Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
No, a thinking person will always question their environment. It's not simply a matter of "minding one's own business." In order to understand the world that we live in, we have to ask questions.

Understand that I don't hate homosexuals, nor do I personally care about what individuals choose to engage in. I'm simply fascinated by how people can be misled to believe a particular concept or idea, without questioning the idea.

b.s. you do care, you care enough to post about how terrible and unnatural homosexuality is. using 50 year old research to say it is a mental illness. you have an agenda and it is bigoted and uninformed and just plain wrong.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why thank you, OH great internet professor! Thank you for bestowing us lowly heathens with your great and boundless knowledge!

Oh, nevermind.
Everything you just posted is complete bunk.
Please stick to banging your bible. Preferably against your own head.

Have a blessed day.
This is about understanding the world that we live in. Here's a little exercise for you. Spend one day, without watching the tv, reading or doing anything else that could potentially influence your thought process.

Think about what you are thinking about and write down your thoughts, without judging. You will begin to understand, some very unfortunate truths...

Old 06-29-2013, 08:17 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,286,006 times
There has been a coordinated attack on the family unit for decades now. The re-defining of the word marriage is simply another aspect of this attack.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
No, a thinking person will always question their environment. It's not simply a matter of "minding one's own business." In order to understand the world that we live in, we have to ask questions.

Understand that I don't hate homosexuals, nor do I personally care about what individuals choose to engage in. I'm simply fascinated by how people can be misled to believe a particular concept or idea, without questioning the idea.
No, a thinking person would know that homosexuality is common in mammals. A thinking person would also understand that in a free society two consenting adults of the same sex should be able to get married if they choose to.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No, a thinking person would know that homosexuality is common in mammals. A thinking person would also understand that in a free society two consenting adults of the same sex should be able to get married if they choose to.
Dogs hump furniture and fire hydrants, and certain species of monkeys will eat their own vomit. Wild pigs enjoying rolling around in filth. Should human beings practice these behaviors as well?

I'm of the opinion that humans are a higher life form, because we have the ability to think and process information before impulsively acting.

BTW, who told you that we live in a free society? It's strange that you believe this. Oh nevermind... please carry on..

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,938 times
Quote:
Everything is actually playing out right before our eyes. The misguided however, do not have the ability to understand that what is presented to us (via media & entertainment, etc) on a daily basis, serves as an effective distraction from what is really unraveling, right before our eyes. But because you don't have the ability to see, you are blind to it, and will continue to remain blind, until you can no longer deny reality.
Nothing is playing out. You have been brainwashed. BTW I am VERY well versed in eschatology (<- that is end ov daze tripe if you did not know it) Hell I even started writing a book on it which is one of the reasons I am now an atheist.

Jesus cannot come back as he never existed in the first place. The one reported in the gospels is a conglomeration of many folk with messiah complexes of the era. The same one is a conglomeration of other many man-gods of the era. Your bible is not even properly translated.

Pick any topic you have been taught and I will show you the origins of that falsehood. None of it is real, none of it.

Oh btw, whenIwazawoo, I was asked to teach biblical studies by my pastor. I declined as I was already in the early stages of deconversion.

Let me assure you, you and I are gonna end up in the exact same place, dead and buried or in my case burned to a crisp.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Dogs hump furniture and fire hydrants. Should human beings practice this behavior too?
I'm sure some already do. Once again, I don't sit around worrying about what other people do.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Dogs hump furniture and fire hydrants. Should human beings practice this behavior too?
Oh please, humans beings find sexual gratification on all kinds of things. Just the other day, a man was caught on security camera in the Sweden having sex with a bicycle.

Swedish Police Searching for Bicycle ****er Caught on Video

Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Jesus cannot come back as he never existed in the first place. The one reported in the gospels is a conglomeration of many folk with messiah complexes of the era. The same one is a conglomeration of other many man-gods of the era. Your bible is not even properly translated.
If you were truly a thinking person, you would know that there are no absolutes. I have never stated that I know with certainty what will transpire. I simply made an observation that I've noticed things are becoming progressively more violent and behaviors that are destructive are now promoted as good.

Quote:
Pick any topic you have been taught and I will show you the origins of that falsehood. None of it is real, none of it.
Again, you need to stop thinking in terms of absolutes. Anyhow, I'll take you up on your challenge. Tell me about homosexuality, as you see it.

Quote:
Oh btw, whenIwazawoo, I was asked to teach biblical studies by my pastor. I declined as I was already in the early stages of deconversion.

Let me assure you, you and I are gonna end up in the exact same place, dead and buried or in my case burned to a crisp.
Unless you have died and come back to life, you can't assure me of where I will end up, after I die. Everything that you think you know, may not necessarily be how things are. I'm willing to admit that I can't prove God's existence, I never claimed that I could. I have however chosen to be a believer. I know that evil certainly exists because it's all over the world, therefore, I believe that Goodness also exist, in its purest form.

The binary of good and evil is actually embedded in everything that we do, whether we realize it or not. When one decides to rob, steal, murder, lie, cheat, etc what practices are they engaging in? Are these noble deeds? Conversely, when one decides to give to the poor, speak the truth, take care of the elderly, what type of deeds are these?

Think about the action and then think about the ultimate impact that it has on the individual who is engaging in those activities.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Oh please, humans beings find sexual gratification on all kinds of things. Just the other day, a man was caught on security camera in the Sweden having sex with a bicycle.

Swedish Police Searching for Bicycle ****er Caught on Video
I can't have this discussion with you, because you are not willing to think beyond what you have already accepted as truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies