Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't want to be like England who bans offensive language.
I support the Freedom of Speech and your right to call me any offensive name you think I deserve to be called.

I don't give a crap but if you do it in public you might get slapped with a slander suit.

Yeah to the Freedom to be Offensive whether you're Black or White.
It has to be uniform though. If a black person can sue or legally shoot and kill someone for using the "n" word then a white person should be allowed to sue or legally shoot someone for using a particular word also. If I could have even a thousand dollars for every time I've heard someone use a slur word to describe whites, I'd be really rich.

As long as there is a set list of words and all the hate words against whites are on it as well.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 AM

596 posts, read 730,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
The nerve of these people. I believe in the first amendment. Do you? CNN's feral Don Lemon needs a reality check. What we are witnessing is a modern day witch hunt on a successful white woman. As a poster stated "Paula Dean admittedly said 'n*gger' 24 years ago when a n*gger pulled a gun on her. She was justified in saying that and I hope her sales on Amazon continue to explode". I totally agree. Again ladies and gentlemen, this is about the first amendment and we can't be dictated by a group of people how we talk.

Zimmerman Trial Issues With Race Don Lemon N-Word Racists | Mediaite

This is my 16 second response to Don Lemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_Sqj7JUn8

In 6 minutes, William Shatner explains the problem we have with a certain type of people in society. And please watch and listen real good. It might be touchy to some but IT IS the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdgElbKe_w

You can beg to differ all you want. Technically, anybody can say whatever they want to whomever they want. Just know that there will be consequences to pay. All actions have consequences. And depending on who you say it to, the consequences may be a lot more severe than a lawsuit or losing a job. So if you are just busting at the seams to call a black person the N word because you feel it's your first amendment right to do so and nobody's going to dictate to you what you can or cannot say, then please....you go right ahead. Let me know how that works out for you.

And for the thousandth time, Paula Deen did not lose her contract because of something she said over 20 years ago. How many times does this have to be explained before you all understand? You all need to educate yourselves on the actual deposition, then perhaps you would comprehend that she is being held responsible for behavior that took place recently during the years that the plaintiff was employed at her restaurant. You all have latched on to that "she said one word 20 years ago" nonsense and run with it as if it tells the whole story, when it does not.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
buck davis made a good point. the last thing a black heard before he was being lynched by whites was the n word.

means different things to different people. i dont think whites should be clamoring to use the word.
The panel notes the problem. It's not that white's clamor to use the word. What was said was that a man's mixed race son would hear his dad use the word so he wondered if it wasn't simply O.K. to use the word.

All sorts of people hear the word used on recordings that people are peddling for profit which understandably leads to a watering down of the word and causes people to use the words their favorite recording artist uses.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:07 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I watched that panel as it happened and IMO it wasn't explosive at all, they were all on the same side and it wasn't an angry discussion at all.
This. I watched it as well.

Don Lemon is a triple threat to people like the OP: Lemon is black, gay and...... intelligent. I'm not the least bit surprised that the OP totally misrepresented the discussion.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If a word is inappropriate for one race to say, it is inappropriate for every race to say. That is what true equality is about, the same rules for everyone.
Translation: If Oldhag1 can't call Nietzschean Gangsta the "N" word then nobody should be able to.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Don Lemon is a triple threat to people like the OP: Lemon is black, gay and...... intelligent. I'm not the least bit surprised that the OP totally misrepresented the discussion.
he's gay? i didnt know that.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:12 AM

226 posts, read 230,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Don Lemon is a triple threat to people like the OP:.
Lemon is no threat to me at all.

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
If George Carlin were still alive he'd have to amend his 7 words you can't say schtick.

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My point EXACTLY!!. I thought of every hate slur and racist words as I could for whites and even on here they aren't censored.

If racist slurs should be censored everywhere, they should be censored for everyone, all racist slur words should be censored. I'm fine with censorship actually -- censor other vulgar words like the "f" word and words pertaining to private body parts and functions.
LOL! Don't kid yourself, there are no racist or hate slur words for White people, although I wish there were.
Because I would love to use them.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
There's nothing I can't say, I DGAF what Don thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies