Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of the Broad Brush. The whole idea of "if you believe this, then you must believe that".

It's a fact that most (certainly not all) Gay/Lesbian Americans closely align with the Leftists because many are 'one issue' voters and the Left has convinced them that only they can gain Equality for these Americans. That would mean that they put that one issue in front of anything else they might believe ..... hard to blame them for that. It's their life and they ARE discriminated against.

Gay/Lesbian Americans believe in the 2nd Amendment (in the entire Constitution in fact), they believe in lower Taxes and less Big Brother Government - but the fact that they are denied basic Rights that most of us enjoy tends to rule their lives. I don't blame them. Try living in a State that can deny you a job, deny you housing, deny you Government benefits that your neighbor has ....... just because of what happens in your private bedroom.

I understand that some folks thing they are under some sort of attack because of these Gay/Lesbian citizens - the same was true of Mixed Marriage in Virginia vs Loving and even during the Civil Rights (Separate but Equal) era. I've yet to see any State in the USA that does not have a Civil Law to codify marriage. You may be married in a Justice of the Peace or Judge, by a Sea Captain, any Minister of your choice - in a Church or out of a Church .... none of it matters. You still need a Civil License to make it Legal. Religion has no place in either Law or Government - everyone who is "Married" in the USA today has a Civil License. This is an argument about a "word", when it's essential the argument should be about Equal Rights for ALL American Citizens.

I do worry that Far Leftist Activism will erode the slow (way too slow) progress of the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
I know many gay gun owners too, and even the ones who don't personally own guns aren't all "anti-2nd amendment." Where did you get this assumption, and do you have any evidence to support your belief? I don't have any stats, but personal observations tell me these aren't interconnected issues.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am a lesbian gun owner.
About | Pink Pistols National

Welcome to the pro gay rights group.
I am a gay man and I support the Second Amendment.

I think the OP is misinformed and has a biased and stereotyped view of LGBT people.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Huh? I am not gay but I support gay marriage and the right to bear arms. Since when are these two issues mutually exclusive? How does that even make sense when even the OP apparently supports both?

Somehow, homosexuals lack the ability to understand constitutional rights when it comes to the second amendment? How so?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
First off, you're mixing two issues. The gay marriage issue is about equality, while the 2nd Amendment isn't. Liberals aren't going to the ballot box voting that everyone should be able to own guns except for white conservative males. They believe that everyone should be under the same limitations when it comes to gun ownership.

Secondly, you must be watching too much Fox news if you think liberals want to take all of your guns away. Most "liberals" don't believe in repealing the 2nd amendment, they just believe there should be reasonable limits on what types of guns and how many a civilian can own. The prohibition against screaming "fire" in a crowded theater isn't a violation of the 1st amendment.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
All my gay buddies own guns, but of course I live in Oklahoma. But why would you think being gay would make you anti 2nd amendment? Do you also realize that gay guys drive pickup truck too?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
To wittle it down, why should I support gay marriage when most gays tend to be anti 2nd amendment? Do we support all Constitutional rights or just those we agree with?

Because they're separate issues.

[simple]

Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
To wittle it down, why should I support gay marriage when most gays tend to be anti 2nd amendment? Do we support all Constitutional rights or just those we agree with?

As a side note, I encourage you liberals to check my posting history recently. I have been nothing but supportive of gay marriage.

The fact still remains, when the inevitable happens and I go to the ballot box in Oregon to vote on gay marriage one day, I can't help but to see hypocrisy in this group so ardent for their own constitutional rights while infringing on mine.
Well, this gay guy and his partner both have guns, we keep them locked up as they should be in a gun cabinet. I own a rifle and he owns a shotgun and he is a fair shot and I hit what I aim at. But I also live in a mostly rural county where most everyone owns one gun and drives a truck.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
The biggest gun nut I know is a flaming- and I mean super flaming - homosexual.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Your brushhead is a bit too thick. Not all gays are anti-gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies