Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't see it that way. No matter what West did, she refused to say that Trayvon approached Zimmerman. She never changed her story that Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon. She said that Trayvon and Zimmerman both sounded out of breath, which suggests that Zimmerman was running, or at least walking fast, and not stopped at the T. She never changed her story of what Trayvon said: "Why are you following me for?", instead of the more confrontational, "You got a problem?" which I think Zimmerman actually quoted as "you got a problem homie?" in one statement. She never changed her story of hearing a bump, and then the sound of earphones in the grass. And even the "get off, get off" sounds credible.
I disagree but then at the end of the day, our opinion doesn't matter. I do think her hostility on the stand did not help. After all, the jury is made of humans, in all of their fallible nature.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
50%. I don't think Trayvon said "You're going to die tonight." That sounds like something out of a movie. Trayvon didn't reach for the gun either. I don't think Trayvon just randomly sprang up on him either. I think Zimmerman ran up on him, just like Rachel said, and either Zimmerman tried to grab him to hold him until police arrive, or Trayvon reacted defensively and punched Zimmerman.

I also question whether Zimmerman ever really tried to defend himself. I think he may have started reaching for the gun soon after the fight started. Its not that hard to block punches from an opponent who has you mounted, ESPECIALLY if that opponent weighs less than you. I've trained in MMA for several years and if a lighter man is on top of you, especially one with no training, even if you know nothing about grappling it's not difficult to get him off or at least bear hug him and buy yourself some time. Zimmerman weighed 200lb and TM weighed 150??
GZ was checked into the Sanford police station standing at 5'7" and weighing 185'.

TM stood at 5'11" and weighing 160'.

That is only a 25 lb difference, not a 50 lb difference.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I don't see it that way. No matter what West did, she refused to say that Trayvon approached Zimmerman. She never changed her story that Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon. She said that Trayvon and Zimmerman both sounded out of breath, which suggests that Zimmerman was running, or at least walking fast, and not stopped at the T. She never changed her story of what Trayvon said: "Why are you following me for?", instead of the more confrontational, "You got a problem?" which I think Zimmerman actually quoted as "you got a problem homie?" in one statement. She never changed her story of hearing a bump, and then the sound of earphones in the grass. And even the "get off, get off" sounds credible.
GZ's face and head sure looked like TM was saying, "get off, get off".

Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I disagree but then at the end of the day, our opinion doesn't matter. I do think her hostility on the stand did not help. After all, the jury is made of humans, in all of their fallible nature.
What does even this mean?

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-03-2013 at 01:22 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
GZ's face and head sure looked like TM was saying, "get off, get off".
Or it looks like GZ did not get off, so TM had to get him off.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Zimmerman was offense 100% - Martin was defense 100%.
Not according to the neighbor John Good. TM was on top and he said that he saw downward striking motions.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Really? So, GZ gets on top of TM, doesn't leave any visible marks on TM, save the gun shot wound, but GZ sustains multiple injuries. Your scenario seems highly unlikely.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Not according to the neighbor John Good. TM was on top and he said that he saw downward striking motions.
Facts don't seem to really matter in this case. All over Twitter, voices crying to tear up their own communities over it. Someone even suggested going into Best Buy, not realizing the cost will be turned toward the consumer. Something a shoplifter doesn't take into account either.

Every person Tweeting and Facebooking this garbage need to be held accountable.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
The phone disconneted but she still hears get off, get off. She did change the get off, get off from Bernie to trial.

Hearing tm screaming for help hanged from this ---

"It could be Trayvon. Like I said, I don't know but it could be. The dude sounded kind of like Trayvon. Trayvon do got that soft voice and that baby voice sometimes. So, it could be, I don't know."

to---

'It was Trayvon.'

Though I'm no expert in urban youth culture, I'm sure she didn't want to return to Miami without doing what she could to help tm, or she'd be facing some pretty friends.

Last edited by jazzarama; 07-03-2013 at 05:04 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Leave it to you to be insanely PC. Every rational person knows that the prosecution would have preferred an all black jury and the defense an all white one.
I think your own biases are showing. The jury I was just on was composed of Blacks and whites. The defendant was black and the victim was black. The blacks on the jury were the ones arguing the most for a guilty verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies