Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
An apologist for slave owners.

Not surprised in the least.
I didn't come close to that.. I stated A FACT..

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-26-2013 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: trolling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didn't come close to that.. I stated A FACT..
Ok, if you say so.

Slave owners were not racist and pro confederate sites are good sources for MLK threads.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-26-2013 at 04:24 AM..

Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Sorry guys if I come across as a Black racist. Growing up consistantley being the only black kid in had made me tough, and very sensitive about my race. I am quickly on the defensive, and m ready to defend my race with all I got. I think they should have waited about 60 years when the true racists die off.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Ok, if you say so.

Slave owners were not racist and pro confederate sites are good sources for MLK threads.
What makes the site a pro confederate site? Because they post US Census data that you didn't know?

The first slave owner, happened to be black
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

Is Wikipedia a pro confederate site also?

Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
He speaks the truth!
Tawana Brawley would disagree with you.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Tawana Brawley would disagree with you.
I wonder about The Rosewood massacre how do they feel about it?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It's not that. Of course attitudes have been changing in the South, but there's still a lot of racism down there. (and in places in the North) And do I believe that if given the chance, several southern states would try to impose restrictions on voting for blacks? Absolutely. I don't think the threat of Jim Crow can cease to be a threat until all of the people of the generation who remember life before the Civil Rights Era have died off. Only then can the South as a region--as a whole--can be said to have truly changed.

400 years of entrenched, institutional racism cannot be wiped clean in less than 40. That's simply the way it is.

Not sure what all this has to do with my post. I'm talking about voting rights and you're talking about your outdoor activities. Okay. I too lived and worked in the South, and came away convinced more than ever that that region cannot be trusted with minority rights just yet. Have things changed? Somewhat. But there's still a LOT of racist attitudes down there. It's appalling.
Talk about voting rights HAHA you don't even need an ID anymore what brought that on anyway. Heck you can come to the USA visit Disneyland,vote,go to Disney world,vote go to DC,vote and then send and absentee ballot from France,It's a joke anymore now that you brought it up

Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM

14 posts, read 10,306 times
Quote:
If this was the 60's, you guys would be attacking King.
Al Sharpton is a race baiter and a racist. The fact that you're defending him is pretty telling about where you stand.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
If this was the 60's, you guys would be attacking King.

If this were the sixties, you might have a point, but it's not so you don't.

That was to whole point of the Court's decision.

It's not the sixties, so why are we enforcing a sixties era law that addressed a sixties era problem as though it were still the sixties?

Old 06-25-2013, 10:15 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Sorry guys if I come across as a Black racist. Growing up consistantley being the only black kid in had made me tough, and very sensitive about my race. I am quickly on the defensive, and m ready to defend my race with all I got. I think they should have waited about 60 years when the true racists die off.
But your Parents had nothing to do with you being the only black kid in a neighborhood? Where you went to school and how you were brought up?

True racists,,,,,lmao A racist is a racist no matter the flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies