-choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 06:31 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,973,881 times
Quote:
Caught on tape: Antiabortion center resorts to scary, dangerous lies - Salon.com

Includes video.
“Kate” is Katie Stack, a 24-year-old pro-choice activist and patients’ advocate at an Ohio abortion clinic, though she gave the counselor a different last name. Stack is also a founder of the Crisis Project, which films undercover video at crisis pregnancy centers like Cleveland’s Womankind and records the often medically suspect advice given there. And Womankind is one of thousands of clinics across the country that seek to dissuade women from having abortions. Unlike many of those centers, which gauzily gloss over whether they’re actually clinics, it actually offers prenatal care from medical professionals, but that doesn’t mean it dispenses accurate information.

Don't miss the shaming...
Ah yes, pro-lie, anti-choice.
Oh the horror!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,702,824 times
Quote:
Medieval, huh?
I believe there's advanced science being used to support women with their abortion "problem".
You're right, though.
It is complicated.
And it's also none of your business.

Did you prefer the coat hanger, bicycle pump, etc?

Don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.
want an abortion? pay for one.

pretty simple.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:35 AM

25,736 posts, read 16,354,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
In 100 years, we'll have the technology to "farm" our children. women will no longer have to go through the the painful and long process and detrimental to your health, state of Pregnancy.

Couples will be able to get "designer" babies; children that will have the eye color they want, the hair color they want, and determine exactly how tall, how smart, or how physical they will be, all in a test tube.

there will be no concern over abortions at that point.
I wonder if they'll be able to identify the liberal idiot gene and delete that in that test tube as well. Imagine that, we could get our country back.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Medieval, huh?
I believe there's advanced science being used to support women with their abortion "problem".
You're right, though.
It is complicated.
And it's also none of your business.

Did you prefer the coat hanger, bicycle pump, etc?

Don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.
I have never and would never have sex with a woman who would be stupid enough to get an abortion so there's that.

And that wonderful "advanced" science you are talking about? They essentially send the roto rooter man in there and chop the baby up in the womb. Or they give it a lethal injection. Yeah, real "advanced".

Old 06-29-2013, 06:38 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,190,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have never and would never have sex with a woman who would be stupid enough to get an abortion so there's that.
So the entire premise is that women are stupid.
Too stupid to know what they want?

Then please, why not get a vasectomy.
Or simply leave women alone.

Women would appreciate it.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,189,708 times
Are abortions free in the US

Not really but what is interesting is that one of the exceptions is one of incest. Seeing that prolifers are normally bible thumpers and hold to a literal creation which would require incest and/or cousin copulations, why this exception? After all "life begins at conception" even if it is daddy or his brother doing a daughter/neice or in the case of rape.

It is laughable how stupid their stances are on these "exceptions" that they have no problems paying for with "their tax dollars™" but not others.

As it turns out, some states cover the costs but the precious medicare does not (unless it is a veiled D&C which is a legitimate paid for procedure for the affluent white xian wimmenz)

Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Not really but what is interesting is that one of the exceptions is one of incest. Seeing that prolifers are normally bible thumpers and hold to a literal creation which would require incest and/or cousin copulations, why this exception? After all "life begins at conception" even if it is daddy or his brother doing a daughter/neice or in the case of rape.

It is laughable how stupid their stances are on these "exceptions" that they have no problems paying for with "their tax dollars™" but not others.

As it turns out, some states cover the costs but the precious medicare does not (unless it is a veiled D&C which is a legitimate paid for procedure for the affluent white xian wimmenz)
There are always exceptions like those you listed. I would be hard pressed to argue against an abortion in these circumstances.

I've said many times on this forum that abortion is here to stay, but it shouldn't be looked at as a reasonable solution to a "normal" pregnancy (between consenting partners who simply messed up).

Old 06-29-2013, 07:56 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,189,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There are always exceptions like those you listed. I would be hard pressed to argue against an abortion in these circumstances.

I've said many times on this forum that abortion is here to stay, but it shouldn't be looked at as a reasonable solution to a "normal" pregnancy (between consenting partners who simply messed up).
I seriously doubt that any pro-choice folk would condone abortion as a BC method. When you have incidences of serial abortions then I agree, there is something horribly wrong.

The aim of closing the theatre side of family planning should be by making prevention more accessible. Trying to get them to stop having sex is never going to happen.

The exceptions I alluded to above would probably be covered in a hospital and not a clinic anyway.

Another real issue of our society is slutshaming where if a woman is raped, the defence will always try to paint her in a negative way. Perhaps a pregnancy from this w/o the added drama of reporting it and pressing charges would be a simple abortion and go on with their lives. Remember rape can be from date rape to an alley type assault.

I seriously doubt any woman takes abortion decisions lightly. Should a "in the heat of the moment one night stand" be punished with a pregnancy? It depends on the woman entirely what her choice is. You probably are going to find that the majority will carry as there is this desire to procreate anyway. Denying the alternative choice to those that do not want to be pregnant is too authoritarian for my liking.

The abortion debate selects a minority of ~9% of folk who in their ranks are minorities and the debate from the pro life side focuses on an even smaller minority of late abortions (with pics and graphics) of ~0.3% and 99% of the time, those have valid medical reasons.

Meanwhile under the radar, all the affluent D&Cs occur w/o a peep from the prolifers b/c those stats are not available to the public b/c of patient/doctor confidentiality.

There are many reasons why folk choose abortions and stats do show that as a convenient BC method is not really one of them.

My wife recently passed at 51. Lets say she missed a pill at age 45. We probably would have elected for an abortion. Were that denied, I would be left with a 6yo now to raise and I am not in that great shape myself (high BP) which would then pass the burden onto my kids who are both young adults, one still studying and one not earning much beyond minimum wage.

There is a economic reality and I believe every child deserves the best opportunities possible. Outlawing abortion just defers unwanted kids into the welfare system your kids taxes will pay for.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

I sometimes have to wonder if it's not related to their literal interpretations of the Bible. If one believes in creationism, then someone was procreating with an awfully close relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies