Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's partisan BS from people who aren't based in and don't live in TX that is only meant to sway the opinions of weak minded morons who visit websites like Think Progress.
A graphic depicting centers that exist pre-SB5 and then depicting the geographic locations of the remaining 5 clinics in Texas post-SB5 is not biased. It is fact. You cannot partisan politics geography.

What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 PM

99 posts, read 167,655 times
Sorry about not giving credit guys... I saw a friend share it on Facebook and I just wanted to show it... I wasn't quite sure where it originated from myself...

Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
If you'd actually listened to Davis speak the entire time, the issue here isn't just about how far along a pregnancy is in terms of abortion. It's about closing 38 centers throughout one of the biggest states in America that many women rely on for things other than abortion services. Not to mention the use of certain pharmaceuticals and much more I won't waste my time trying to explain to your already closed mind. Nice way to create jobs too by the way, closing nearly 40 medical centers throughout the state.
None of the centers have to close - they just have to have a contact with a hospital within 30 miles (check out the map I posted - they are ALL within 30 miles) so that the woman or born alive baby can get medical care. What exactly is the problem with that? All other ambulatory surgical clinics in Texas follow that rule. You are aware that an Abortion is a surgical procedure ....... Right? If the clinic uses the Abortion drugs (only available up to 49 weeks) then there is still a problem - some women hemorrhage with these drugs and need immediate hospital care. The only reason I can think of that the Doctors who operate these Abortion clinics would object is if they can get a hospital to accept them based on credentials. That's a problem in itself. Sanitation and safe practices are something that apparently the North does not care about ..... I guess it's different in Texas.

This is all common sense stuff - we don't want Gosnell clinics in Texas, nor do most people think late term abortions (over 5 months) are a good thing.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
None of the centers have to close - they just have to have a contact with a hospital within 30 miles (check out the map I posted - they are ALL within 30 miles) so that the woman or born alive baby can get medical care. What exactly is the problem with that? All other ambulatory surgical clinics in Texas follow that rule. You are aware that an Abortion is a surgical procedure ....... Right? If the clinic uses the Abortion drugs (only available up to 49 weeks) then there is still a problem - some women hemorrhage with these drugs and need immediate hospital care. The only reason I can think of that the Doctors who operate these Abortion clinics would object is if they can get a hospital to accept them based on credentials. That's a problem in itself. Sanitation and safe practices are something that apparently the North does not care about ..... I guess it's different in Texas.

This is all common sense stuff - we don't want Gosnell clinics in Texas, nor do most people think late term abortions (over 5 months) are a good thing.
Just a point - I don't think you meant to write 49 weeks.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
38?

In a state the size of Texas?
Planned parenthood and it's supporters always talk about how they provide care to women who can't get care anywhere else. They make it sound like they serve rural areas that have no doctors - and there are plenty of those in Texas that are desperate for a women's clinic.

Look at this map of their clinics ....

They are bunched up in most urban areas - Austin, Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio.
one in Corpus Christi, one in Temple, one in Waco, 2 in El Paso, a couple in the Valley
Look at the Big Bend area between San Antonio and El Paso - I know people that live out there, there is a Doctor in Alpine, other than that ..... you are pretty much on your own or can cross in to Mexico if you are near a border crossing (and hope you make it back out alive). These people don't care about "Women's Health", they are Abortion Mills and make Millions of dollars from those Abortions - they are also Tax Payer funded. They don't open up in areas that have tremendous NEED for women's clinics - they open in cities with large urban populations with big money opportunities.

I'm pro-choice, I've known a couple of women that crossed to Mexico before Roe V Wade .... they ended up with botched Abortions - one of them died of an infection & the other was never able to have children. Planned Parenthood was a good idea that was taken over by radicals for MONEY. These clinics need some oversight or they are no better than the Gosnell type of clinic and the Mexico Abortion mills of the past.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
You might try an email to the Texas Tribune and ask them if they have the complete demographics of the people watching the live stream. If you write them, be sure and ask for location,gender,party affiliation,race .... it would be interesting to see all the stats. The UK is reporting on it, most of the news stories are citing "world attention", the Tribune says the highest viewership was 182,344 and she ended the night with about 150,000. I get my news by reading a minimum of 50 news articles every morning.
It is not my practice to spend time proving negatives. I seriously doubt YT released any kind of stats that quickly though it is possible that channel holder could check some stats. Typical analytics include only the country the viewer is in and no more.

It's incredible that to back up the veracity of one's claim the speaker would shift that burden to the reader.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
My interpretation of what?
If you watched the live stream, you know that the GOP senators were confused about the procedures long before the crowd ever became noisy.
Again, in order for something to have happened someone has to agree with you. You are saying that if I don't agree with your statement then I didn't watch the live stream.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
The Texas bill does not address the "morning after pill" ..... they are talking about Mifeprex, which is an Abortion drug that is administered by a physician in the early stages of Pregnancy. It doesn't prevent pregnancy the way the "morning after pill" does .... it terminates Pregnancy, and it can have serious side effects (excessive hemorrhaging) with some women.

Odd how many people know so little about these procedures and the Laws (both Federal and State) that regulate them.
Ahhhhh. Thanks. If you are aware of a succinct article that discusses this please link.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
If nothing else they should have been a lot better prepared for the craziness that showed up and got these nut jobs quiet or out of the room in time to vote. If you want to scream and voice your opinions that's great, your right to do that ends at the point where you prevent legislation from taking place legally. Everyone in there that is voting is fairly elected and is representing the people of this state.

That crowd should have been ID'd, and entered into a database that would ensure they are barred from proceedings in the future. If they'd tried that in a criminal court proceding, the Judge would have thrown every one of them in jail. I may not agree 100% with SB5, but have no respect for the people who had no respect for the Legislative proceedings.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
You don't live in TX, I do. My opinions on this matter more than yours ever will, if you don't like how Texans run our state I suggest you not move here.
Oh, how rich.

May I suggest the same to you every time you bloviate about Connecticut?

//www.city-data.com/forum/28950150-post170.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/29017468-post440.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies