Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,129,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No; legal immigration is done thru law which is much different than illegal by definition alone. Its done thru a specific process same has most countries. No there should be no preference I hiring less qualified Americans for jobs that other can better fill ;that is businesses choice and we have many Americans so hired in foreign countries.
Legal immigration is a long hard processes & takes time & determination. These people deserve to be here
& I can admire & respect them. I'm proud to call them Americans.

An illegal alien is nothing more than a cheap thief with a back pack that came to steal whatever he could
under the guise of "I just wanted a better life". There is no comparison between the two. One is a true American, the other is just a scumbag loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,799,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Ask your British girlfriend to move to US and marry you. Done!
That is, in fact, what we are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Legal immigration is a long hard processes & takes time & determination. These people deserve to be here
& I can admire & respect them. I'm proud to call them Americans.

An illegal alien is nothing more than a cheap thief with a back pack that came to steal whatever he could
under the guise of "I just wanted a better life". There is no comparison between the two. One is a true American, the other is just a scumbag loser.
I agree with that. It's like a starving person stealing food from a grocery store. Should we just let him go because "he just wants to eat?" It's pretty much the same principle.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,394,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post

Is this right?
It's right for the free market.

[i'll sell my house to the highest bidder]

Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,910,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
that is, in fact, what we are doing

i agree with that. It's like a starving person stealing food from a grocery store. Should we just let him go because "he just wants to eat?" it's pretty much the same principle.
I know, right!

I am one of those people who are "taking American jobs." The thing is, I am very educated though.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,372,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
If you allow any legal immigration, you have no choice but to grant immigrants the same job opportunities.

Your only other option is to halt ALL immigration - but now you are faced with the problem of multi-national families that your policy would tear apart. Again, you would force Americans to abandon their nation in order to stay together with their spouses and children. I don't know about you, but to me this sounds not like an approach that is worth pursuing.
You make a good argument. I don't think legal immigration is a bad thing when an economy is booming and there is a true need for a larger labor force (and I definitely agree that a foreigner who marries an American should get immediate full citizenship). But when a recession occurs I think, at the very least, immigration needs to be tightened down heavily. We should be able to apply for jobs in our own country without competing with foreigners for jobs. My relatives fought and bled for this land in several wars to ensure our right to live and work here, so I think we deserve that. The exception, as I mentioned, is if a company recruits internationally because there is a lack of qualified applicants.

The odd thing is I'm actually left of center on most political issues, I'm just starting to wake up and realize how much competition we face in employment and housing with foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies