Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times

Advertisements

I had a friend who's husband got cancer of the tongue. She swore it was because he combined smoking cigarettes with drinking alcohol. Nobody knows what causes these things, best they can say that it may increase the risk.
Marijuana eases people's pain and is superior to alcohol and many prescription drugs. Legalize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 10:13 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I know someone who is receiving chemo and radiation treatment for throat cancer related to him legally smoking week for years. He could die. Sure, the plant is "natural", but there is nothing natural about burning it and inhaling smoke into your lungs. You might as well be over a campfire every day breathing in all the "natural" wood smoke.
Just got this today, maybe this information can be helpful to your friend.
D'Agostino: There's Still Hope in Cancer Treatment

and this
http://www.naturalnews.com/040314_th...er_tumors.html

Last edited by claudhopper; 06-29-2013 at 10:27 PM..

Old 06-30-2013, 12:59 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I had a friend who's husband got cancer of the tongue. She swore it was because he combined smoking cigarettes with drinking alcohol. Nobody knows what causes these things, best they can say that it may increase the risk.
Marijuana eases people's pain and is superior to alcohol and many prescription drugs. Legalize it.
Agreed! Pot is a LOT less of an insidious thing than booze. It does not make one ill after consumtion, causing vomiting headaches and a general **** poor feeling, LOVE them hangovers. Lol. I haven't seen anyone yet, who smoked a doobie and beat up their lady, not remembering a THING the next day. I also have yet to see anyone choke to death on their owwn vomit from smoking weed. No, it's not harmless. But, as stated in your post, comparatively speaking, it's way fown on the acute and chronic effects list.

Alcohol is a far worse thing to put the human body through. As with Rx meds, it is also addicting, causing a whole, separate, set of issues. There are a LOT of legal things far worse than weed. There is zero reason for the government to be poking there noses into folks lives on account of pot.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,763,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
[if we're going to be dumb may as well be completely dumb]
OK, let me take a shot at it. Washington and Colorado are in violation of International Treaty and therefore are in rebellion. Let's send in federal troops.

How's that?

Old 06-30-2013, 01:49 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
NaturalNews.com (formerly Newstarget) is a website founded by Mike "the Health Ranger" Adams. The site promotes almost every sort of medical woo known, though it specializes in vaccine denialism,[1] AIDS/HIV denial,[2] quack cancer medicine[3] and conspiracy theories about modern medicine.[4]Even other quacks think it's a quack site.[5] The site has recently expanded its outlook to become an outlet for extreme environmentalism and conspiracy theorizing about Obama and gun control.
If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.

NaturalNews - RationalWiki

Old 06-30-2013, 01:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
I know someone who is receiving chemo and radiation treatment for throat cancer related to him legally smoking week for years. He could die. Sure, the plant is "natural", but there is nothing natural about burning it and inhaling smoke into your lungs. You might as well be over a campfire every day breathing in all the "natural" wood smoke.
No, it's not harmless and i want it legal.

I don't care whether it's harmless or not. It's not the government's job to stop people from messing themselves up.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
(NaturalNews) Rarely known outside traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), lei gong teng or "thunder god vine" is stunning Western researchers with its ability to stop cancer in its tracks - in as little as forty days. Used for its health enhancing qualities for more than 2,000 years in China, the West is beginning to recognize the astounding benefits of the vine for treating cancer, giving new hope to those who suffer from the most deadly forms of the disease.
Thunder god vine compound annihilates cancer in 40 days, researchers discover

It works SO well in China, that the leading cause of death in Beijing is cancer.

Cancer is the leading cause of death in Beijing, according to data released by the city’s Cancer Prevention and Control Research Office. The center, which is a division of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, has found that since 2007, more Beijingers have died each year from cancer than from cardiovascular disease, previously the top killer.
China Releases Grim Cancer Statistics - Businessweek

Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
sounds like you've been on the reefers yourself, judged by your spelling, lol

Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,355,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Agreed. Ban campfires.

[if we're going to be dumb may as well be completely dumb]
I don't think anyone is standing over campfires everyday and breathing in all the smoke. Or smoking wood. That would be "dumb". That is my point.
Cigarettes are legal because when they were created we didn't know they were bad for you.
You can drink alcohol in moderation and cause no harm to your body and not get wasted.
Things like driving your car are only harmful if you get in a wreck. I can drive my car every day of my life and suffer no harm. You can't smoke week every day and suffer no harm. Every time you take a puff you are doing some type of damage to your lungs or some other part of your body, even if you don't get cancer.

I think people are going off on a tangent. I wasn't arguing whether or not weed should be legalized or not. I was making an argument to those who say that weed is harmless and that it is not bad because it is "natural." I get using it for true medical reasons because the harm it causes is outweighed by the medical benefits the person receives.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
that's why you have vaporizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies