Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
wonder if the op knows heteros have the same kind of sex that gays do
I am not stating that all heterosexuals or homosexuals engage in anal or oral sex, but I imagine that some do. Anyhow, this is so much greater than the type of sex that people have, it's about ideas that are formulated, promoted and accepted.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
They have no impact on me, but pushing the notion that homosexual should marry like heterosexuals is destructive, because it serves absolutely no purpose and is far removed from the true reason for marriage, which is rearing children in a stable environment so that ultimately they grow up to be an asset to society and their families.

Marrying just because you love someone is a relatively new concept.
I'm sorry you obviously did not get married because you love someone, or because they love you, but it is something to be cherished and admired.

Quote:
It's crazier that so many people don't ask why certain things are promoted and encouraged by society. Most people never ask why, they simply get caught up and react to certain buzz words, in stead of discussing the actual issue. A few common buzz words are "equality," "democrat," "republican," "conservative," "liberal," "racist," "homophobic," "white," "black," "illegal," "terrorist," etc etc.
Nothing is being "promoted" regarding gay marriage. The majority of intelligent humans now realize that being LGBTQ is not a choice, and is no one's business but the persons involved in the relationship. Evolution of thought is a good thing.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 AM

In truth, even if I didn't believe in God, I would arrive at the same conclusion regarding homosexual marriage. Ultimately it serves no purpose or overall good for society at large. If an action serves no purpose, why engage in it?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
You don't believe that you are more advanced than a dog? Think about where you got this idea from.
you are putting words into my mouth.

When it comes to behavior, SOME humans are no better than animals. You are speaking to two very different things.

Quote:
I fully agree with you, people are engaged in all sorts of activities, but what you are not admitting is, many of these behaviors are learnt and actually promoted by our current society. Why is that?

so homosexuality is "learnt" (no such word) behavior?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm sorry you obviously did not get married because you love someone, or because they love you, but it is something to be cherished and admired.
Marriages that tend to last and are most beneficial are actually based on more than just love. They are based on shared commonality, commitment and respect.
Quote:

Nothing is being "promoted" regarding gay marriage. The majority of intelligent humans now realize that being LGBTQ is not a choice, and is no one's business but the persons involved in the relationship. Evolution of thought is a good thing.
LGBTQ is not a choice? How do you know this? Homosexual genes haven't been found. Therefore I don't believe that people are born homosexual. I believe we are all products of our experiences and environment.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
you are putting words into my mouth.

When it comes to behavior, SOME humans are no better than animals. You are speaking to two very different things.

so homosexuality is "learnt" (no such word) behavior?
Well, actually there is.. "Learnt" is more commonly used in non American -British English. Most Americans however use "learned."

Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
They have no impact on me, but pushing the notion that homosexuals should marry like heterosexuals is destructive, because it serves absolutely no purpose and is far removed from the true reason for marriage, which is rearing children in a stable environment so that ultimately they grow up to be an asset to society and their families.
There is no requirement to have children when you are married, and there is no requirement to be married to have children. Millions of children are born to single mothers every day.

Stable environment? Can you tell me which child is in stable environment:

A gay loving couple who are well enough to provide love and support for a child, by clothing, feeding, and sending him to a good school, attend all of his or her extra curricular activities, and go through the pains of growing up.

Or

An abusive heterosexual couple where a child witnesses the father beats on his wife, and beats up the kids; a parental unit that abuses drugs, steals property, lets their children drop out of school, and lets their children starve in favor of when they will get their next fix.

Quote:
Marrying just because you love someone is a relatively new concept.
So what? Marrying for wealth, treating women as property, and to guarantee that the child belongs to the man (but nothing prevents the man from siring children with mistresses) is so 100 years ago.

What matters is now, not what "marriage" was 100 years, 1000 years, or even 10,000 years ago.

Quote:
It's crazier that so many people don't ask why certain things are promoted and encouraged by society.
So the concept of equality is only for the select few you deem to deserve it?

Quote:
Most people never ask why, they simply get caught up and react to certain buzz words, in stead of discussing the actual issue. A few common buzz words are "equality," "democrat," "republican," "conservative," "liberal," "racist," "homophobic," "white," "black," "illegal," "terrorist," etc etc.
so "equality" is a "buzz" word?

sorry if you feel that equality shouldn't be deserved for EVERY citizen of the US.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
In truth, even if I didn't believe in God, I would arrive at the same conclusion regarding homosexual marriage. Ultimately it serves no purpose or overall good for society at large. If an action serves no purpose, why engage in it?
So you don't believe infertile couples or the elderly should get married either?

Quote:
Marriages that tend to last and are most beneficial are actually based on more than just love. They are based on shared commonality, commitment and respect.
As I said I'm sorry you have not experienced love. It shows. As for the bold, I never said otherwise.

Quote:
LGBTQ is not a choice? How do you know this? Homosexual genes haven't been found. Therefore I don't believe that people are born homosexual. I believe we are all products of our experiences and environment.
Gosh color me surprised you believe it's a choice, I would never have guessed! As for how do I know, I never made any choices regarding sexual attraction, I knew from an early age who I was attracted to. How about you, how old were you when you chose to be straight?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
and has been shown in various studies, children from gay marriages usually do much better and are more well off than those raised by heterosexuals.

Quote:
LGBTQ is not a choice? How do you know this?
Oh things like science, biology, stuff you seem to be allergic to.

Quote:
Homosexual genes haven't been found.
Its funny how the homophobics are the only one that pushes the "gay gene' misnomer, when science have long since dis-proven the theory, nor treated the "theory" as anything serious.

So you are arguing yet, a straw man.

Quote:
Therefore I don't believe that people are born homosexual. I believe we are all products of our experiences and environment.
then you need to stop, because homoseuxals are born homosexual. Its no more a choice for them, as it was for you to be a heterosexual. YOU cannot choose who you are attracted to.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times
Quote:
Below are my thoughts on homosexuality:

The idea that homosexuals are "born that way," is nothing more than a complete fabrication, that was created for the sole purpose of bringing homosexuality into the mainstream, as acceptable, because after all, if something is innate, one can't help it, right?

In truth however, every mental health "expert" and all of the literature actually shows that homosexuality often comes about due to sexual trauma experienced during the early years of development, as well as other factors such as environment, and overall socialization. Homosexuality was studied for a very long time, --and it was determined that it is nothing more than an unfortunate mental illness. But like any illness it can be cured. The problem is, homosexuals have been fed a lie, and so they believe that they were simply born as they are and can never change.

I'm of the opinion that everything starts in the mind. This is why if you believe in something firmly or want to accomplish a particular goal, you must first convince yourself that you can do it. After you are able to envision what you want to achieve, everything plays out physically.

Homosexuals have convinced themselves that they are "gay" (which essentially means happy) to be in their current state, therefore, change is unlikely. Let's not forget the famous expression, "ignorance is bliss."
Well, here are mine:

I don't care who other people have sex with. Or why.

Life's so much easier my way, don't you think? If you want to be all pious and faithful and good, go work at a soup kitchen or volunteer at a homeless center. Go do some good works or something instead of worrying about how strangers bump uglies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies