Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
he's gay? i didnt know that.
Neither did I.
Cool.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
LOL! Don't kid yourself, there are no racist or hate slur words for White people, although I wish there were.
Because I would love to use them.
The list I provided definitely is but it shows the hypocrisy of political correctness. Those are definitely racist, unnecessary to use -- just as the "n" word is. They're meant to hurt. I'm fine with censorship -- there are plenty of words I would censor.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
The nerve of these people. I believe in the first amendment. Do you? CNN's feral Don Lemon needs a reality check. What we are witnessing is a modern day witch hunt on a successful white woman. As a poster stated "Paula Dean admittedly said 'n*gger' 24 years ago when a n*gger pulled a gun on her. She was justified in saying that and I hope her sales on Amazon continue to explode". I totally agree. Again ladies and gentlemen, this is about the first amendment and we can't be dictated by a group of people how we talk.

Zimmerman Trial Issues With Race Don Lemon N-Word Racists | Mediaite

This is my 16 second response to Don Lemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_Sqj7JUn8

In 6 minutes, William Shatner explains the problem we have with a certain type of people in society. And please watch and listen real good. It might be touchy to some but IT IS the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdgElbKe_w
Seems to me, it's the height of racism for skin color to dictate who can use a word and who can't. This just foments the division and grants power of a word against other people. If the word was in common usage, it's power would disintegrate and racists would lose their primary tool. It's only a word!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
buck davis made a good point. the last thing a black heard before he was being lynched by whites was the n word.

means different things to different people. i dont think whites should be clamoring to use the word.
The CNN panel all agreed that certain words carry more power than others, and the N word is one because of the history behind it.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Why are White people so obsessed with the desire to call Black people the "N" word?

White people seem to want to call me the "N" word so much that they feel physical pain
and psychological torment when they can't.

What's up with you guys?

if you do not want to be grouped with everyone in your race
then kindly show the same respect
I am white and I do not use that term
I did not use it back in the 1960's I was a little kid and I knew it was wrong what was going on
I do not hang out with people that not only demean black people but that demean anyone
I am NOT obsessed with THAT word
what I have grown sick of is since Obama has gotten elected race has become slung all over the place to the point I am sick of it
my grandson's father is black and he does not use that term
thank God Jordan is being brought up to respect all people
based o who that are not the color they are!!
this whole thing comes down to everyone of us
we teach people how to treat us
and for me if someone is pissing ad moaning about how kept down they are then I am sorry it is their responsibility to not have this warped view
I come out of domestic violence
do I hate all men because of what two me did to me?? NO!! I had to quit being a victim and get out of that
quit blaming white folks for your problem because I will not bite
I have zero while guilt
I am not going to grovel because some white OR black flocks are jerks!!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The CNN panel all agreed that certain words carry more power than others, and the N word is one because of the history behind it.
exactly. no white was lynched with blacks screaming cracker. there is no history behind the word cracker, which is why whites who say they are offended by it are not being serious.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 AM

596 posts, read 729,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Seems to me, it's the height of racism for skin color to dictate who can use a word and who can't. This just foments the division and grants power of a word against other people. If the word was in common usage, it's power would disintegrate and racists would lose their primary tool. It's only a word!
Very narrow view from someone who clearly either doesn't understand or doesn't care about the true history of the word. I honestly feel like certain people choose to be intentionally obtuse when it comes to this word. You all need to stop pretending that you don't understand why black people don't want white people to use it. That word already has power based on its origination and how it has been used historically. Not wanting white people to use it certainly does not bestow any additional power onto the word than it already has. As a black person, I find the word repulsive and I don't want anyone to use it, regardless of race. The word is rooted in pure hatred and the idea that whites are superior to black people. So no, it is not "only a word."

Old 06-30-2013, 11:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
exactly. no white was lynched with blacks screaming cracker. there is no history behind the word cracker, which is why whites who say they are offended by it are not being serious.
You aren't able to decide for other people what words offend them or not.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:26 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
LOL! Don't kid yourself, there are no racist or hate slur words for White people, although I wish there were.
Because I would love to use them.

then get off your high horse if someone else uses them!
so you admit to being racist
at least your honest about it
then you should have no problem with white racists
because they all, regardless of color flock together!!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Lemon is no threat to me at all.
Yeah. He is. For many reasons and here's just one:

Don Lemon is one of MANY intelligent, gay, black men. They are in positions of power and influence. They are helping to mold the shape and future of our country. What you believe in is going away. The whole far-right conservative philosophy of people who cannot even accept that the Obama was born in this country is going the way of palm oil, the Edsel, and telegrams. Bye, bye. Be sure to pay attention to the weight limit for your luggage while you wander around in search of 1950 America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies