Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What does discrimination have to do with pride? Are you saying I can't celebrate the accomplishments of the straight community because they aren't persecuted? That's a little unfair, and dare I say, bigoted, that you want to deny me the right to celebrate the accomplishments of these two straight men, who have done so much for america.
WHERE have I ever said I want to deny you anything?

I don't give a rat's ass WHAT silly ass threads you start.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FWIW - Mr. Edison was a ruthless monopolist that used other people's inventions as well as all possible means to prevent alternating current electricity from becomming the world's standard.
But he inspired one of the greatest Simpsons episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WmZDP3kIY

Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:

Barack Obama
the same man who supported the repeal of DOMA, and called Edie Windsor after DOMA was struck down, and congratulated her on live national television (via a phone call to her).

Yes, Barack Obama has contributed a great deal to Gays and Lesbians of our great Nation

Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the same man who supported the repeal of DOMA, and called Edie Windsor after DOMA was struck down, and congratulated her on live national television (via a phone call to her).

Yes, Barack Obama has contributed a great deal to Gays and Lesbians of our great Nation
Then he's surely a source of a great amount of straight pride, eh?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Where's the proof Edison was straight?
Marriage to a woman does not count.
It's good enough. A sex act isn't an identity most of humanity realizes this except the debauched West.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FWIW - Mr. Edison was a ruthless monopolist that used other people's inventions as well as all possible means to prevent alternating current electricity from becomming the world's standard.
Yup, apparently the OP couldn't find an impeccable straight icon. Who's he gonna commemorate next, the nazi Henry Ford?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
It's time for the official straight pride thread.

Today's focus is on Thomas Edison.

Thomas Edison was a straight male from Milan Ohio, born on February 11th, 1847. Edison was twice married, to Mary Stillwell and later Mina Miller. His inventions include a stock ticker, battery for an electric car, electrical power, and of course, the light bulb. A great American who made great contributions not just to the straight community, but to America and the world. Today the straight community of city-data honors Thomas Edison: inventor, thinker and all around great American.
Edison stole from Tesla. He's not the reason for electrical power. Tesla came up with the a/c current that we use now days.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How many cases of people being discriminated against merely for being straight have you seen?
Go to a gay bar and try to get a drink as a genetic born XX chromosomed female with your boyfriend/husband.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Go to a gay bar and try to get a drink as a genetic born XX chromosomed female with your boyfriend/husband.
Many straight couples go to gay bars. They are served just like any other paying customer.
I have straight friends go to clubs with me all the time.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
No it isn't. I personally haven't seen a single straight pride thread on here. And I haven't seen any parades, or otherwise.
Why Gay Pride?

Do you have any concept of how ignorant your perception is? If you can get past all of your hate, take the time to consider, how severely gays have been persecuted, and stripped of their dignity over the centuries. Denied equal treatment under the law, particularly when they have been victimized by assault, battery, and murder. What made the Matthew Shepard case remarkable back in 1998, was not the brutality itself, but the fact, that for the first time in U.S. history the brutality of gay bashing was first recognized by the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies