Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM

934 posts, read 1,347,636 times

Advertisements

1)Britain- I'm pretty sure everything the US government knows about spying, they learn from these guys.
2)Israel- A sure-fire ally in the middle east, stronger military than most and superb Intel when it comes to terrorist networks.
3)Japan- The enemy of my enemy is my friend plus the Japanese products are in high demand in the states.
4)South Korea- A capitalist true believer and an ally in China's own backyard. South Korea represents the strength of American Imperialism.
5)Turkey- Turkey is probably the most influential nation in the middle east and also a NATO member.

Honorable Mention: India, Brazil, Saudi Arabia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 07:23 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
1) 3)Japan- The enemy of my enemy is my friend plus the Japanese products are in high demand in the states.
Believing that as boiler-plate fact is like pinning a "Kick Me---I'm Stupid" sign on your butt.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Not a bad list... though your rationale seem a bit tendentious.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
You have left out Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Morocco,Jordan, Kuwait, Bahtain, Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dubai, Oman, France, Spain, Potugal, Italy, Germany, Norway,Sweden,The Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, The Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece. and Chile, Columbia, Panama.
All of these nations are hosts to US Forces and their bases. Many of these nations fight besides our troops in Afganistan or find their forces under US Command in Alliences like NATO, and some of these nations are participants in sopme of our most advanced weapons programs like the F-35.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Look at NATO in search and that's a pretty good list.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:06 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Israel is not our ally. They are the cousin from the sticks who is visiting who keeps saying embarrassing things in front of your friends but your mom told you to stand up for him...

Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
1)Britain- I'm pretty sure everything the US government knows about spying, they learn from these guys.
2)Israel- A sure-fire ally in the middle east, stronger military than most and superb Intel when it comes to terrorist networks.
3)Japan- The enemy of my enemy is my friend plus the Japanese products are in high demand in the states.
4)South Korea- A capitalist true believer and an ally in China's own backyard. South Korea represents the strength of American Imperialism.
5)Turkey- Turkey is probably the most influential nation in the middle east and also a NATO member.

Britian is our greatest ally by far, but I'm positive they're re-evaluating their relationship with us because we virtually said "If you leave the EU, we're throwing you under the bus"; of course that's paraphrasing but that's essentially what we've told the UK. Good ally we are, right?

Israel shouldn't be that high up on the list, we give to them, but what do they give to us except a headache? It's the UN's fault though and now it's far too late to do anything about it now.

Japan is a great ally to us, and I will say that we take a lot from them in comparison to what they get back.

South Korea is kind of weird to me, it's not anywhere on par with our Japan relationship because I feel as if our relationship with them is only to back them up militarily and that's all. Japan backs us financially, as it's essentially our largest Creditor.

I don't see how you could put Turkey that high up?

Personally, I want us to develop a relationship with Russia as opposed to China and Russia building a strong bond as they're building today.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:48 PM

934 posts, read 1,347,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You have left out Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Morocco,Jordan, Kuwait, Bahtain, Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dubai, Oman, France, Spain, Potugal, Italy, Germany, Norway,Sweden,The Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, The Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece. and Chile, Columbia, Panama.
All of these nations are hosts to US Forces and their bases. Many of these nations fight besides our troops in Afganistan or find their forces under US Command in Alliences like NATO, and some of these nations are participants in sopme of our most advanced weapons programs like the F-35.
Top 5 nations, not Top 30.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
I wouldn't put Turkey in the top 5. Remember that they wouldn't even allow us to use their airspace in the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Since then, they reportedly have veered in the direction of Islamic fundamentalism.

Canada would obviously be in the top 3. They have sent troops to our wars many times, from Korea to Afghanistan. My top 5 would be Britain, Canada, Israel, Australia, and Taiwan.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:

If we are talking about boots on the ground kind of allies then I have to put Australia and Canada just below Great Britain in a New York minute. Unlike either Japan or Israel, both Australia and Canada has been beside us in every conflict and misadventure since Korea (Iraq excepted, even best friends have their limits).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies