Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:04 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The sexes are equal but they are different. The problem comes in when people refuse to admit these differences.
No liberal PC loon will ever accept what you just said. They simply can't. Nothing in life is "fair" or "equal" no matter how much they squeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 12:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Did not realize women and liberals are monolithic in nature. Is that also true of conservatives? Some certainly seem quick to throw a liberal label on people who disagree with their opinions.

Let's go, although I am probably not allowed since I don't have a home church.
When you spew the liberal diatribe I call it out. You have been speaking like you have been to the church of the "libs" all your life.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:26 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe the girl should bring up title 10, then the coach and school might just have to do without a football team.
??????????????

Title X is a grant program. You can't sue under it. Or perhaps the question should be what are you talking about?

Title IX you can sue under but how would that apply to a private school?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
maybe the girl should bring up title 10, then the coach and school might just have to do without a football team.
I believe this is a private school.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:58 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
If they are heterosexual, and it's impossible to change their thoughts, because it's impossible for gay boys or lesbian girls to change their thoughts, because all of this is "determined" at conception, then how can a leftist feminist advocate reprogramming of the boys' minds for "personal responsibility" and "correct thinking"? It's impossible based upon their own rhetoric of determinism.

Either one believes in determinism or they don't.

And even if one believes in determinism they either accept neuroscience says it is possible for drug addicts--or these heterosexual boys, and gay boys--through exercise to change the paths their thoughts travel down, or they don't. You can't say it's possible for straight boys but impossible for gay boys.

This is what I don't like about liberals and conservatives and one reason I'm politically agnostic. You all use "science" just for your own sociopolitical agenda and quickly contradict it when it suits your agenda.

I'm against girls playing football with boys for a number of reasons.

Anatomically, until the boys go through puberty, the boys are not much physically different than the girls in terms of sexual dimorphism, and actually, the girls might have an advantage because they on average go through physical puberty before boys and shoot up in height. However, if one wants to draw a coherent belief system about "boys should never hit girls," especially as pertains to domestic violence, then one needs to consider what they are indoctrinating children with about both sex and gender differences, rather than confusing them with contradictions.

As transsexual boys in grade schools and high schools show, the female gender does not play football, but wears "female clothing," and does "girly things."

Of course due to liberal agenda they have contradictory "science" about what being a "girl" is when it comes to transsexual boys in high heels, wearing dresses, playing with dolls, and giving b___ j___, and girls that wear pants, don't put on makeup, and probably play football with boys.
Who said anything about re-programming their thoughts? IMO who cares what is in their heads as long as they aren't acting on it? I guarantee their thoughts at that age are "impure" regardless of whether the girl is sitting next to them in class or playing football alongside them. The fact that anyone should be forced off a team simply because someone else might THINK impure thoughts is ridiculous.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
It is Title IX (Title 9) and it only applies to public schools. This is a private school. Aside from which, Title IX means females must have as much access to sports, not a particular sport. For instance, my middle school had girls' volleyball but not boys'. One of the coaches also wanted to start a boys' team but was told no because then we would have unequal access in violation of Title IX. As was explained to her, the all female volleyball was started to offset the all male football. We had to have an equal number of male and female sports.

I have wondered what would happen if we allowed girls to be on the football team. My assumption based on the law is that the school would drop the volleyball, budgets being as they are these days. How would that better serve the female population of the school?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Yea that's it. Punish everyone else because you can't have what you want. That will teach 'em!
What happened to the girl in this incident? She was punished because they wanted her.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
She can get the hell off a BOYS team. Get over yourself LADY! You are NOT ENTITLED to do EVERYTHING boys do on a BOYS sports team. Create your own, or you can do something useful & get your tail back in the kitchen & make me my sammich!
The team is not labelled the boys team or obviously she would not have been able to play there at all.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I was really disappointed by this story.

12-Year-Old Girl Kicked Off Football Team Because Boys Had

Apparently instead of having the boys take responsibility and learn how to behave, they took the easy route and "removed" the problem.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
They did the right thing. She was causing the brothers to stumble.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we aren't talking about YOU are we. We are talking about the girls in general. See that is the problem with liberals. Something upsets THEM and THEY think the whole world has to bow down to their wishes. Unreal.
No, You went off topic and started talking about girls in general. This thread is about one girl who had the ability to compete with the boys around her who was kicked off the team for something that had absolutely nothing to do with ability

This has nothing to do with liberalism, it has to do with you being mad that you cant make your point within the spectrum of what is actually being discussed in the OP and link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies