Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The left is just disappointed that not every peon who passed through their public liberal indoctrination centers from K-12 left as a brainwashed sheeple trained to do the bidding of their Democratic masters.

It astonishes them that you have the capability to reason, think critically and independently, and hold opinions that differ from the intended imprint of the attempted brainwashing to which you were subjected.
This is funny. All gay hating comes from religion, the ultimate brainwasher. There is no such thing as a gay hater that didn't learn it because of religion.

Here's how you can tell someone who thinks for themselves: they have a set of opinions that, as a whole, cross party lines, religious angles, and any other simple box that most people like yourself exist in. Truly religious people (I say truly because most are faking it, and as such the following may not apply to them) are the ultimate example of brainwashing because they get all their opinions straight from an ancient text. They never cross the "party" line, they don't know how or are afraid to do so. They have been pressured to get in line on this from a very early age. How sad.

That's all fine, though. Just funny to then call others brainwashed for simply viewing others as their equal, for no other reason than that's not what your old book said. Some religion you've got there.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
We have moved down. And we will move even lower as this Age of Insanity continues.
Opinion.

Quote:
Race and homosexuals are two different things. Try not to compare the two.
Ehm - you were the one who brought up social mores in 1930s - 50s, and now, suddenly, you don't like them?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
But those who believe in morals and values are not "homophobes" or "bigots."

I am not a deviant, evil abomination, bad parent, man hater, but that doesn't stop people from calling me those names.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:38 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
No, but if you don't, you are known as a "homophobe" and "bigot."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's ok, I'm called evil, a bad parent, an abomination, deviant, deformed, a mutation, etc on a daily basis.

You learn to deal with it and grow a thick skin.
Quote:
But those who believe in morals and values are not "homophobes" or "bigots."
If you mean to say "those who are against gay marriage/adoption", I think they are. Or at least those who claim it's because of God/Christianity. They've chosen to oppose gay rights that aren't even explicitly forbidden in the bible (homosexuality is, but not gay marriage or adoption), but have failed to oppose many things that are explicitly forbidden in the bible with the same fervency. Take remarriage, for example. There has been practically no outcry against remarriage involving people who chose to end their first marriage for reasons other than sexual immorality/unfaithfulness. Even though this is explicitly forbidden by the Christian bible (Jesus himself, no less) and gay marriage is not explicitly forbidden in any part of the bible (especially not by Jesus), modern-day Christians have chosen to go after the gays. There can only be one logical explanation for this: prejudice.

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 06-27-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
yeah it was great when we did not have to deal with a perverted lifestyle being shoved in our face.
It's not great either going to the mens room having another homo hit on you in the next stall or at the urinal.
Freudian slip??

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
freudian slip??
lol!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
As I have said before in these threads, "this is not the end, only the begining". Now that our supreme court has ruled like this the "pro-homosexual" lobby, or whatever they want to call themselves, will only feel empowered and emboldened. As I have said before "a gay pride parade in every town and a rainbow flag flying from every front porch". They will relentlessly attack anyone who dare speaks out against their views. They will insist our children be indoctrinated that they "gayness" is normal and even preferred. If it were JUST about rights for same-sex couples then civil unions would have sufficed. But we know that isn't the case. As one poster here posted a while back, an article by someone who was inside the same-sex marriage movement, saying that their real goal was to destroy traditional marriage. That seems more plausible. A good reason to oppose homo-marriage, because it makes a mockery of traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Something a lot of us still hold sacred. And you don't define the terms "good reason" or "bigoted" or "hate". You don't define the language so don't think you are so high and mighty with your adolescent name calling tactics. I've been called worse by much better people. And don't think you are a majority. You are only a "mouthy minority".

Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
OP says he does not support the gay cause. He did not say he is against it, he just does not want to support it. Bolsheviks of C-D came out in force -- "you either are for us or against us. Friend or enemy, no middle ground!!!"

Second OP said that he does not like being pushed into compliance with ideology. That's exactly how soviet crowds worked their proletariat's dictatorship.

Remember bolsheviks -- who overthrew your ass back to obscurity? It were students like OP.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Opinion.
No, fact. Look up the current drug use, illegitimate children/unwed mothers, crime, etc. then get back to me.

Quote:
Ehm - you were the one who brought up social mores in 1930s - 50s, and now, suddenly, you don't like them?
And you tried to compare homosexuals with race.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am not a deviant, evil abomination, bad parent, man hater, but that doesn't stop people from calling me those names.
Anyone on the Internet can claim anything.

But you know best who and what you are. I sincerely hope you are none of the above... I know I am not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies