Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No such thing as gay rights. You get your rights at birth and not because you belong to a group.
Vote to allow 2 people in love to get married? Why does anyone need my permission to marry?
That is the million dollar question isn't it? The government has no business being involved in the marriage business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Because folks in this nation don't believe in freedom.

We have become a nation of busy bodies, haven't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is a gay business under my urban apartment- The jerks are more than willing to persecute me and take away my right to the enjoyment of the property. I have never had cross words with these people...but they have gone out of their way to harass my land lord in the hope of evicting me. They are in truth - intolerant - petty and arrogant. If these types had power...they would make gay persecutors look like choir boys...I believe they would make me homeless if they could...just because they are irritated by the sound of everyday living - Those who think that if you support gay rights they will support you - have another thing coming...This culture only cares about themselves....as the guy put it..."I don't care about anybody in this world other than my dog and my partner"
Inductive reasoning, flawed logic. It doesn't take a college education to see that but an educated person will have studied it well. You might want to consider the education route to understand more.

By your logic, one should not have conservative friends because they will shoot you in the face when on a hunting excursion. You can't trust them. You also can't marry a democrat because they will cheat on you with an intern. Again, try that education thing.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
That is the million dollar question isn't it? The government has no business being involved in the marriage business.
Agreed. The government should not be telling anyone who can and cannot marry. Marriage shall be interpreted by the persons involved in the relationship. Marriage benefits shall apply to all those who are married (personally, I feel there should be no marriage benefits, but that's another discussion).

Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
they anti semetic gay community tried to ban religious circumcisions in SF.
I'm willing to bet more than a few of the people behind a circumcision ban effort were Jewish themselves.

Unless you can show it was targeting Jewish people, your claim of anti-Semitism is your typical persecution complex bullcrap. I know you wallow in it because it makes you feel more righteous, but you DO realize you don't "own" circumcision, right? That it has been practiced in cultures across the world in various forms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew
the first amendment is there to protect religious people from bigoted laws made by people like you.

you want to destroy the first amendment and should be treated like any other terrorist.

You don't understand the first amendment. You think the first amendment means you can do whatever you want in the name of your religion.

Several hundred years of jurisprudence says otherwise. It's not my problem if you don't seem to understand that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew
you are also a anti-Semite.
I treat you the way I would treat the average Mullah or televangelist. As jokes and caricatures becoming rapidly irrelevant.

Just because you happen to be Jewish, does not follow that I hate all Jewish people.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is a gay business under my urban apartment- The jerks are more than willing to persecute me and take away my right to the enjoyment of the property. I have never had cross words with these people...but they have gone out of their way to harass my land lord in the hope of evicting me. They are in truth - intolerant - petty and arrogant. If these types had power...they would make gay persecutors look like choir boys...I believe they would make me homeless if they could...just because they are irritated by the sound of everyday living - Those who think that if you support gay rights they will support you - have another thing coming...This culture only cares about themselves....as the guy put it..."I don't care about anybody in this world other than my dog and my partner"
These gay neighbors are doing WHAT to you? I didn't understand it. Are they barring you from entering your place? Are they barring you from entering their business? What exactly are they doing to you?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:36 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
they anti semetic gay community tried to ban religious circumcisions in SF.

the first amendment is there to protect religious people from bigoted laws made by people like you.

you want to destroy the first amendment and should be treated like any other terrorist.

you are also a anti-Semite.
Oh grow up.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm willing to bet more than a few of the people behind a circumcision ban effort were Jewish themselves.

Unless you can show it was targeting Jewish people, your claim of anti-Semitism is your typical persecution complex bullcrap. I know you wallow in it because it makes you feel more righteous, but you DO realize you don't "own" circumcision, right? That it has been practiced in cultures across the world in various forms?
and their also anti-Semites

Quote:
You don't understand the first amendment. You think the first amendment means you can do whatever you want in the name of your religion.

Several hundred years of jurisprudence says otherwise. It's not my problem if you don't seem to understand that fact.
you don't understand the first amendment it was designed so bigots like the current crop of gay bigots would not force people to violate their religion. This country was founded on religious liberty and gay terrorist like you are trying to end it.

Quote:
I treat you the way I would treat the average Mullah or televangelist. As jokes and caricatures becoming rapidly irrelevant.

Just because you happen to be Jewish, does not follow that I hate all Jewish people.
I don't think your anti-Semitic because you hate me. it's the rest of your diatribe that shows me what you are

Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh grow up.
ever hear of projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Yes! As someone who has ZERO desire for kids (I view kids like the plague), I get so sick of people asking when I'm going to have kids! In fact, one reason I like my bf is that he doesn't seem to want kids either.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Agreed. The government should not be telling anyone who can and cannot marry. Marriage shall be interpreted by the persons involved in the relationship. Marriage benefits shall apply to all those who are married (personally, I feel there should be no marriage benefits, but that's another discussion).

I'm married, and I'm inclined to agree. Marriage is between the 2 consenting adults, and God, or whatever higher power one may believe in. It's not the government's business! As I've said time and again, 2 consenting adults getting married, and what they may or may not do in their bedroom has no bearing on my life, my family, or my morality. People need to stop being busy bodies, and stay the hell out of each others lives! But these authoritarian types on BOTH sides of the political spectrum can't let that happen, can they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies