Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I think I'd rather allow a government person decide what is and what is not, rather than an armchair forum decider.
Again, I have to ask.... Really?

You mean you are incapable of ascertaining the difference between what is, and what isn't a threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
why would anyone threaten physical violence on a politician? they are all a bunch of human highlight reels of failure, and eventually they'll die of natural causes. well, that, or they'll die of embarrassment. I'm kidding. these people have no shame.
Hey Nojiveman; another tiddly little sarcasm, but nonetheless, the poster intended sarcasm as he knows full well the very idea of a politician dying of embarassment is a full blown irony.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Were it only that simple but you are ignoring the reality of the times where a silly post like that HAS been a harbinger of death for innocent folks.

You want ALL your freedoms maintained without any responsiblity being required by those who have them by default or would you rather they EARN the damn things and show worthiness on a continuing basis?
And others have done things without a word of warning. Obviously that means those who do not make threatening posts or statements must also be looked at with a careful eye.

Or so the NSA argument goes.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:50 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is an understandable over reaction to the mess we are learning that our government is in. These sorts of statement have been made forever.

I can just imagine some busy body on the internet today would want someone arrested over this statement.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined."
Would a quotation of "push back hard, and blood in the streets" catch anyone's attention? Not disturbing enough I would imagine, it'll be just one of those we'll wait and see what happens, huh?

Civil disobedience is fine, political dissent is fine too, but how far are some people willing to take it?

Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Again, I have to ask.... Really?

You mean you are incapable of ascertaining the difference between what is, and what isn't a threat?
No.
But I believe our government might take statements more seriously than either of us can imagine.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Would a quotation of "push back hard, and blood in the streets" catch anyone's attention? Not disturbing enough I would imagine, it'll be just one of those we'll wait and see what happens, huh?

Civil disobedience is fine, political dissent is fine too, but how far are some people willing to take it?
It would seem to catch your attention, not mine.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I'd say he was attempting to be sardonic, not sarcastic. and I, was just being patronizing.
Regardless; this is making my day. But then I'm easily amused after four cups of coffee. Ya think it might be the caffiene?

Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Regardless; this is making my day. But then I'm easily amused after four cups of coffee. Ya think it might be the caffiene?
you know how I know you're not a left wing nut job? because you are familiar with beverage refills. most liberals are unfamiliar with this concept.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
I know you're Canadian, BruSan, but maple syrup does not belong in coffee

Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know you're Canadian, BruSan, but maple syrup does not belong in coffee
a canadian? brusan, please tell me that you know that terrance and phillip are the most famous canadians. that joke didn't go over too well with the poster from montreal, but hey, that's french canada for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies