Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It is a perennial problem for the right-wing narrative that lenders who simply weren't obliged to make loans according to the CRA still pushed out as many subprime loans as they could.
97% of mortgages are currently backed by the US Government. Whats so subprime about a mortgage with governmental guarantees, unless you think guarantees by the government are ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM

37,970 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I guess now the Republican form of our government needs to be explained to you and how it works...

So a president urges congress -- the law making body of our Republic -- to do something about a real or precieved threat to our economy. It's then on congress to ignore or act. If they act and pass legislation then the president signs it or vetoes it. If it is brought up for review for its constitutionality it goes to the Supreme Court to be ruled on.

We don't live in the dictatorship you seem to think we do... At least not yet.

Where do I send the bill to for your schooling in basic civics at the 3rd grade level?
What's an executive order?
School is out.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Not exactly new, we knew this back in 2003 when Bush started to push congress to make changes.
Not sure if someone else, posted this before but its worth reminding the liberals of their mistake.

New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies - National Conservative | Examiner.com
We tried handing the GOP full control, and in charge of everything, the White House, House and Senate, and even the Supreme Court, and everything collapsed, but somehow they claim it was someone else's fault.

Where can we find people who will stand up and accept responsibility for their actions?

I'll tell ya, they don't make them like they used to.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Looking for AFFORDABLE homes, isnt the same as giving people loans that dont qualify for them..
I had a 660 credit score and 5 percent down when I started looking with my realtor. Since when does that qualify?

Quote:
And giving a "speech", doesnt actually do a dam thing, does it?
So Bushes word doesn't matter. I agree, but he shouldn't write checks with his mouth.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We tried handing the GOP full control, and in charge of everything, the White House, House and Senate, and even the Supreme Court, and everything collapsed, but somehow they claim it was someone else's fault.

Where can we find people who will stand up and accept responsibility for their actions?

Arent you one of the fools who keep whining that Democrats couldnt get anything done, despite having every branch of government?

yes, yes you are...

Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

How about quit trying to manipulate the economy and picking the winners and losers? Both sides are guilty of big government.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:35 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,334,468 times
Quote:
I guess now the Republican form of our government needs to be explained to you and how it works...

So a president urges congress -- the law making body of our Republic -- to do something about a real or precieved threat to our economy. It's then on congress to ignore or act. If they act and pass legislation then the president signs it or vetoes it. If it is brought up for review for its constitutionality it goes to the Supreme Court to be ruled on.

Where do I send the bill to for your schooling in basic civics at the 3rd grade level?
So what did Bush do exactly to address the issue with mortgages and the looming problem with defaults, doesn't really appear that put this on the front page.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
The agency was never created. Congress blocked it because they didnt want to give up power.. Thats what the Congressional hearings were about. Congress had set capital requirements at a ridiculous low 3% rate, and Democrats claimed it should be 0%, which was utterly ridiculous considering we collapsed at 3%. Thank god they never got their way.
Bush had both houses controlled by his party. Obviously he didn't try very hard.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
And giving a "speech", doesnt actually do a dam thing, does it?
That's my argument.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:

As I noted, Bush had both houses until the end of his administration. He wasn't fighting his own party over this. So you are left with either he did nothing or he was a weak ineffectual president.

Doesn't matter to me which you want to go with.

I will also note........you addressed none of my points. You are capable of cut and pasting but not coming up with answers on your own it would seem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies