Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 05:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What about lesbians? They are not engaging in anal sex, so does that mean OP supports their right to marry?
Excellent question lol

Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is not one sex act that homosexuals do that heterosexuals DON'T do.
WTF? - how can a man be penetrated by his GF, with her natural organ?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Cause your children are gonna come out funny, then we'll have to spend extra money for special ed.
what if I don't have kids - can I marry my bro or sis then?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
WTF? - how can a man be penetrated by his GF, with her natural organ?
There are many body parts that can be inserted into other peoples orifices.
And a male CAN penetrate his girlfriend with his natural organ. In fact there are numerically MORE heterosexuals that engage in anal sex than there are homosexuals in existence.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Not legally, but you can get a case started, and if the state can not prove how denying you the right to marry your sister furthers a compelling state interest, then yeah, you can.

However the state HAS proven a compelling state interest in denying marriage between close blood relations.

Gay Marriage, Liberalism, and Recognition: The Case for Equal Treatment | Jacob Held - Academia.edu

Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Besides being a dysfunctional example of practicing fetishes statistically & medically known to be harmful, for children to imitate...

Children not only need a mother and father to EXIST, but also to thrive...

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
http://www.narth.com/docs/needboth.html

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/ ... -a-father/
In my professional opinion, this is some of the WORST "research" I have witnessed - quoting NARTH (a known anti-gay hate group), a Christian fundamentalist who doesn't believe in evolution, etc, as "evidence" of anything related to homosexuality? Wow, you really need to take a basic course in research skills... and learn the difference between a reputable and biased source. With that being said, I simply cannot take any of your opinions on this topic seriously.

Here's a challenge: Find us a source from a non-Christian and known reputable source, which compares both homosexual and heterosexual DUAL-parent households. Not one comparing single parenting to dual parenting, because statistically speaking that's more of an argument against straight people having kids (considering "oops" babies don't happen with gay people, and the ones who do choose to parent usually have a partner). Can you meet my challenge? And keep in mind, I am literally trained/educated to analyze sources and research.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The homosexual fetish people are also selfish.

They put their own wants and desires over the well being of children whom they forcefully deprive of a natural home environment with a mother and a father.

It's all about them - and the consequences to kids be damned.
What does this (and the OP's ramblings about children/parenting) have to do with gay marriage? Did they also pass a bill deeming that you get a free child - taken from a heterosexual-parented family - with the purchase of a gay marriage license? I must have missed that ruling!

Besides, you do realize they can still choose to parent without a marriage license; don't you? And for those who already have or plan to have children, allowing them a legal union actually PROTECTS the children (in the event of breakup or one parent's death). So really, it's the anti-SSM people like you who are advocating harm to these children.

What if a gay couple has a child, and the biological parent dies - would you rather they be placed in foster care, rather than legally being allowed to stay with their other parent? Why or why not? Another scenario, what if the child is hurt and only the non-bio parent is available to give consent for medical intervention? If these parents were legally married, it wouldn't even be an issue.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
If we allowed Biblical laws to govern our nation, then incest would not only be allowed but encouraged. Even in my religion (Judaism), the most coveted match is/was between cousins - in fact, my own great-Uncle was married to a second cousin. That way you're assured their blood is purely Jewish, but cousins aren't close enough relatives to cause birth defects.

Not really my thing, but if you want to be with your sibling, I personally don't care. What you do in your personal life is none of my business, so go ahead and advocate for legalizing familial marriage if that's your preference! Probably not gonna happen, though, due to the biological and health concerns if you did end up conceiving a child. Maybe you could propose legalizing it when one is sterilized?

Just throwing out some ideas, since you seem to have a serious interest in marrying a sibling... but it's really off topic for this thread, since gay marriage is generally aimed at the non-related consenting adults.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
What about lesbians? They are not engaging in anal sex, so does that mean OP supports their right to marry?
They always ignore the poor lesbians, don't they? The OP did claim they can get STDs too, which is technically true... but all statistics show they rank even LOWER than heterosexual men, heterosexual women, and gay men, in their overall percentages of STD rates. And those stats are from real sources like the CDC and NIH, not some bogus Christian blogs.

So if we're really going to base marriage rights on who is the least "disease laden," logic states that only lesbians or celibates should be allowed to marry. Right?

Old 06-30-2013, 09:01 PM

14 posts, read 8,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
In my professional opinion, this is some of the WORST "research" I have witnessed - quoting NARTH (a known anti-gay hate group), a Christian fundamentalist who doesn't believe in evolution, etc, as "evidence" of anything related to homosexuality? Wow, you really need to take a basic course in research skills... and learn the difference between a reputable and biased source. With that being said, I simply cannot take any of your opinions on this topic seriously.

Here's a challenge: Find us a source from a non-Christian and known reputable source, which compares both homosexual and heterosexual DUAL-parent households. Not one comparing single parenting to dual parenting, because statistically speaking that's more of an argument against straight people having kids (considering "oops" babies don't happen with gay people, and the ones who do choose to parent usually have a partner). Can you meet my challenge? And keep in mind, I am literally trained/educated to analyze sources and research.
A reputable source with any reliance cannot be said from specifically - a non Jewish perspective, any more then trying to oblige honour in reputation from a non Christian source. Therefore above has no foundation to make the worthless request.

Last edited by feildway; 06-30-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies