Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Try not to paint with such a broad brush, please.

I'm a liberal and I don't care what Dan Cathy OR Alec Baldwin Tweet.

People in this country have become thin-skinned pu$$ies. Do we really need a thread about either of these Tweets? Of course not.

Oh, and for the record, as a die hard liberal, I don't care that Paula Deen has used the "N word." I kind of already knew she had used that word. Has anyone else watched five minutes of her show?

Has your head exploded yet?

I am a died-in-the-wool liberal who doesn't care about the "outrage issues" you think all liberals care about.

I am a veteran who supports veterans causes, I voted for Obama, I drive a big new truck made by one of the Big Three in the USA and a big new car with a foreign brand but made in the USA, I have NFL season tickets, I eat meat, I drink beer, and I hate golf.

Do I fit into your profile of what a liberal is supposed to be?
It appears it is you who buys into stereotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 12:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
I will say this about Alec Baldwin. It will be interesting to see how he is treated by the media and sponsors alike on the heels of the Paula Deen incident. Both are liberal, both are celebrities. Will the media and sponsors treat both the same?

Old 06-29-2013, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
So it's okay for Mel Gibson to be anti-semitic just because Baldwin is a jerk?

So is Jesse Jackson still a bad guy for saying Hymietown? Or do you only get that pass if you're white? LMAO

Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why does Hollywood keep giving this jerk work while blacklisting Mel Gibson?
This is what "blacklisting looks like?

The Expendables 3 (pre-production)

2013 Machete Kills (post-production)
Luther Voz

2012 Get the Gringo
Driver

2011 The Beaver
Walter Black

2010 Edge of Darkness
Thomas Craven

Old 06-29-2013, 02:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Why does Hollywood keep giving this jerk work while blacklisting Mel Gibson?
Come on mels only good movie was Mad Max...

what Mel movie would make money now...the beaver and sock puppet movie. Get real

I could go down to the corner if I wanted to see a retarded drunk. for free

Old 06-29-2013, 02:10 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
If Baldwin's comments are hate filled, what are your comments??

Quote:
As the gay terrorists continue their attacks against creative freedom, free speech, freedom of expression, and the english language as a whole even the liberals' Hollywood hippy heroes are fighting back against them.

In related news, there is outrage over Amazon selling a pro-pedophile self-published book.
Quote:
And they're entitled to do so without the homofascists harassing them or sending them death threats.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Try not to paint with such a broad brush, please.

I'm a liberal and I don't care what Dan Cathy OR Alec Baldwin Tweet.

People in this country have become thin-skinned pu$$ies. Do we really need a thread about either of these Tweets? Of course not.

Oh, and for the record, as a die hard liberal, I don't care that Paula Deen has used the "N word." I kind of already knew she had used that word. Has anyone else watched five minutes of her show?

Has your head exploded yet?

I am a died-in-the-wool liberal who doesn't care about the "outrage issues" you think all liberals care about.

I am a veteran who supports veterans causes, I voted for Obama, I drive a big new truck made by one of the Big Three in the USA and a big new car with a foreign brand but made in the USA, I have NFL season tickets, I eat meat, I drink beer, and I hate golf.

Do I fit into your profile of what a liberal is supposed to be?
You probably just made their heads explode.

For the record - can't stand Alec Baldwin. He's arrogant and downright mean. I just don't pay much attention to him.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:35 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I have my own personal Mel Gibson blacklist, but just because the man is an abhorrent anti-Semitic woman-abuser doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to try to make a living.

He can make all the stupid movies he likes. I won't go watch them.
I think Mel has a little bit of schizophrenia or something. He plays the crazy guy in most of his movies, so maybe it's not such an acting stretch. But his movies are almost always good, at least the ones he produces himself. Braveheart, The Patriot, and Apocalypto are among my favorite movies of all time, plus We Were Soldiers and the Lethal Weapon franchise were pretty good.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:25 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think Mel has a little bit of schizophrenia or something. He plays the crazy guy in most of his movies, so maybe it's not such an acting stretch. But his movies are almost always good, at least the ones he produces himself. Braveheart, The Patriot, and Apocalypto are among my favorite movies of all time, plus We Were Soldiers and the Lethal Weapon franchise were pretty good.
I've begun to think the same thing. He plays crazy with quite a bit of conviction.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:27 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Boy it feels good to be a limousine liberal-

Alec Baldwin in not Paula Deen

Alec Baldwin, New York liberal, is of the media’s world; Paula Deen, Southern grits-chomper, is not. He can be forgiven for a slur he uttered the day before yesterday; she must be professionally destroyed for something she said years ago. She’s not one of us, dear.

Many liberals get tired of the conservative complaint about such double standards. We’ll stop complaining when they quit being true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies