Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
The ever changing testimony of Jentel? Look, if you think Zimmerman's credibility is damaged by his contradictions, why are you giving credence to this woman's changing testimony? The pivotal witness for me? John Good.
Her testimony has never changed. She left stuff out or was vague in her terms, but she's never wavered from her testimony.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Which witness would that be? The Asian or white male neighbor? Or a different one?

I don't remember.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I totally agree. I don't think Zimmerman tried to defend himself at all beyond going for his gun.
I think he was overly hyped up and overly aggressive that night. The rash of burglaries had him angry and in a vigilante mode. He was determined to not let Trayvon get away. He genuinely believed Trayvon was a robber too, which added to his adrenaline and fear. He made some very bad judgments and decisions that night.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
I don't remember.
I ask because the only eye witness was the white male neighbor; the Asian male arrived after the fact. Everybody else was an ear witness.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
No one can say for certain who was screaming. For every one person who believes that Zimmerman was the one screaming, you'll find another believing it was Martin. Unfortunately, the quality of 911 recordings is plainly bad.

This is quite the case. Quite frankly, I don't think that the state can prove their case, but I am interested to see how public persuasion plays out within the jury.

That said, just because I don't think that the state can prove Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder under law, does not mean that I don't think that his actions weren't the catalyst that cost a teenager his life. Quite frankly, as a person outside the case, Zimmerman's actions leading up to the interaction pretty clearly seem to be the cause of the confrontation, and the confrontation likely would not have happened without Zimmerman's interest in Martin. I think this is what has caused upset... people feel as though they know why Trayvon is dead, but they don't understand how the law could not see what they feel.
I think it's partly because people understand why a teenager would be scared of a guy following him in the dark and maybe even punch the guy, and then to die because of that ---- it seems wrong.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Her testimony has never changed. She left stuff out or was vague in her terms, but she's never wavered from her testimony.
She wavered in her testimony even while on the stand. I know it was long and at times hard to watch given the amount of detail they went into but she did indeed waver quite a bit. My impression of her account? She was quite specific and unwavering when talking about Zimmerman following Martin (as told to her by Martin). However, when it got to speaking of the confrontation she claimed to hear, she wavered quite a bit.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I ask because the only eye witness was the white male neighbor; the Asian male arrived after the fact. Everybody else was an ear witness.
John Good thought he saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, maybe he said it.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
John Good thought he saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, maybe he said it.
That's the white guy, he didn't say that TM's knees were near GZ's armpits though. He was able to identify who was on top and bottom by the skin color and he saw "downward striking motions".

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 AM

688 posts, read 652,246 times
Quote:
I think it's partly because people understand why a teenager would be scared of a guy following him in the dark and maybe even punch the guy, and then to die because of that ---- it seems wrong.
Exactly. And, not just teenagers, but anyone, really. I think most of us would have been worried if Zimmerman had been following us on a dark, cold, rainy night. That alone doesn't make Zimmerman guilty of anything, but it would definitely feel creepy to most us, eliciting a "fight or flight" reaction. Trayvon's reaction appears to have been "fight," and many people empathize with that.

*Edit: I know alleging that that Zimmerman was "following" has been a point of contention. But, according to testimony under oath, Trayvon was aware that he had gotten Zimmerman's attention, and then later the two had met. The "meeting" is what I was referring to.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
She wavered in her testimony even while on the stand. I know it was long and at times hard to watch given the amount of detail they went into but she did indeed waver quite a bit. My impression of her account? She was quite specific and unwavering when talking about Zimmerman following Martin (as told to her by Martin). However, when it got to speaking of the confrontation she claimed to hear, she wavered quite a bit.
I don't see it that way. No matter what West did, she refused to say that Trayvon approached Zimmerman. She never changed her story that Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon. She said that Trayvon and Zimmerman both sounded out of breath, which suggests that Zimmerman was running, or at least walking fast, and not stopped at the T. She never changed her story of what Trayvon said: "Why are you following me for?", instead of the more confrontational, "You got a problem?" which I think Zimmerman actually quoted as "you got a problem homie?" in one statement. She never changed her story of hearing a bump, and then the sound of earphones in the grass. And even the "get off, get off" sounds credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies