Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
You thought THAT was a strong reaction?...Jeez, you sure are sensitive...smh...lighten up and put down the double barrel...this isnt life and death, this is just a friendly discussion on cd...

lol...but uh oh, watchout everyone...he's whipped out the psychobabbler's guide to the galaxy on me...you know me, Im repressed, gay, straight (according to weltschmerz), developmentally stunted, and infantile...and yet you're on here bickering back and forth with me over nothing...Im sure somewhere in that psychobabbler's pocket-guide of your's they have a label for people like yourself who continue to engage those you believe to be developmentally stunted...I highly doubt they'd even use the word intelligent in its classification at all.
I am sorry, were you applying labels to me? I have you know that I haven't chosen any of them, yet, and thus, none of them apply. Please accept that not everyone is as conforming as you.

Alas, I am guessing that "infantile" is a pretty accurate label for you - it also encompasses that you haven't figured out your sexual attractions (or lack thereof), yet.

The "Psychobabbler's Pocket Guide" is the DSM-V. The other term you are looking for is "Psychologist/Psychiatrist" but neither show up as a classified mental disorder.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:40 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I am sorry, were you applying labels to me? I have you know that I haven't chosen any of them, yet, and thus, none of them apply. Please accept that not everyone is as conforming as you.
good question Fuselage...no, I havent applied any labels to you... go back and read my post word for word if you're capable of it. Not once did I label you anything...of course, I couldnt possibly expect you to comprehend that...lol

Quote:
Alas, I am guessing that "infantile" is a pretty accurate label for you - it also encompasses that you haven't figured out your sexual attractions (or lack thereof), yet.
Yeah, sounds like you have to do a lot of guesswork in life...Probably have to guess whether that hamster up there in that skull of yours is even still alive...he's probably said "f--- it, this is too much work" and died years ago... alas, keep guessing though.

Quote:
The "Psychobabbler's Pocket Guide" is the DSM-V. The other term you are looking for is "Psychologist/Psychiatrist" but neither show up as a classified mental disorder.
Nah, psychobabbler was just right...particularly in your case bud...lol

Old 06-29-2013, 05:02 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
And if I can just interject here before the thread closes for a moment:

See, I think this is exactly what the OP is talking about by feeling pressured.. We've already
established that Im 'SOOOO' incredibly ignorant of all of the knowledge on human sexuality. Heck,
I think its safe to say that Im probably too ignorant and retarded to even grasp it if you
spoonfed it to me, right? Well then why are we still conversing? Im ignorant, I believe what
I believe, I know what I know, and thats that right? I dont believe any harm should come to
gays for how they choose to be, and I dont oppose their right to do what they choose to do.

I think most peaceable people would "ax" themselves, what more is there to discuss?...Im (soletaire) a stupid
goose on the issue, move onto the next person who wishes to be "informed" and
"enlightened"...but instead people seem to assume that casting anyone who disagrees with their academic viewpoint as an ignorant unresearched dunce on the issue, would prompt them to go on some never ending quest for knowledge in which they draw from some doctor approved "well of wisdom"...

Some people are ok if you think they're ignorant, or whatever other meaningless word you want to call them. They're just words...Im not offended in the least, and nor do I think any less of my perspective on the issue than I did before I was told how ignorant I am believed to be.

Now what many people attempt to do is frame this pressure the OP says he feels in the innocuous pretext of something along the lines of: "Well, I just wanted to see if there was any factual basis/scientific research backed source for your ignorant belief that people arent born gay or straight -- because EEEEVVERRYYYBODYYY ELSE -- including all the cool kids -- accepts the professional opinion of researchers and neurobiologists that everyone is born gay or straight....dont you want to be 'educated'?"

Well, I stated my opinion, and others disagree with it. And thats alright with me.... Everyone else, including some of the researchers and doctors who would disagree with me, are human just like me, they bleed blood just like I do. They arent any better than I am, and Im no better than them; I just dont accept their opinion as valid based on what Ive read. The end.

I dont wish any harm to come to gays, and I hope they are happy with their decisions. Its just lil ol ignorant me. My opinion shouldnt matter to anyone else as long as we're all content with our lives and our decisions. And if we're all truly working toward the same objective of each American being able to live their lives in peace, how is it that we've expended 3 or 4 pages over whether my 1 opinion needs to be validated by someone other than myself? There is no way that the perspective of someone who wants both gay and straight people to be equally happy with their lives should cause all of this turmoil and bickering

Old 06-29-2013, 05:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Im about to type a whole lot, which will not address your question because you havent posed a true question. Just letting you know that so you will have the option to stop reading now. The last thing I'd want is for you to get all the way to the bottom and start whining about how "Whew, that guy typed all that and STILL didnt give me the answer I was looking for."...lol

But if no one can be born gay straight or bisexual, then that means we all adopt labels in order to conform to an identity that society tries to pigeon hold us into, much like you're doing now. And I simply havent chosen a label. But there is no REAL issue to address; no matter which context you put it in really. You're tasking me to explain WHY Ive picked one of the labels you've given me to choose from, when I havent even picked a label in the first place. Call it being uncomfortable, confused or whatever, but most people dont like others labeling and defining them without some sort of basis for doing so...which is why your feathers are so ruffled about the fact that Im saying people arent born straight or gay...Its not because I dont wish gay people well, or because dont wish them happiness in their lives. Its because many feel as though the word of gay people and neurobiologists regarding sexual orientation etc should be law, and I shouldnt be doubting these lords of sexuality.

But in all candor you can consider me whatever you want -- Im not one of those people who gets hung up over gossip and speculation about my sexuality or that of others. As long as people are happy with their choices, who am I to care whether they consider themselves straight, gay or otherwise? So it truly doesnt matter to me, as im going to keep making the same choices and Im going to keep having the same robust love life regardless. But I just asked why you assumed Im straight, since people arent born gay or straight and I never told you what kind of relationship history Ive had.

As a last resort during these dialogues, people typically call people like this who dont verbally adopt one of the labels theyve been allowed to choose from 'confused' or something to that affect, in an effort to force them to pick a side so to speak. But all I know is that Ive always been content with my choices in which gender I date. Which is all that matters to me.
What a whole lot of babble and you STILL haven't answered the question. At what age did you choose your sexual orientation? 6? 16?

Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Unless you're some narrowminded hayseed hypocrite who hasnt ever met anyone
with more than 3 teeth outside of that trailor park you bum around in, you'd
know that not everyone defines themselves by the same labels you do.
Judging by your post, there's a real chance you may be the type of backwater
farmer joe hillbilly who calls everybody you see in your 1 horse town with brown
skin and straight hair a "Mecksin"...usually those types do this because they're
just too lazy to realize that there ARE people who not only choose to remain
unlabeled, but who DONT fit into whatever Census Bureau approved box you want
them to conform to.
ROTFLMAO! I'm so glad YOU don't put a label on people.
This is priceless!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What a whole lot of babble and you STILL haven't answered the question. At what age did you choose your sexual orientation? 6? 16?
Perhaps he didn't answer it because "sexual orientation" is nothing more than a trumped-up political tool....a mere figment of your imagination. There is no such thing apart from gender, any more than there is an innate MLB division orientation.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
If your perspective is limited in narcisistic ways, it may be difficult to understand how anybody could care about anybody but themselves.

But it could be that he cares about children - wanting them to not be discriminated against and LEGALLY denied a mother or father. It could be that he understand the need of both a mother and father and maybe he hasn't fallen for the herd mentality and peer pressure that the homosexual fetish groups is pushing.

Good for him and others like him!
The OP is right and I respect and admire him and others for standing up for not just himself but also for the good of future society - CHILDREN.
Not only do children need both a mother and father to EXIST, children also need both parents to learn by example and how to get along with the opposite sex...

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
http://www.narth.com/docs/needboth.html

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/ ... -a-father/
I browsed through your links, and here's what I found:

Dr. Nicholas Cummings makes his living by posing a view contrary to that of the American Psychological Association concerning gays. It's his bread and butter, and he is supported by religious organizations, and widely quoted by them.

Glen Stanton is a member of Focus on the Family, a religious organization, which, of course, is anti-gay.

Concerning the third link, I found the following blurb:
Examined links between parenting and preschoolers' peer competence. Found that parent-child play was associated with boys', but not girls', peer competence. Mothers' coaching was associated with girls', but not boys', competence. Mothers' or fathers' involvement in child-peer play predicted lower or higher child competence, respectively. Mothers' social coaching and father-child play additively and incrementally predicted social competence.
Several things can be said about this. First, it's one study which attempts to indicate that mothers and fathers promote different types of social competence on children. I'm not entirely sure how this relates to real life. My mother, whose father was deceased when she was a baby, was raised by a house of women and did quite well. There are many divorced and widowed heterosexual males that raise daughters and sons. Needless to say, in this country many heterosexual males have little contact with regard to their children after they abandon the wife/girlfriend, so a huge proportion of children are being raised by single and divorced women. I'm not sure how why you posted this in your support of anti-gay thought, but there it is. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate why you deem this article to somehow show that the big problem children have is gays.

The fourth link is by Bill Muehlenberg, who is a Creationist, and therefore a right wing Christian extremist.

I await a normal link to prove your misguided anti-gay point, as well as an explanation of why you believe the third link is adequate to somehow "prove" your misguided anti-gay, religious point of view.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
it's because you grew up in a generation of mass propaganda.
and people who grow up under a mass propaganda system are usually influenced by it.
the fact that you weren't effected by the propaganda system means they have to try to pressure you in other ways.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bid is right. What the court did was basically nationalize gay marriage. States that have an amendment against it arent safe anymore, all it takes is a liberal governor to over turn what they may have in place now.

Its over. The media onslaught of gay propaganda has won it out. If anyone speaks out that they dont have glowing views of homosexuality, let alone gay marriage, is destroyed if you have noticed. The younger generation has been brought up to believe nearly anything and everything is A ok and you shouldn't dare not accept it.

Good for you though for not succumbing, but sadly most other in your generation are lost sheep. Now the only question left.....whats next? It wont be tomorrow or next year, but eventually there will be a push to normalize something else. I dont think I even want to know. I'm still shocked really that the disgusting, abnormal acts of homosexuality has now become viewed as normal and great. My has this society fallen.
when they start arresting people who don't buy in to this new "utopia"

Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a tragedy. Honestly I don't think I can possibly have more contempt for a man than I do for Justice Kennedy. Good triumphs over evil and this sick agenda will be stamped out in due time.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies