Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
read the Koran sweetie. Kill the infedels including homosexuals. yeah real peaceful.
There's no violence in the Christian bible? Christians are for homosexuals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Muslims are all very aggressive no matter where they live.
They need to deal with it.
Evidently, you don't know any.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
no way this is possible islam is the religion of peace, or so I'm told repeatedly by the obama press.
You are, huh?
How about some links to that.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
This is the religion of peace liberals talk about
Maybe we should go over there and shock and awe them.

[and after that, nation-build them]

Old 06-29-2013, 05:28 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There's no violence in the Christian bible? Christians are for homosexuals?
Then go find all of the beheadings, bombings, acid-throwing and related sorts of violent acts taking place today by Christians in the name of Jesus and start your own thread, instead of hijacking this one.

If you're actually asking about events in the Old Testament and what their history/meaning was at the time (which I doubt) you can go to the religion forum.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Then go find all of the beheadings, bombings, acid-throwing and related sorts of violent acts taking place today by Christians in the name of Jesus and start your own thread, instead of hijacking this one.

If you're actually asking about events in the Old Testament and what their history/meaning was at the time (which I doubt) you can go to the religion forum.
I wasn't thread-jacking, I was responding to a specific post that compared Christianity to Islam.
I don't think Islam itself promotes beheadings. I think extremists pervert Islam but don't represent it. There are millions and millions of Muslims who don't behead anyone, and they probably hate the extremists even more than we do.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why did Christianity allow lynchings and witch-burnings?
The Church and Christians fail when they think paganism can be sprinkled with Christianity......
Chapter 5: Pagan Survivals in Visigothic Spain

The Catholic Church welcomed pagans and also allowed them to bring some of their ways and rituals to the body of Christ. Then many other Christians followed suit, mainly those people either were not allowed to read the Bible or couldn't read the Bible to find the truth about killing. Governments are more involved in promoting lynchings and witch burning.......not Christians.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:54 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll explain the difference. Islam is based on violence and hatred. Their prophet was a prolific murderer himself, he bragged about beheading 700 Jews. Orthodox Islam teaches to convert or kill your neighbor.

The peaceful Muslim congregations are existing OUTSIDE the teachings of Orthodox Islam.

Christianity is based on love your neighbor, forgive your enemies. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Violent Christians exist outside of Orthodox Christian teachings.

See the difference?
Do yourself a favor, stop posting about Islam until you actually learn something about the religion.
You're embarrassing yourself.

I am a Muslim. Are you telling me that I don't understand my own religion?
The religion that I converted to a little more than 10 years ago?
Tell me: How is it that you understand more about my religion than I do?

Old 06-29-2013, 05:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll explain the difference. Islam is based on violence and hatred. Their prophet was a prolific murderer himself, he bragged about beheading 700 Jews. Orthodox Islam teaches to convert or kill your neighbor.

The peaceful Muslim congregations are existing OUTSIDE the teachings of Orthodox Islam.

Christianity is based on love your neighbor, forgive your enemies. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Violent Christians exist outside of Orthodox Christian teachings.

See the difference?
Then there are very few christians around, because all I see from "christians" around here is hate, name calling, judgement, and persecution.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:00 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
read the Koran sweetie. Kill the infedels including homosexuals. yeah real peaceful.
I am a Muslim.
I read Qur'an you obviously do not.
I study Qur'an, you obviously do not.
I memorize Qur'an, you obviously do not.

So, what makes you an authority on Qur'an? NOTHING!!

In Christianity isn't it a sin to bear false witness against your neighbor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies