Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The state believes GZ is innocent and is purposely letting this case unravel.
They only brought charges because the Governor and other Politicians forced the issues.

They are getting the true testimony from the local cops who investigated the case.

Those cops believe it was self defense.
I think the cops are angry because they didn't even think there was enough probable cause to arrest Zimmerman. Their judgment and the quality of their investigation is now receiving international attention and they're resentful.

For example, on HLN they were just saying that the gun should have been tested for DNA on far more locations than it was.

Both the female and male primary investigator seemed to be against the prosecution, which is highly unusual.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm saying not so fast after today: Prosecution witness: Zimmerman's injuries 'insignificant' | Fox News

No murder 2, for sure, but it could be reduced to manslaughter. The other testimony was somewhat helpful to the defense, but this testimony caught Zimmerman in a lie.
I would be ok with a manslaughter conviction - as long as he is held responsible in some way for what happened that night.

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I would call today a draw. The prosecution picked up a little steam, but imo, the goofy lady who diagnosed George by looking at pictures cost them any credibility they might have picked up.

Just my opinion.

Not to mention there is no way, period, of determining injuries inside George's head without proper Xray or similar equipment.

I blew her off entirely and dozed off. I'll watch the YouTube of her testimony later if I get a sudden urge for stupid.

My guess is there are many incidents of people dying from head injuries with nary a scratch on the outside.
But there was a non-goofy lady that diagnosed George via pictures you had no issues with?

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Maybe he carries a gun in case some makes a grab at food. It looks like GZ can't seem to eat enough.
on a serious note. Carrying a gun isn't a bad thing or indicate someone is a bad or weak person. Unfortunately to many wanna be heroes are out there. You meet them at the range. They shoot 10 inch groups at a silhouette target from 10 yards and they think they are hot.
The majority of us gun owners actually take the time to learn to shoot our weapons well.

lol

Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
GZ wouldn't have needed to carry a gun if he knew how to defend himself...
a gun made 5'7 204lb GZ a "big" man...
People carry for many different reasons. I always ask why when people come to my classes, and the most common answer is that people don't want to rely on police that are several minutes away when seconds count. More and more people are choosing to make personal safety their own responsibility. You would be surprised at the increase of women that I train these days.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do you know how many men and women carry a concealed handgun just in your state ? Millions

You never see it because it's concealed.
Don't call Florida the stupid people state my state!I live here now...NYC is where I'm from...and lived there for 35 years under some really dumb mayors like Dinkins...and never needed to carry a gun...!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
That is a factually incorrect statement. There is one witness who saw part of their fight. Other witnesses heard parts if it and one saw TM dead with GZ straddled over him. If there were so many witnesses who saw him get attacked, there would be no trial. The truth is, NOT ONE witness saw him get attacked.
A huge problem with our society today is the instant reprisal towards those that seek to pounce on the truth.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
That is a factually incorrect statement. There is one witness who saw part of their fight. Other witnesses heard parts if it and one saw TM dead with GZ straddled over him. If there were so many witnesses who saw him get attacked, there would be no trial. The truth is, NOT ONE witness saw him get attacked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Its amazing that GZ did nothing to defend himself - except pull his gun at the end. The fight traveled about 50 feet, GZ threw no punches, and let his head get repeatedly slammed into the sidewalk. He had the big flashlight in his hand the whole time (it was found beside TM's body) yet claims he was sucker punched 50 feet away and makes no mention of fighting back - just the wimpy waving in the re-enactment.
Sounds a bit fishy to most people.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
GZ wouldn't have needed to carry a gun if he knew how to defend himself...
a gun made 5'7 204lb GZ a "big" man...
Zimmerman defended himself perfectly.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
When the jury hears the law that pertains to self defense in Florida in closing arguments, they will understand that in the moment you don't get to evaluate your injuries when deciding if to use lethal force. You simply have to reasonably believe you may die or suffer great bodily harm. That is the law here.
Yeah but those ladies aren't going to believe GZ had a reasonable belief that he was going to die and suffer great bodily harm. Prosecution did a good job of showing his injuries were insignificant. I see guys take a worst beating in MMA fights all the time. I think the stuff about TM saying "You're going to die tonight" and supposedly that TM was reaching for his gun, are complete lies. GZ knows the laws, and from the start was trying to build a case that he felt his life was threatened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies