Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times

Advertisements

I am gay and live directly on the minnesota/north dakota border. a river separates the two states and i live five minutes away on the other side of the river in north dakota. So basically I can just keep my job and move five minutes away and be legally married. so i don't really even have to move to a new area. but when i drive back across the river to visit my parents and friends... i'm still married at the federal level but not the state level while visiting? is that how it works?

just glad I finally have a chance to live a full live that includes not JUST CAREER but LEGITIMATE Marriage and family... Yeah.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Its so cold up there! How do you manage it man?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I am gay and live directly on the minnesota/north dakota border. a river separates the two states and i live five minutes away on the other side of the river in north dakota. So basically I can just keep my job and move five minutes away and be legally married. so i don't really even have to move to a new area. but when i drive back across the river to visit my parents and friends... i'm still married at the federal level but not the state level while visiting? is that how it works?

just glad I finally have a chance to live a full live that includes not JUST CAREER but LEGITIMATE Marriage and family... Yeah.
What makes you think your marriage is legitimate?

What makes people think gay means same sex fornication and attraction?

Marriage is between a man and a women. It has always been that way.
Gay has always meant Happy.

Perversion isn't the acceptable attitude. Truth is!

I'm Gay and have been married to my opposite sex wife for decades. The legacy left to the children i have fathered can never be adulterated
by changing perverse definitions away from truth.

The life of state boundary justification is another layer of sad confusion, in a world of homosexual distractions.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:

Yes, that is correct.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Its so cold up there! How do you manage it man?
You get used to it. i've been through winter every year of my life, now you just know what to expect and how to deal.

gets to 60 below for weeks at a time here. harsh.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post

What makes people think gay means same sex fornication and attraction? if means attraction. not all gay people fornicate. now many can wait until marriage!! hah!
Gay has always meant Happy. definitions change

Perversion isn't the acceptable attitude. Truth is! erere is no perversion here. since i've been gay my whole life so i never 'perverted' from anything.
I'm Gay and have been married to my opposite sex wife for decades. The legacy left to the children i have fathered can never be adulterated

The life of state boundary justification is another layer of sad confusion, in a world of homosexual distractions.
thanks to bigotry. blaming the victim is wrong.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
You are married regardless where in the world you are. The question is what do you want to do in a state that does not have SS marriage?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
Quote:

Ha ha ha. You are really going to have some angry times ahead of you in the decades ahead (depending on how old you are I guess).

The tide has turned, it ain't turning in your favor, and ain't going back in your favor. Welcome to a more tolerant society. You can either come inside and join us, or wait outside. I don't care which one you choose either way, to be honest.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
thanks to bigotry. blaming the victim is wrong.
I'm not blaming myself.

The victimization of normality is nothing to be blamed for. It is to be held up.

OHHH! you mean the perverse is the victim... got it!

Not in agreement. Bad is always bad, it's never good, or it would be called such.

People can redefine for their own illusions, but words actually have a history of meaning.

As a father of many children and a husband to my wife, i couldn't be any gayer about it.
I'm having a gay time raising my family to know truth, and the deceptive ways of the "It's all good delusion".

Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:

Talk about nonsense. Marriage is a loosely defined term and the tradition goes back thousands of years. It was only defined as between a "man and women" in very few glimpses of societies. Christianity does not accept that definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies