Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 04:33 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,219 times

Advertisements

Urban youth lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Why bother interacting with Obamabots?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So would you support gov't spending in those areas to give kids who have no summer job prospects something to do other than brawl in the mall?
Bribe them to behave human?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This is called wilding... common in the summer, but more common in Chicago.
And Phill, and Baltimore, and DC, etc, etc.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmendment1st View Post

Mob of Over 200 Teenagers Rampage Through Lauderhill Mall in Florida - YouTube

It's been a pretty quiet year so far in terms of black youth...excuse me..."Urban Youth" mobs destroying large swaths of city infrastructure.

Or perhaps the media isn't reporting on all of them. lol
I'm not aware of the "media" reporting any of them.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Bribe them to behave human?
Oh, they're all too human already.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I'm not aware of the "media" reporting any of them.
Oh, but they'll spend days crucifying Paula Dean.

This....no biggie.

It doesn't fit their agenda.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
great job urban parents- great job

Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think there are answers to this. While I have no idea as to the root cause, the first needs to be, unfortunately, a strong message this will not be tolerated. This would include, if necessary, curfews and increased police presence. However, this does not solve the problem, it simply creates a temporary stop gap. Thus, I would want to look at programs and locations where they have been successful with offering alternatives to kids that would otherwise be up to no good, so to speak. This can range anything from increased recreational facilities to additional programs during the downtime in summer. Would be great if we could see some of our pro-athletes volunteering time to attract attendance at these facilities as well. What kid wouldn't want to meet and maybe play basketball with an NBA player? I think that's something which citizens could ask of our pro-players and likely get a great response.

I look at it this way as a fiscal conservative. Which is cheaper? Offering additional facilities and programs or paying for increased police presence and incarceration. I think it would be far, far less expensive to offer programs and I would fully support such initiatives with my tax dollars. But I have to say - they MUST be ran well. Too often these non-profit type things are ran like utter crap. Tall order, I know, but why not? Why not make sure we give our best?
I know that you might be looking for solutions to this problem as well. It will take enforcing the laws. However the problem goes deeper than that. The parents need to be involved. I would also say that alot of teenagers need to be working during the summer, in addition to recreation.

With the fiscal side of this, I would hope to strike a delicate balance between having enough money to fund a police presence and having programs.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
What you have here is 3 groups of people. Racists, knee jerk defenders of all that is non white, and normal people.

Ironically, group #1 incites group #2 and makes them more vocal, and of course vice versa, and both groups **** the members of group #3 off damn near enough to push them towards one of the former.
And the loudest are ofter the first group. What gets me is this. All I hear if "Black people do this", "Black people do that", but I never hear any solutions being offered by said persons. All I hear are people complaining about Black people. It is basically that is all many people come here to do, which is basically complain about Black people. Perhaps this is why there is so many knee-jerk reactions. It is the same thing over and over. I look at it like this. If all a person is going to do is complain about a certain ethnicity, then what is the point of even saying it? What is the point if one is not going to offer any solutions to the problem? It is basically all some people want to do is complain, and vent their own hatred and anger of Black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies