Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post

Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
You just described what the "gay movement" wants.

[i'm sure the pressure is killin' ya but you'll live]

Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ha!! It is hilarious to watch people talk about "sheep" and bowing to peer pressure, while quoting and regurgitating crap they heard in church. At least my sect of Judaism nurtures free thinking, and even encourages questioning the Bible... if I had been raised in one of those "do as I say or else!" hellfire & brimstone sort of religions, I hope I'd at least have the conviction to question and rebel over time.
Judaism encourages questioning the Bible? OK...Is Joseph and mary in the torah?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Everyone is not Christian. Why is it so difficult for some of you to comprehend that there are plenty of people (both straight and gay) who do not base their marriage on the bible? I'm straight, and I could not possibly care less what's in the bible because I am not a Christian. Religion only plays a role in marriage if the couple chooses for that to be the case. Marriage is a legal contract, not a religious institution. A couple who gets married by a judge is no less married than a couple who gets married in a church by a pastor or priest. You folks love to bring religion into it, but that's your personal issue. Stop trying to make it everyone else's issue. It's astounding to me how so many of you claim to be sick of hearing about gay people wanting equal rights, but you have no problem with wanting everyone to share your narrow view of marriage based on your personal religious affiliation. The hypocrisy is actually laughable.
I have a simple answer for that... someone else mentioned the Bible and I replied to it. Understand?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't care, and neither do the laws of this country.

Gotta love those pick and choose "christians"
I care about the future of the society of this country. And it's not looking good.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I care about the future of the society of this country.
Being for discrimination against a group of people for no identifiable, verifiable reason is not caring about the future of this country.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,022 times
Quote:
I care about the future of the society of this country. And it's not looking good.
So its not looking good to you when a group of otherwise law abiding citizens seeks to be treated equally under the law and the supreme court agrees that they should. Perhaps you should start a political movement based on your desire for homosexuals to be designated second class citizens. And then list which rights and privileges they are denied due to their second class status.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.

OMG are you kidding me. So you are overwhelmed by people handing out fliers and it gets to be too much. How are they any different from others handing out fliers. If you are overwhelmed by this then how in the world are you not overwhelmed by your classes.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
Changing the subject, I see? It doesn't make homosexuality accepted or any less forbidden.

Back to what I posted, I will repeat: homosexuality is forbidden in the Bible, so if anyone thinks that homosexual "marriage" would be okay is wrong.
Many religious scholars would disagree with your assertions.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
People who believe, simply have faith. Why is this so hard to understand?
As a catholic, I have learned to believe in myself and that is what my faith has taught me.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Being for discrimination against a group of people for no identifiable, verifiable reason is not caring about the future of this country.
It's not "discrimination."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.