Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post

Learn about the power of human vibration, and then you may understand how we all effect the planet we live on.
One thing we should all remember: When you upset the natural order, you will be punished.
So the vibration of the gays is going to offset the vibrations of MILLIONS of.... ready for it?..... Christians in California?

Are all the God-fearing Republicans in Orange County (who attend Christian mega-churches) going to be punished because of all this..... vibration?

One more question: CA had numerous internment camps for Japanese-American citizens during WWII. How come all the bad vibes coming out of Manzanar didn't cause an 8.5 on the San Andreas? Lol. It's always the gays that are going to disturb the universe.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
IT IS!??!?!?!
The world doesn't revolve around me and mine!?!?!?

My goodness....

Guy, the poster I was replying to said that "straight people are avoiding the institution and bonds of marriage..They want to be free from state and religious control and domination...Straight people are now simply being together" I was simply pointing out the fact while this may be happening, and has always happened, it's not the case with all "straights" Perhaps he could use some of your "your world is in reality very small" knowledge.

EDIT:
Nice edit by the way. Don't worry, no one is grading your math skills.
He said heterosexual couples are avoiding marriage when this is in fact true, he didn't say ALL.

More people feel marriage isn't a MUST.

YOU are the one that equated the relatively few couples(5,12,50,whatever) you know with the MILLIONS that wish NOT to get married.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
The homosexual activists are disappointed that everybody is not as thrilled and excited about homosexualized “marriages” as they are. Aside from the media and homosexual enclaves there hasn't been much if anything involving widespread celebration in support, recognition or most importantly acceptance regarding society in its entirety as it already is with normal man woman marriage.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
I would like to take a moment to thank the bible banging wing nuts for threads like this one, and the millions of others out there.
Thanks to you, and your ridiculous statements, the support for same sex marriage continues to grow.

See, no one wants to look like YOU. In fact they want to put as much distance between themselves and your nutty beliefs as possible.

So, once again, thank you, and keep up the good work.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
He said heterosexual couples are avoiding marriage when this is in fact true, he didn't say ALL.

More people feel marriage isn't a MUST.

YOU are the one that equated the relatively few couples(5,12,50,whatever) you know with the MILLIONS that wish NOT to get married.
I would agree that the numbers are dropping - which makes sense, given the changes in our society. Unlike a few years ago, the stigmata attached to "living in sin" bear absolutely no relevance these days. People's attention span has also seemingly dropped tremendously and the idea of permanently and officially creating a legal bond seems to sit somewhere between inconsequential to threatening - particularly with the divorce rate as high as it is. Thus, statistically, people stand a good chance of ending up divorced - only to pay out of their noses and have bitter fights about anything from property to kids. Taking the legal marriage contract out of the equation seemingly reduces a lot of headaches.

So, gay marriage will simply raise the number of people getting married in the US. I have a feeling I won't be affected by it one way or another...

Old 06-29-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual activists are disappointed that everybody is not as thrilled and excited about homosexualized “marriages” as they are. Aside from the media and homosexual enclaves there hasn't been much if anything involving widespread celebration in support, recognition or most importantly acceptance regarding society in its entirety as it already is with normal man woman marriage.
I know! I remember masses of white people in the South wildly celebrating in the streets when blacks were granted Civil rights - like those that "normal" people already had.

Seriously, do you expect that this country will come to a standstill with people gathering on the streets giving each other high-fives? I don't know what world you live in, but such spontaneous celebrations only happen when a large group of people in a particular geographic location experience a mutually shared "happy" event:

Americans learning that WWII is over.
Fans learning that their football team won the Super Bowl.
Homosexuals being granted equal rights.

People who have no vested interest in a particular event most likely won't show up for the celebrations... I know that I am not running downtown to party - but I am still glad that another step toward equality has been wrung from those who eternally live in yesteryear.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I would like to take a moment to thank the bible banging wing nuts for threads like this one, and the millions of others out there.
Thanks to you, and your ridiculous statements, the support for same sex marriage continues to grow.

See, no one wants to look like YOU. In fact they want to put as much distance between themselves and your nutty beliefs as possible.

So, once again, thank you, and keep up the good work.
You got that right! I am quite sympathetic to peoples' religious beliefs but I certainly want absolutely NOTHING to do with people who hide behind their religious text in order to actively and blatantly argue for legal discrimination against others.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
It's the bleach blonde soccer mom with high lights in her hair...who jogs and does the yoga thing that delights in the idea of men marrying men. I guess they are happy to see the opposite sex getting screwed into submission. I wonder why so many straight woman give support to gay marriage? I guess they like the idea of men not being men...kind of makes them feel better about themselves...man hate.....okay - that's it - Suburban females who hate men love gay marriage..they like to see males humiliated.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 PM

45 posts, read 46,535 times
I look forward to when the gala event is over and the realities of what has been begged for set in.

Those old political folk who partake in the Alice B. Toklas Democratic Club and their likes in other liberal bastions will be the only ones really thrilled. And maybe those persecuted throwbacks who need government paper to officiate their relations may get soppy over this relic win. Everyone else has either evolved or will use it as a business allegiance to do with it what they can.

I bask in joy knowing that this SSM drama will help finally rid humanity of such an ugly institution.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong.

Americans in the LGBT community do not expect or demand that everyone be "thrilled" about Marriage Equality. It is understood that not everyone will be supportive of it. African Americans, Hispanics, Jews, Environmentalists, Vegetarians - all minorities understand recognize there will some people who will not be sympathetic to them.

However, the fact remains - this has been documented by all polling sources such as Pew, Quninnipiac, Gallup, CBS, Fox - that acceptance of legalize same sex marriage has grown. The majority of Americans are now in favor of it. The people opposed to it are in the minority.

In November 2012 - the popular vote went in favor of Marriage Equality in 4 states: Washington, Maryland, Maine, and Minnesota. `

The acceptance, which you deny is taking place, in celebrations in cities across the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies