Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:08 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why are you supporting marriage for homosexuals?
News: jjrose is a homosexual. Why wouldn't she?

ME: because I don't believe that people should be treated as second class citizens based on their sexual preference/identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Yeah this "if youre not like me then why should i support your freedom" type of xenophobia is rampant on the right.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why are you supporting marriage for homosexuals? Not just because you are homosexual, right?
Not only because I am a homosexual, but based also on the constitution. You can not discriminate in our laws based on gender. All citizens are supposed to have equal protection under the law. A state a federally recognized marriage license provides over 1000 benefits and protection for the couple. By denying me the same right a man has, to marry a woman, I am being denied equal protection under the law.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not only because I am a homosexual, but based also on the constitution. You can not discriminate in our laws based on gender. All citizens are supposed to have equal protection under the law. A state a federally recognized marriage license provides over 1000 benefits and protection for the couple. By denying me the same right a man has, to marry a woman, I am being denied equal protection under the law.
Makes me wonder why this plain speech is so indecypherable by SCOTUS, yet corporations = people and money = speech is so easily interpreted.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Again, you need to grow up and start paying attention to your own personal and family business, instead of the business of others, which are not your business. Gee, I hope that was clear enough for ya.
the fact that gay terrorists want to destroy Judaism (along with the religions based upon it) is my business.

this comment is not Saritaschihuahua (as he would never understand anyways)
the gay movement is the biggest threat this country ever faced. they are trying and succeeding in destroying the first amendment plus the moral fabric of this country.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the fact that gay terrorists want to destroy Judaism (along with the religions based upon it) is my business.
how are they doing that?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
To wittle it down, why should I support gay marriage when most gays tend to be anti 2nd amendment? Do we support all Constitutional rights or just those we agree with?

As a side note, I encourage you liberals to check my posting history recently. I have been nothing but supportive of gay marriage.

The fact still remains, when the inevitable happens and I go to the ballot box in Oregon to vote on gay marriage one day, I can't help but to see hypocrisy in this group so ardent for their own constitutional rights while infringing on mine.
What does a gay person fighting for the right to marry have to do with views on gun ownership???

Should I stop supporting women's rights because many women want stricter gun rights? Or maybe I'll fight to stop farm subsidies because people who live in rural areas don't support the public transit I take to work every day.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
News: jjrose is a homosexual. Why wouldn't she?

ME: because I don't believe that people should be treated as second class citizens based on their sexual preference/identity.
It's not even a preference. It's just who they are.

That's just like saying I prefer to be a white person, or I prefer to be 5'11" tall.

That's what I don't get about the anti-gay thing. They can't even do anything about it. It's just plain mean to try to keep rights from them when the rights do NOTHING against the masses.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
It's not even a preference. It's just who they are.
yes

Quote:
That's just like saying I prefer to be a white person, or I prefer to be 5'11" tall.
For Bisexuals, it is a preference. They are attracted to both sexes, but prefer to be with one of the genders.

That's why I posted sexual preference/identity.

Quote:
That's what I don't get about the anti-gay thing. They can't even do anything about it. It's just plain mean to try to keep rights from them when the rights do NOTHING against the masses.
no more than a person can change the color of their skin (well, save for Michael Jackson)

Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Gay culture if very self absorbed. Few of them care about anything but their perceived needs and wants. If suddenly a straight woman's or man's human rights were being infringed upon - if they were being persecuted for being straight...would gays join in the straight lobby to protest the abuse of "breeders"...? Or would they turn a blind eye to it or perhaps join in on the abuse?

I seriously doubt they would...in the alternative GAYS AGAINST PALESTINIAN APARTIETH - are blocked from marching in the Pride Parade. Gays are not big on social justice other than their own...so - the way I look at it is - I take care of you- you take care of me...If you can't figure that out then I abandon YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies