Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sometimes being a man get's harder as time goes on. Responsibilities get heavier and heavier. Going gay may be an easy way out for some. And in today's climate they become and instant protected class victim.

All I'm saying, is I don't believe ANYONE who decides they are gay halfway through life. Sorry, I never will. They just need psych help.
Nope. Its you who needs the psych help if you believe that to be the case. Any credible psychiatrist would agree.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Nope. Its you who needs the psych help if you believe that to be the case. Any credible psychiatrist would agree.
Nope, I'm rock solid and no chance I'll be going gay. My family can count on me staying and supporting them.

I have a right to an opinion and my opinion is I will never believe someone who switches sides halfway through.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
In the closet. You haven't ever meet a married couple and your gaydar just goes bananas?

My sister dated a guy in high school, when he turned 25 he announced he was gay.

The human drive to be normal and like everyone else is strong in our species because of our communal nature.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Nope, I'm rock solid and no chance I'll be going gay. My family can count on me staying and supporting them.

I have a right to an opinion and my opinion is I will never believe someone who switches sides halfway through.
Congratulations. You rock solid, no chance of going gay heterosexual man.

I, a gay man, could have spent my youth railing girls too (much to my disdain), to appease society and relatives. I could have gotten married, had kids, so on and so forth, but I would still be a gay man. I rather chose early on to find partners I was sexually aroused by.

And yours isn't an opinion. Its nonsense.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:05 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Congratulations. You rock solid, no chance of going gay heterosexual man.

I, a gay man, could have spent my youth railing girls too (much to my disdain), to appease society and relatives. I could have gotten married, had kids, so on and so forth, but I would still be a gay man. I rather chose early on to find partners I was sexually aroused by.

And yours isn't an opinion. Its nonsense.
Is this issue about your youthful sexcapades? I thought we were talking about people who swapped orientation halfway through life?

Old 06-25-2013, 03:05 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,373 times
[quote=PullMyFinger;30188938]Nope, I'm rock solid and no chance I'll be going gay. My family can count on me staying and supporting them.

I have a right to an opinion and my opinion is I will never believe someone who switches sides halfway through.[/quote

Opinions are like a certain body part. Almost everyone has them, but some smell worse than others.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
seems to be a few men (and some women) that come out, or go bi as they get older, say 35 plus or so,

why is this?

Can't Fight This Feeling - Glee (Lyrics) - FULL PERFORMANCE - HD - YouTube

Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Is this issue about your youthful sexcapades? I thought we were talking about people who swapped orientation halfway through life?
And it was you who said that gay men who come out later in life are only doing so because they are afraid of the responsibilities of man hood and don't truly find the same sex attractive. Any proof to your claim besides your 'opinion'? Because I can name a dozen real living examples (some of whom are close friends of mine) that would tell you otherwise.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,385,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
seems to be a few men (and some women) that come out, or go bi as they get older, say 35 plus or so,

why is this?
If in fact a person's sexual orientation literally changes from not having an attraction to a particular sex to having attraction to that sex (or vice versa), it could be a matter of classical conditioning. Who really knows? I think there may be so much resistance to even the idea that one could possibly turn gay/straight, or defensivity against the mention of such an idea, that some realiable research on what might cause it is quite a distance away from our present!

Of course, I don't think it should matter to anyone, whether sexuality is a choice or not. If it isn't verifiably harmful in some specific way (homosexuality), we shouldn't be trying to judge it in terms of morality.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,355 times
Quote:
Sometimes being a man get's harder as time goes on. Responsibilities get heavier and heavier. Going gay may be an easy way out for some. And in today's climate they become and instant protected class victim.
Some posters on this forum show such a basic understanding of the complexities of being human that I wonder if they ever leave their mother's basement at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies