Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Quit getting butthurt about the sexual orientations of others. It doesn't affect you.
^^This^^

Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Quit getting butthurt about the sexual orientations of others. It doesn't affect you.
But don't you see? If he (and others like him) didn't have something to fight against, to have an epic struggle against, his entire religion and even his entire reason for continuing to exist would be rendered pointless and moot. That's the entire point and the mechanism by which many religions gain and/or retain members. Always an eternal struggle against the nebulous outside forces of evil.

Being in the closet may or may not also play a role. People who are secure in their gender and sexuality don't have such issues.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
But don't you see? If he (and others like him) didn't have something to fight against, to have an epic struggle against, his entire religion and even his entire reason for continuing to exist would be rendered pointless and moot. That's the entire point and the mechanism by which many religions gain and/or retain members. Always an eternal struggle against the nebulous outside forces of evil.

Being in the closet may or may not also play a role. People who are secure in their gender and sexuality don't have such issues.
The first is definitely true. No group seems to have a victim complex quite like the evangelical Christians.

The latter could also be true. It's okay Edward, we won't think less of you if you're gay.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 PM

528 posts, read 823,460 times
Religion is the KKK of the 21st century, it's where all the bigots, racist and homophobes hang out and justify their beliefs by using the bible to deny other groups the same rights and privileges that they themselves enjoy.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
I gave up this religious nonsense as a child when the questions I had could not be answered with logic but always fell back to "Because the bibles says so and if you don't believe it, you will be damned."

Even as a young kid, I had no problem realizing that circular arguments made about the same sense as issuing empty threats in order to force an illogical point.

Oddly enough, growing out without this nonsense failed to make me a murderer, a crook, or - apparently the worst of all - a homosexual. Let alone one who wants equal rights.

Sorry guys, but in a world increasingly driven by fact, information, and logic, little threading myths no longer really work. Religion is experiencing a steady declined in the Western world and maybe, just maybe, sometime in the future, we can all just get along and realize that we're all just human.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:45 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They have chucked God out of their life and expect the rest of us to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
No.

They expect you to shut your trap and keep your religion to yourself. Believe whatever the heck you want, but don't preach about it and don't attempt to force your convictions onto other people.

It must be hard to be anti-gay at this stage. The (ever-growing) majority of Americans disagree with you, the SCOTUS just dealt you a blow, and it's obvious to anyone with half a functioning brain cell that your side is slowly but ever so surely losing the battle. Stinks to be on the wrong side of history.

BTW, I'm straight, I'm Catholic, and I believe in SSM.
Quote:
You're no Catholic.
Wrong, again. I am Catholic. And who are you to decide and judge? You're no one, that's who. The only "person" who can judge me in terms of my "Catholicism" is God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyBottoms View Post
Who are you to decide? Your arrogance is mind-blowing. Millions of people have died throughout history because of asinine views like this, I'm glad you and your ilk are growing ever closer to becoming just that: a part of shameful history.
This.

Rep point for you!

Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times
My wife insists god gave her a mustache ride at 3am this morning.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post

Correct. This role used to be filled by Satan, who was clearly more important than Jesus. I don't know when Satan was demoted and the godless sodomites took center stage, but it happened at some point.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
They have chucked God out of their life and expect the rest of us to do so.

A Survey of LGBT Americans - Page 7 | Pew Social & Demographic Trends - Page 7
Maybe because anti-gay prejudice is about 99% religiously based?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,847 times
Quote:
Um the other half aren't Christian. The other half goes to Church less than heterosexuals and are more likely to say religion is not important to them. So I appear to be correct in concluding homosexuals are without God.
There is no god.

Quit believing in fairy tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies